Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WotC: "seven or eight" D&D video games are coming over the next few years

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well since WotC head Cocks will level up to the CEO of the entire Hasbro late this month, some Xbox exec from Microsoft will assume the head of WotC: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220202005897/en/

Hasbro Appoints New Leadership for Wizards of the Coast
Cynthia Williams Joins from Microsoft to Lead Wizards of the Coast and Digital Gaming Business

Tim Fields Joins from Kabam as Senior Vice President and General Manager of Digital Gaming

More and more investment to digital gaming.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
She seems to be a finance / business person, not a creative / "gamer" type.

FriendlyMerchant

marlon-wayans_DD.jpg
They really screwed up the ears on that Drow male.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Now it's at least one game per year starting in 2023: https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-.../hasbro-has-q4-2021-earnings-call-transcript/

And then we also had Magic: The Gathering Online, which is our older or our original trading -- digital trading card game that we've converted to a license model as opposed to an owned and operating model. And that will be operated by our partners at Daybreak Studios. So, those two could create some headwinds that Arena and continued growth in our digital RPG business will continue to work against. Longer term, we expect to have a new release, at least one every year starting in 2023 through the foreseeable future.

Our 2023 release will likely be in the back half of the year. And then we'll be sharing more details on what those future releases are, likely in the second half of 2022.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So there will be Nintendo Direct-like announcement show literally named D&D Direct (April 21 at 9 AM PT).

See exclusive reveals across the world’s greatest roleplaying game, books, video games, entertainment, and more! This is one jam-packed show. Don’t miss all-new D&D announcements, starting April 21 at 9 AM PT (5 PM BST). You might even find a few a surprises.

Wonder if they will reveal games from Hidden Path and Otherside. Well in before Minsc & Boo reveal for BG3.

d1nolore

Savant
Did any of this come to fruition? I did a quick search and only found a couple of trash games and BG3 which I’m reserving judgement on. Where are the RPGs?

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I am curious....since I am curious ....

What the fuck is this shit! The music sucks, this song sounds like something from transformers. The art work is horrible what happened!???

Everything is so washed out and...woke? This is Dnd Now? Yes a couple of Jews are making a film that shall come out in 2023....I shudder to think about such a thing.

I am guessing it will have every race on Earth and women will be just as strong as men.

My ears Bleed!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So nothing on the video game front. They had no choice but to squeeze out a nothing trailer from Larian.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I don't understand the art work. My cousin is s professional artist for so many contracts I couldn't name them. I have a lot of people who are concept artist that use Program for art and it's mix of CGI etc.

What is their art work? It's so washed out. Compare that to what was done in the 90s. Good Luck Guys!

And WotC's colossal mismanagement of DnD continues, even though they once again have a massively successful edition.

Is MTG still so much of a cash cow that they can just willfully ignore all of their other IPs? Genuinely asking because I just don't pay that much attention anymore.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Uh... partner reveals?

what?

16 black & brown writers? Uh... and that matters why? I never think...

"OH! I do hope this writer is black or brown. I'm just tired of white male writers. Its sooooo colonial. Let's ride the rainbow horned pegacorn of the future."

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom