Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Trashos

Arcane
I was just thinking that the one thing I'd change is the freeze chance. Imo, it should be 75%-80%. I didn't see 60% last playthrough, I only took it to ~50% with very good materials, but I don't remember the details. I will pay more attention this time. I believe at 60% it is still low (although certainly much better than 50%). At 60% you have ~15% chance to not freeze anyone within 2 shots, ie strategically you will have to plan around freezing someone every 3 shots. That's a lot of AP for a freeze (and I am talking about endgame pistols).

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Tigranes, are you using the cryoliquid pistol at all? I am guessing that you will not be using it now that you have Cryostasis, but have you ever found any legit use for it?

The freeze effect is nice, but at 50% probability it may take half a turn to freeze someone. I also found the DC labyrinth worms that have zero resistance to cold, while they are immune to acid and resistant to heat. They can be killed by fire, but I guess cold is an option if one can be bothered to carry the cryoliquid pistol in DC. Still, that's just one enemy.

I don't know, the cryoliquid pistol does not look competitive to me. Unless I am missing something. It should probably go full cryostasis to be competitive.

I am a big lover of acid, and usually go with it 90% of the time building everything around the goo - but this time I've been rotating all 3 types just to see.

Freeze pistols have a higher base damage rate, but you're not really multiplying that in a chem build. You can freeze enemies with the special, and it can situationally be superior to goo, especially if you aren't on Metathermics. But I am not sure it's particularly useful in general - maybe for freeze + execute as Sheepherder mentioned. At least fire has Pyromaniac to work with it and you can transition to it easily with molotovs.

But yes, part of it is the flexibility to be able to adapt to fire/cold immune enemy types, and to situations where you can't break LOS on acid. So I'd always carry all three around from now on, I think.

Trashos

Arcane
Yeah, I love acid too.
The point about Execute is interesting. I have been using Ambush, and I just realized that this has biased my view of the pistols (in favor of the incendiary one, obviously). OK then.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Question, is there a known place for high quality TiChrome Serrated Blades? I want one for my boots, but haven't found an answer to this online. I also couldn't find an answer as for what the quality of the blade improves on the boot, I'd guess the bleed proc is a static 30% and it just adds more damage to unarmed attacks.
The best place for consistent, TiChrome Blades is Leonie's shop at the entrance of the Foundry. Bleed chance is a static 30%, and the quality changes the damage. The more blades you use, the more chances you have to roll for a bleed, but you can't stack multiple bleeds off one attack I believe.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Question, is there a known place for high quality TiChrome Serrated Blades? I want one for my boots, but haven't found an answer to this online. I also couldn't find an answer as for what the quality of the blade improves on the boot, I'd guess the bleed proc is a static 30% and it just adds more damage to unarmed attacks.
The best place for consistent, TiChrome Blades is Leonie's shop at the entrance of the Foundry. Bleed chance is a static 30%, and the quality changes the damage. The more blades you use, the more chances you have to roll for a bleed, but you can't stack multiple bleeds off one attack I believe.

Thanks for the info! Ripper's Glove has 3 procs for bleed and it sometimes causes multiple bleeds with a single hit, so I'd imagine getting more blades on your gear works the same.

EDIT: I might actually be wrong on that last bit. Could've sworn I saw it happen, guess not.

EDIT 2: Ok, yeah, I've definitely had several bleed procs from the same strike happen just now.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Thanks for the info! Ripper's Glove has 3 procs for bleed and it sometimes causes multiple bleeds with a single hit, so I'd imagine getting more blades on your gear works the same.

EDIT: I might actually be wrong on that last bit. Could've sworn I saw it happen, guess not.

EDIT 2: Ok, yeah, I've definitely had several bleed procs from the same strike happen just now.
It's possible, but the Ripper's Glove is a unique glove and if you notice, it has the bleed text written three different times. It's possible more blades on your gear works the same, IDK yet. I'm currently playing a fist build and will be crafting some armor with multiple blades, so I will let you know.

damager

Arbiter
After reinstalling the game on steam my savegames are lost. Aren't they saved in steam, online? I have to admit the last time I played is years ago... but still...

My build was my baby, kinda...

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Just did the three master's fight. It was very well done, a lot more fun than the Utility Tower. Unfortunately, I instantly found the way to cheese it instead of facing them head on, but it was still really cool.

I wanted to ask, has anyone compiled any lore on the encounter? I believe the email that tells you whether or not the Three Master's have spawned versus the Utility Tower has something to do with someone breaking out of prison, right? They have a group called DomiNation? One of their lines of dialogue says something about how "We've suffered more than this"? It really was a fascinating encounter, and it reminded me of how many awesome encounters can actually be created using Underrail's engine.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Man the Jet Ski's on Ray's shop are so damn expensive. I really want a big one to put all the cool parts I found in the waterway, but there's no chance in hell I'm gonna get the money for any of them. Maybe if I put some points into Mercantile, but it's so late for that. I'm just scrounging for my third set of super steel as is.

Just did the three master's fight. It was very well done, a lot more fun than the Utility Tower. Unfortunately, I instantly found the way to cheese it instead of facing them head on, but it was still really cool.

I wanted to ask, has anyone compiled any lore on the encounter? I believe the email that tells you whether or not the Three Master's have spawned versus the Utility Tower has something to do with someone breaking out of prison, right? They have a group called DomiNation? One of their lines of dialogue says something about how "We've suffered more than this"? It really was a fascinating encounter, and it reminded me of how many awesome encounters can actually be created using Underrail's engine.
Go ask Jon the Beautiful about them. Selling information is his entire purpose.
They don't have a complex backstory though, just that they got mad when Arena shut down the team mode they were part of.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
By the way, there's no way to decode the lore thingies from the DLC if you're with the pirates, right? Internet says no, just wondering if something got added in one of the later updates.

Tigranes

Arcane
Man there's a lot of these new little areas that I haven't noticed

Have a lot of people found the Mind Cracker? I don't really think it's particularly attractive for actual use, but the area is very cool

Have a lot of people found the Mind Cracker? I don't really think it's particularly attractive for actual use, but the area is very cool
It's basically a ~120 quality tichrome hammer with anti psi effects. Even if you don't care about the psi that's still pretty useful considering how early you can get it. As long as you can deal with the beetle party to get it, at least.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron

Yeah I found out. Nearly had a stroke trying to find my way back out with all the fucking beetles that were there on Dominating, and my low level character.

There are a lot of new areas like you said that are flying under the radar that are really interesting and make the game feel much more alive than I remember. I'm sure you know all about the Lost Vault, but I had a really good time going through that as well, as I had missed it in my other playthroughs recently. And Utility Station 6 was a great update as well.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
And yeah, I made a new character and had to restart the game 4 times now because I kept messing up my build, the random areas are really neat. The randomized loot is something I'm not usually a fan of in story based RPGs, but I think it suits this game well.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Do damage types factor into monster resistances in any significant way? I.e. is X monster weak to Y damage? I've never seen this kind of info displayed anywhere

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Do damage types factor into monster resistances in any significant way? I.e. is X monster weak to Y damage? I've never seen this kind of info displayed anywhere
Different enemies have different resistances, whether that's due to thick hide or armor that a human enemy put on, or any other factors. I can't remember if there are any enemies that are specifically weak to certain damage types (like a +50% damage modifier if you use fire/acid) but there are certainly enemies that are more resistant to certain types of damage versus others.

Trashos

Arcane

Yes! In fact, one of the neatest things of my chem pistol playthrough was that I could always target the enemy's weakest resistance. But other builds can do it to some extend too with the right grenade, energy or electricity pistols/components on melee weapons etc.

the random areas are really neat. The randomized loot is something I'm not usually a fan of in story based RPGs, but I think it suits this game well.

I hate the random areas! :decline:

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
Hmm... I am playing the latest version (1.1.4.5) and Quinton is now buying special bolts. Either I had missed this for some reason or it is new. Good news, at any rate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom