Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I have mythic spell penetration, plus the normal and greater one feats, magicians rings which adds 2DC for illusion spells and the mythic shadows that boosts it by 20% and the DC for nenio’s phantasmal web and killer are about 25, enemies have+18-20 normally to save.
There's something wrong here... my Nenio isn't specced for illusion spells and yet her Phantasmal Web save is 31: 10 + 5 (spell level) + 9 (Intelligence) + 1 (spell focus) + 2 (Magician's Ring) + 2 (Quarterstaff of the War Mage) + 2 (Glass Amulet of Clarity). It can go up to 33 if I use Heighten Spell with a 7th level slot.

On core enemies also normally don't have +20 to saves, so maybe turn down the difficulty. And even with a +20, with Evil Eye and Dirge of Doom, enemies will fail their save most of the times, especially if you add Persistent Spell.
I don’t any amulet of clarity and war mage staff doesn’t stack with magicians ring. DC is 26 (all the things I mentioned before) and as I said they have +18-20 on saves. I don’t know what crack your smoking but nenio is useless besides having greater heroism and being able to summon elementals for temporary damage sponges.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum

Delterius

Arcane
I have mythic spell penetration, plus the normal and greater one feats, magicians rings which adds 2DC for illusion spells and the mythic shadows that boosts it by 20% and the DC for nenio’s phantasmal web and killer are about 25, enemies have+18-20 normally to save.
There's something wrong here... my Nenio isn't specced for illusion spells and yet her Phantasmal Web save is 31: 10 + 5 (spell level) + 9 (Intelligence) + 1 (spell focus) + 2 (Magician's Ring) + 2 (Quarterstaff of the War Mage) + 2 (Glass Amulet of Clarity). It can go up to 33 if I use Heighten Spell with a 7th level slot.

On core enemies also normally don't have +20 to saves, so maybe turn down the difficulty. And even with a +20, with Evil Eye and Dirge of Doom, enemies will fail their save most of the times, especially if you add Persistent Spell.
I don’t any amulet of clarity and war mage staff doesn’t stack with magicians ring. DC is 26 (all the things I mentioned before) and as I said they have +18-20 on saves. I don’t know what crack your smoking but nenio is useless besides having greater heroism and being able to summon elementals for temporary damage sponges.
the only way this can be solved is by desiderian screenshots of nenio's DC

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I suppose I could respect and get a metamagic feat but it’s only 1 and next feat is level 14 I think. Also how are you getting ember’s hexes to work, her DC is fucking 22 and there aren’t any feats I found to boost hexes, how do you even hex anything?

Stoned Ape

Savant
Any tips on building Staunton Vhane? I don’t even understand what he is supposed to be. What even is his feats and class, please help

I've not used him, but if you can build him from 10th level I'd pick up 5 levels of fighter (maybe mutation warrior if that works on undead). I'd grab weapon training polearms, weapon finesse, fighter's finesse from weapon training, then mythic finesse. At least that way he can get Dex to hit and damage with glaives and can wear the weapon training gloves.

Last 5 levels, probably stick to Warpriest to build up his spellbook. He'll lose out on 6th level spells doing that but be more of a threat in combat.

Parabalus

Arcane
I suppose I could respect and get a metamagic feat but it’s only 1 and next feat is level 14 I think. Also how are you getting ember’s hexes to work, her DC is fucking 22 and there aren’t any feats I found to boost hexes, how do you even hex anything?

Use it, fail DC, spam cackle.

Shaki

Arbiter

It stacks. All the +DC stacks. I have 40+ DC on enchantment spells on Nenio, around lvl 15 rn, and I think around 38 on illusion. With persistent metamagic pretty much nothing saves against my control spells on core.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

It stacks. All the +DC stacks. I have 40+ DC on enchantment spells on Nenio, around lvl 15 rn, and I think around 38 on illusion. With persistent metamagic pretty much nothing saves against my control spells on core.
It says it doesn’t stack so if it does it’s a bug.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

If you don't have the Amulet of Clarity, it means either that (a) you didn't check the vendors' inventories or (b) you checked them and you decided not to buy an item that boosts DCs by 2 so you should be immediately put in jail.

Magician's Ring and Quarterstaff of the War Mage get the "non-stacking bonus" because of the competence bonus to Use Magic Device skill checks, but their +2 to DCs stack. Try to put them on at the same time and you'll see that they stack.

And if your DC is that low, it means that either (a) you didn't improve her Intelligence at level up or (b) you didn't give her your best Int-boosting item (you should have a +6 by now, but you can also use the profane +2 from Draven's Hat plus a Fox's Cunning).

These are my DCs for a standard and a 7th level Phantasmal Web, on a Nenio specialized in Conjuration/Evocation and not Illusion:

Screenshot-13.png
Screenshot-14.png
And, as I said, with DC 31, you can easily beat a +20 save thanks to Evil Eye and Dirge of Doom, especially if you use Persistent Spell. If you throw in also Archon's Aura (that you should have active on as many characters as possible to force multiple saves), it's another -2.

Smaug, you don't care about Ember's Hex DC, because Evil Eye affects the enemy regardless of the result of his saving throw. You start the combat with Evil Eye (saving throws) + Cackle, then the next turn you use Evil Eye (armor class) and Cackle again, so from that point the enemy has -4 to AC and saves as long as you keep cackling.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

You sure it's not referring to the +UMD on the rings?

Shaki

Arbiter

It says doesn't stack, because both items have + UMD, and that's the part that doesn't stack. DC bonus stacks.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah the "non stacking bonus" alert doesn't necessarily mean all the bonuses on the item don't stack, it often just means part of it doesn't.

volklore

Arcane

It says doesn't stack, because both items have + UMD, and that's the part that doesn't stack. DC bonus stacks.
Yes but same sources don't stack (two items of the same name). I got 2 magician's ring from chapter two but they do not stack to +4 illusion DC sadly.

On another note, it seems you can't pick favorite metamagic persistent... Reeeee game!

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't know what you are talking about here, I used Wail of Banshee for first time yesterday in Dragon Cave, 5 out of 6 Spiders died instantly. +1 to DC from Cruomancer and +1 to DC for death spells from book helped. Also having Mythic Skill Focus into Necro spells. And necro spells don't have a bunch of OP items for DC so far.

ArchAngel

Arcane
what this game needs is the shadow enchantment and shadow necromancy lines of spells so i can fuck around with a wizard who uses fake quasi magic exclusively
Get Metamagic and you can have them on most spell levels.

Delterius

Arcane
what this game needs is the shadow enchantment and shadow necromancy lines of spells so i can fuck around with a wizard who uses fake quasi magic exclusively
Get Metamagic and you can have them on most spell levels.
shadow conjuration and shadow evocation, but i wanna cast shadow hideous laughter (dark comedy) and shadow animate dead (spookiest skeleton) too

shadows all the way down

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

If you don't have the Amulet of Clarity, it means either that (a) you didn't check the vendors' inventories or (b) you checked them and you decided not to buy an item that boosts DCs by 2 so you should be immediately put in jail.

Magician's Ring and Quarterstaff of the War Mage get the "non-stacking bonus" because of the competence bonus to Use Magic Device skill checks, but their +2 to DCs stack. Try to put them on at the same time and you'll see that they stack.

And if your DC is that low, it means that either (a) you didn't improve her Intelligence at level up or (b) you didn't give her your best Int-boosting item (you should have a +6 by now, but you can also use the profane +2 from Draven's Hat plus a Fox's Cunning).

These are my DCs for a standard and a 7th level Phantasmal Web, on a Nenio specialized in Conjuration/Evocation and not Illusion:

Screenshot-13.png
Screenshot-14.png
And, as I said, with DC 31, you can easily beat a +20 save thanks to Evil Eye and Dirge of Doom, especially if you use Persistent Spell. If you throw in also Archon's Aura (that you should have active on as many characters as possible to force multiple saves), it's another -2.

Smaug, you don't care about Ember's Hex DC, because Evil Eye affects the enemy regardless of the result of his saving throw. You start the combat with Evil Eye (saving throws) + Cackle, then the next turn you use Evil Eye (armor class) and Cackle again, so from that point the enemy has -4 to AC and saves as long as you keep cackling.
So every other hex besides evil eye and cackle are worthless? ‘k

Shaki

Arbiter
Btw, fun fact time: idk if they fixed it yet, but last time I tested it, Expanded Arsenal mythic was broken, and would let you pump DC to insane levels, since it gives you bonuses from all other schools you gave feats in, as long as you don't have that feat in the school you choose with Expanded Arsenal.

Eg.

School focus: Conjuration +1
Greater school focus: Conjuration +1
Mythic focus: Conjuration +2

= +4 to DC for Conjuration

Same feats for Evocation

= +4 DC for Evocation

Now when you apply Expanded Arsenal: Enchantment, you get +8 to Enchantment DC, because you get bonuses from both Conjuration and Evocation applied to it. But it works only if you don't have SF/GSF in Enchantment, otherwise they replace the bonuses you would get from Expanded Arsenal and you end up with actually lower DC than when not having these feats.

Delterius

Arcane
Btw, fun fact time: idk if they fixed it yet, but last time I tested it, Expanded Arsenal mythic was broken, and would let you pump DC to insane levels, since it gives you bonuses from all other schools you gave feats in, as long as you don't have that feat in the school you choose with Expanded Arsenal.
Something else that is less likely to be unintended is that Expanded Arsenal counts Arcane Bloodline's +2 to DCs as a school focus feat. And you can grab another +2 from being a Sage Sorcerer with second bloodline: Arcane.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Screenshot-13.png
Screenshot-14.png

So every other hex besides evil eye and cackle are worthless? ‘k
Luck is awesome and so is Protective barrier. Game lacks good Greater Hexes, but there should be some decent Grand Hexes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom