Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nahel

Arcane
Hard is for munchkin build. Drop to core. Except if they nerfed it in last patches. And in act 4 and 5 a control focus might be unviable.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Any perfered route for act 3, is there something I am doing wrong or am i supposed to be struggling this way ? Again I can usually get through the AC and/or saves of mobs if given enough time to debuff and then Regill and Woljff can generally 1 or 2 round anything down. The issue is getting to that point without losing half my team.

I start with Greengates (Demon's Heresy), I think it's the easiest area in the chapter.

Then I try to do the lab ASAP. I think you can stick to the main corridor and the already opened doors until you hit the end (you'll run into the Suture in the room directly before the last one who will give you a way to get into the final room), then go back and explore the rest of the area after that. If that works you'll get a power bump before the more difficult fights in the area.

I tend to leave Wintersun and Blackwater until last. Blackwater is, in particular, a bit of a slog (although having a lot of mind-effecting spells might help you on there).

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Blackwater was for sure the hardest so far out of Act 3 areas. Everyone has high AC and high SR.

ArchAngel

Arcane
My current party is 3 archers, so far they are owning everyone. Too bad the undead dwarf has a serious problem with feat and ability choices.. Weapon focus Glaive and Tower Shield proficiency?! Dazzling Display with nothing into Persuasion?!
More Dex than Str while having Armor Focus: Heavy?! And only 14 Wis while being a Warpriest?!
And being undead I cannot make him larger like I could with the dwarf assassin dude so he is losing a lot of extra damage and power as a result. On the other hand since I removed Ember from party his spells do come in handy as Ember was one of the main buffers and healers.
On the other hand atm he gets a flat +3 bonus to Str, Dex and Cha for just being within 50 ft of my main character, this bonus will rise to +6 by lvl 10 lich and it stacks with magical gear. With good feats and better spread of abilities he would be owning.
So far he is only companion that was just built terrible.

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
Blackwater's the most annoying dungeon of the bunch in Act 3. I went through it with electrical weapons. Seems like Call/Chain Lightning work wonders there. Camellia's probably gonna be the good there for her electric spells and electric buffs to weapons.

cw8

Cipher
Any perfered route for act 3, is there something I am doing wrong or am i supposed to be struggling this way ? Again I can usually get through the AC and/or saves of mobs if given enough time to debuff and then Regill and Woljff can generally 1 or 2 round anything down. The issue is getting to that point without losing half my team.

I'm on Core. I have Seelah tanking with Last Stand mythic. My Scaled Fist Monk PC is a pseudo tank as well. Daeran is dedicated healer with the long range healing mythic, the headband that adds channeling heals, the channeling+heal mythic passive and extra channeling, he heals for like 35-50 per channel at my current level. Ember's the fire elemental ascendant ray casting goddess. Arusahlae kills everything with her longbow. And Nenio's for the buffs and haste. Any deaths I sustain, I try to use Breath of Life immediately. If all else fails, I throw a shit ton of summons. You got two great items from chapter 2 for that plus your mythic abilities.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
My current party is 3 archers, so far they are owning everyone. Too bad the undead dwarf has a serious problem with feat and ability choices.. Weapon focus Glaive and Tower Shield proficiency?! Dazzling Display with nothing into Persuasion?!
More Dex than Str while having Armor Focus: Heavy?! And only 14 Wis while being a Warpriest?!
And being undead I cannot make him larger like I could with the dwarf assassin dude so he is losing a lot of extra damage and power as a result. On the other hand since I removed Ember from party his spells do come in handy as Ember was one of the main buffers and healers.

His poor feat and stat choices reflect his poor life choices :D

After getting 4th lich level you get an aura that buffs all your undead minions, getting stronger with each mythic level. With that they'll get really powerful but dwarf is still bad.

volklore

Arcane

I start with Greengates (Demon's Heresy), I think it's the easiest area in the chapter.

Then I try to do the lab ASAP. I think you can stick to the main corridor and the already opened doors until you hit the end, then go back and explore the rest after that. If that works you'll get a power bump before the more difficult fights in the area.

I tend to leave Wintersun and Blackwater until last. Blackwater is, in particular, a bit of a slog (although having a lot of mind-effecting spells might help you on there).
I'll try that, thanks!

Hard is for munchkin build. Drop to core. Except if they nerfed it in last patches. And in act 4 and 5 a control focus might be unviable.
My sorc is hardly underoptimized, in fact it's a relatively min-maxxed DC sorc. The main thing that I would venture isn't an optimal decision was picking azata over lich (because those instant 3 caster level would help me a ton in those encounters). But I like the idea of favorable magic and some of the cool synergies possible (with persistent metamagic notably). That said I probably need to go over my mythic level choices. So far I think I took the second rank of abundant casting a bit early, I probably didn't need it and could have used something else. And the game doesn't seem to be as rest restricted as kingmaker especially with a high religion guy. Again, I am not missing much tbh a few points of stats extra would turn these fights I struggled with into 'a lot more manageable' range. I can probably make some adjustment to my party as well - many things to try before dropping difficulty.

I'm on Core. I have Seelah tanking with Last Stand mythic. My Scaled Fist Monk PC is a pseudo tank as well. Daeran is dedicated healer with the long range healing mythic, the headband that adds channeling heals, the channeling+heal mythic passive and extra channeling, he heals for like 35-50 per channel at my current level. Ember's the fire elemental ascendant ray casting goddess. Arusahlae kills everything with her longbow. And Nenio's for the buffs and haste. Any deaths I sustain, I try to use Breath of Life immediately. If all else fails, I throw a shit ton of summons. You got two great items from chapter 2 for that plus your mythic abilities.

Now that you mention it, Last stand would have made a lot of these time race fights a lot easier LOL. Looked lame when I read it because I figured things wouldn't hit my frontline much anyway. Seems pretty strong since I have not managed to 'out-ac' big mobs in this game.

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
Up yours Marilith and your 6 arms. Let's see how many attacks you can make and how many attacks I can make:

monk.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

There is nothing evil about undeath. In Pathfinder is only ""evil"" cuz it defies Pharasma dogma. But why is considered evil? The Gods has a monopoly over the positive energy and call creatures made by the opposite type of energy evil, but what is evil in a vampire who lives forever and enjoy his unlife forever if everyone who gives blood to him gives winningly? Nothing. Do you know what is evil? Imprison mortals in a body which will eventually become weaker and weaker, decaying till they die and prohibit people from obtaining a superior body. Yes, the Gods are evil. Undeath is just a natural evolution.

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Anyone who's done the Ivory Sanctum, did you get EXP from
Eternal Guardian, those ghost minatuars, it says they're worth 10exp but I got none.
?

Thonius

Arcane
What the fuck is that blackwater shit? 50 armor for doom demons.... also whoever says their archers are epic cool killers I call bullshit, everyone, and their mother got DR piercing.
My melee dudes feel like can only hit on nat 20's archer succuby got 27 attack bonus, miss miss, reduced to 2 dmg. Meanwhile enemy almost always rolls 20's on their 6ths or so attack. The only one who deals any real damage is ember and my horse and mc if I cast true strike ( i got a feeling that arcane accuracy is broken)

Parabalus

Arcane
What the fuck is that blackwater shit? 50 armor for doom demons.... also whoever says their archers are epic cool killers I call bullshit, everyone, and their mother got DR piercing.
My melee dudes feel like can only hit on nat 20's archer succuby got 27 attack bonus, miss miss, reduced to 2 dmg. Meanwhile enemy almost always rolls 20's on their 6ths or so attack. The only one who deals any real damage is ember and my horse and mc if I cast true strike ( i got a feeling that arcane accuracy is broken)

Do you have the belt buckle?

+27 AB sounds very low for A3, try pumping that to at least 40.

Sunri

Liturgist
Just hit them with lighting they already nerfed

ArchAngel

Arcane
We are playing on Core, not Hard.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Any tips on building Staunton Vhane? I don’t even understand what he is supposed to be. What even is his feats and class, please help

Thonius

Arcane
We are playing on Core, not Hard.
Just hit them with lighting they already nerfed
Yeah, except I play on core too. Camelia and mc got shock enchantments the problem is I can't land a hit and there are not enough charges on call lightning ( I don't have shock spell's because DUH demons are immune)
I had 0 problems with grunts, salamanders were a fucking pickle but still managed. But kavanguh or whatever tipped me over.

Also how the fuck I raise lich skeleton, cant use scrolls raise dead, cant just inflicts wounds on him or channel.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Depending on what level you are at and what group composition you have available to you, you have different options. At the point I did Blackwater, I had level 6 spells available to me. I locked them down with phantasmal web+phantasmal putrefaction+sirocco, then had melees beat them down while they are proned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom