Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Leaked Games Workshop influencer NDA

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I came across this video today.

I did find the original thread and uploaded the actual NDA to my own imgur account.

0bdzpWJ.jpg

It appears that this contract is quite illegal and lock down content creators indefinitely as they lack the ability to end the contract.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Leaked Games Workshop influencer NDA
Technically, it's just sharing if you haven't signed it.

don't really see anything too silly/not normal for a regular NDA though

Really? You must not have read it well since there is no mode to end the contract. All GW has to do is send the recipient product and the contract is extended by 3 years. The recipient cannot talk bad about the product etc.. This is not your standard NDA.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Feels like you could just not accept product from them, send it back, email them and say "I dont want product" and you'll be good to go. GW won't literally send you miniatures to keep you in legal loophole hell. It's still bad they're doing this to youtubers, but I literally dislike each and every single hobby youtuber in existence, so who's to say?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
is he seriously claiming the stock price is down because GW has a shitty NDA and not because they announced they were paying out a smaller dividend than expected due to COVID-19 issues?

I don't think this dude is a good source; he's definitely just assmad as hell that he got unpersoned for saying racist bullshit a bunch.

I don't believe he does. I think it's a combination of things from the price gouging to terrible customer service.

Wouldn't you be? I don't care if he's a racist or he's said edgy things. He's got a right to his opinion as do you and I.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
is he seriously claiming the stock price is down because GW has a shitty NDA and not because they announced they were paying out a smaller dividend than expected due to COVID-19 issues?

I don't think this dude is a good source; he's definitely just assmad as hell that he got unpersoned for saying racist bullshit a bunch.

I don't believe he does. I think it's a combination of things from the price gouging to terrible customer service.

Wouldn't you be? I don't care if he's a racist or he's said edgy things. He's got a right to his opinion as do you and I.

Did I say he doesn't? I'm saying his estimations on whats going on with GW are shit because he's a dumb racist moron thats very upset he lives in a world were he can't propose brutal solutions to the "muslim problem" without catching flak and risking his shit channel lol.

don't think most people care about the NDA because "influencers" are cancer

I feel like most of the problems people have with GW I know is like, people being pissed off that W+ doesnt have enough content, AoS3.0 was very divisive, they can't keep anything in stock and people are getting tired of the "it sold out instantly, sorry, we might reprint it never :/" attitude from games workshop. I would say the cockup with Cursed City probably pissed more people off than people being mad about non-disclosure agreements that literally only affect youtubers

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I feel like most of the problems people have with GW I know is like, people being pissed off that W+ doesnt have enough content, AoS3.0 was very divisive, they can't keep anything in stock and people are getting tired of the "it sold out instantly, sorry, we might reprint it never :/" attitude from games workshop. I would say the cockup with games workshop probably pissed more people off than people being mad about non-disclosure agreements that literally only affect youtubers

The influencers are highlighting all the problems from FOMO releases to the intentional shorting of stock to the ripping off of customers. WH+ is failing and GW is now forced to hand out freebies to get people to subscribe to it. GW is trying to corner the market on content by creatives from animation to battle reports to releases. The influencers are reporting on it which the entire NDA is aimed at silencing them for unfavorable content. That is only going to compound the falling stock prices etc...

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
I feel like most of the problems people have with GW I know is like, people being pissed off that W+ doesnt have enough content, AoS3.0 was very divisive, they can't keep anything in stock and people are getting tired of the "it sold out instantly, sorry, we might reprint it never :/" attitude from games workshop. I would say the cockup with games workshop probably pissed more people off than people being mad about non-disclosure agreements that literally only affect youtubers

The influencers are highlighting all the problems from FOMO releases to the intentional shorting of stock to the ripping off of customers. WH+ is failing and GW is now forced to hand out freebies to get people to subscribe to it. GW is trying to corner the market on content by creatives from animation to battle reports to releases. The influencers are reporting on it which the entire NDA is aimed at silencing them for unfavorable content. That is only going to compound the falling stock prices etc...

How many GW fans do you think you're gonna stop buying games workshop products because of fomo? Demand is like super high for GW products the problem is that they can't make enough stock. Go into any games workshop game Facebook group And mention the prices are too high you will and I want you to understand that you will be guaranteed to be absolutely flooded with comments of people calling you a whiny baby who will tell you to stop being poor.

Historically games workshop as a business is very bad at predicting how much stock will be enough to meet demand so they always make stuff in low print runs. If they have a product do badly it fucks them so hard. Gorkamorka straight-up almost ended their business.

In comes Covid-19 to FUCK up our entire global trade system.
Now its harder.

And! Shareholders do not care about influencers. They want their dividend payouts. Those are down, because GW is having a difficult time, keeping products on the shelves. Like they told their shareholders.
Which made the stock price drop. And its still like 180 USD a share, man.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

How many GW fans do you think you're gonna stop buying games workshop products because of fomo? Demand is like super high for GW products the problem is that they can't make enough stock. Go into any games workshop game Facebook group And mention the prices are too high you will and I want you to understand that you will be guaranteed to be absolutely flooded with comments of people calling you a whiny baby who will tell you to stop being poor.

Historically games workshop as a business is very bad at predicting how much stock will be enough to meet demand so they always make stuff in low print runs. If they have a product do badly it fucks them so hard. Gorkamorka straight-up almost ended their business.

In comes Covid-19 to FUCK up our entire global trade system.
Now its harder.

And! Shareholders do not care about influencers. They want their dividend payouts. Those are down, because GW is having a difficult time, keeping products on the shelves. Like they told their shareholders.
Which made the stock price drop. And its still like 180 USD a share, man.

Quite a bit actually and several of the Youtube creators I know of for WH40k and AoS are now doing dedicated videos covering getting into 3d resin and FDM printing. They're highlighting the costs to print your own versus buying the extortionist cheap crap from GW. They're also showing the quality of those prints and they exceed the quality that GW is doing right now.

A squad of Primaris Intercessors are $60 USD which costs GW about 35 cents a mini to make. That's a squad of 5 figures. Each figure costs $12. You can print the same scale in resin with the equal to or greater detail for the same 35 cents that GW pays. A good entry level 3d resin printer is about $200 USD. A 1 liter bottle of resin costs between $30-$40 USD and you can get about 120-140 34mm scale miniatures. That's a nice sized army for any faction. How much do you think it would cost you to buy the same amount of miniatures? Commissar Gamza already did the math and he got almost $2,000 USD. With FDM printers you can easily print out titans that are $25 USD and completely in 34mm scale. Tanks etc... are about $5-$20 USD.

You are under the impression that GW can't make enough. They can and have all the tools needed to keep the stock levels up. FOMO is the current strategy and scalpers are buying up everything to resell at much, much higher prices. Demand for their products is dropping off because FOMO kills it for most people. If you can't buy the miniatures you want you find a different source. In this case, people are flocking to 3d printing since it's a better value. Sure you couldn't use the minis in official stores or tournaments, but FLAGS and your home you can. Most people play in their homes.

CONVID is a cover for why they're doing things now. Their entire operating practices goes back to 2010 at least when I still played. This is all self inflicted. The entire release a new set of rules every 2-3 years plus shoveling out codexes in that time frame with the prices of the books being so high is working in favor of such rules as One Page Rules. OPR also has 3d stl files for all of their armies at a relatively inexpensive price. Most GW content creators are moving over to OPR or Battletech. With Battletech, CGL doesn't care what models you use and supports 3d printing. You can get the model files online for free in most places.

Here's some of Commissar Gamza's videos on 3d printing. Enjoy.

Shareholders are not stupid and the entire CONVID excuse wears thin when this has been happening for over a decade.

Humbaba

Arcane
Commissar Gamza is an incel faggot and you are too if you actually believe that resin is equal in quality to GW grade plastic. Mini piracy will kill the industry before it fixes it. All those worthless tubers have a financial incentive to stir up drama for views. They are a vocal and unreliable minority. If people didn't like GW products they wouldn't buy them and GW wouldn't keep making them. Stop buying products you don't like. If enough people do that, GW will stop producing that product. If GW doesn't then you and your boycooter friends never mattered as a demographic anyway. Find peace in that and move on.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Commissar Gamza is an incel faggot and you are too if you actually believe that resin is equal in quality to GW grade plastic. Mini piracy will kill the industry before it fixes it. All those worthless tubers have a financial incentive to stir up drama for views. They are a vocal and unreliable minority. If people didn't like GW products they wouldn't buy them and GW wouldn't keep making them. Stop buying products you don't like. If enough people do that, GW will stop producing that product. If GW doesn't then you and your boycooter friends never mattered as a demographic anyway. Find peace in that and move on.

Oh look it's Buttermilk Bob.

I hate to tell you this, but all of the prints I've done with my 3d printer is better then the shit that GW is shoveling. Here's one of my prints and it's a dragon at 34mm. It stands 10" tall and has a wing span of 12.5". Standing next to him is a 34mm scale female wizard.

f80snF7.jpg

Not enough detail huh faggot?

You do realize that a 3d resin printer prints each layer at .01-.2mm thick. Mine is set to .02mm layers. That means high detail and accuracy with the print.

Absinthe

Arcane
While you raise a valid point that "social media influencers" are professional attention whores and drama queens on the whole, you are a special breed of retarded if you seriously believe that 3D printing your own miniatures is somehow fucking piracy.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
While you raise a valid point that "social media influencers" are professional attention whores and drama queens on the whole, you are a special breed of retarded if you seriously believe that 3D printing your own miniatures is somehow fucking piracy.

He's been that way for a while in many other threads. He thinks that GW is the only mini manufacturer out there and ignores Reaper, Ral Partha, Iron Wind, etc... All 3d printing does is allow regular people print their own miniatures from stl files that they either buy or find for free.

I've seen hundreds of 3d artists cranking out miniatures for people to buy and use in everything from wargaming to tabletop rpgs. You are given permission to print them for your own use and in unlimited numbers. Some miniature model creators allow you to pay a higher price on their Patreon to be able to sell their miniature prints as a business.

Absinthe

Arcane
My issue here is that that kind of attitude is about as retarded as screaming at your cousin who likes knitting when she opts to make her own cheaper and better version of that sweater she saw in a store because she is "pirating the store's sweater" by doing so.

Humbaba

Arcane

I hate to tell you this, but all of the prints I've done with my 3d printer is better then the shit that GW is shoveling. Here's one of my prints and it's a dragon at 34mm. It stands 10" tall and has a wing span of 12.5". Standing next to him is a 34mm scale female wizard.

f80snF7.jpg

You do realize that a 3d resin printer prints each layer at .01-.2mm thick. Mine is set to .02mm layers. That means high detail and accuracy with the print.

Looks like ass and not even close to GW quality but a schizophrenic boomer like you probably wouldn't notice.

If you 3d print GW minis instead of buying them then that's not piracy?

He's been that way for a while in many other threads. He thinks that GW is the only mini manufacturer out there and ignores Reaper, Ral Partha, Iron Wind, etc... All 3d printing does is allow regular people print their own miniatures from stl files that they either buy or find for free.

Just leave those goalposts where they are alright grandpa?

My issue here is that that kind of attitude is about as retarded as screaming at your cousin who likes knitting when she opts to make her own cheaper and better version of that sweater she saw in a store because she is "pirating the store's sweater" by doing so.

Your issue is more about coming up with better comparisons.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

f80snF7.jpg

Looks like ass and not even close to GW quality but a schizophrenic boomer like you probably wouldn't notice.

Just leave those goalposts where they are alright grandpa?

1. You have terrible eyesight then, but what do you expect from a sub-80 IQ Buttermilk Bob.

2. They're not GW minis though retard. GW hasn't released the stl files in either paid or free format. These are models produced by 3d modelers that work on their own.

3. What the fuck are you smoking moron?

4. Your issue is that you're a retard and should be castrated to keep from polluting the gene pool.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

I hear ya. It's like he has to protect fair maiden's honor or something. For Pete's sake GW isn't going to fuck him and they have enough money they don't need him.

Absinthe

Arcane
Blackshirt, you just come off as butthurt, honestly.

No. Just like deciding to play an open source Megaman clone does not make me guilty of pirating from Capcom.

If you want that kind of shitty retort to be treated with any credibility, you'll have to explain why you believe so first. The issue is the same: You're getting pissed off at someone for "pirating" because they're making their own stuff that's imitating someone else's design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom