Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Well, could be good, could be bad.

I actually found the English voice acting for 4's cast way better than the Japanese one, 4A's however was worse than the Japanese one.

Sentinel

Arcane
Kunitsu Take-Minakata: A god of military matters in Japanese mythology. He also has traits of a hunting god and a god of fertility. He was in a dispute over the "kuni-yuzuri" with Take-Mikazuchi and lost to him. He fled to Shinano Province, where he was cornered, and was forbidden from leaving the Suwa region from then on.

Sentinel

Arcane
Avian Zhuque: One of the Si Shengshou [TN: Chinese equivalent of 四聖獣 (Shi Seijuu), written in Chinese as 四聖獸, meaning "Four Holy Beasts"] frequently mentioned in Chinese myth and thought. It governs the direction of South, the season of Summer, and Wuxing of Fire. It is a large bird resembling a quail and chirps in five beautiful voices.

lightbane

Arcane
The protagonist is voiced by an actual tranny in english.
Source? The protagonist rarely speaks to begin with, I'm surprised they bother with a voice actor instead of having an intern or someone of the other voice actors do it. Unless you meant the latter.

Also, someone here really hates this game.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm not obsessed with random people's sex lives, so I couldn't give less of a shit about what the voice actor's into.

The quality of the dubs, though... they are letting everyone switch VAs freely, right?

Sentinel

Arcane
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
i want to sleep an entire month, haven't feel like this since MGS V released, i hate feeling hype because it makes disappointment hurt that much more.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The protagonist is voiced by an actual tranny in english.

People who would chose to play a a Japanese game with english voices are likely to be trannies so I guess it's catering to their audience?

It would be outrage if they wouldn't let people chose the voice language since it had been a standard feature for a decade or so. Even games that never in the past let you chose the voice actors are allowing it now. See newest Devil May Cry.

i want to sleep an entire month, haven't feel like this since MGS V released, i hate feeling hype because it makes disappointment hurt that much more.

Don't be disappointment when a game you've looked forward to turns out to be bad. Be outraged. That feels so much better. I'm speaking from experience since I was super-hyped for WOTR.

Sentinel

Arcane
Deity Atavaka: A Buddhist Wisdom King who presides over battle and protection of the nation. Also called "Taigensui Myo-o," he is the leader of the Wisdom Kings. When the Buddha passed away, he gathered the Wisdom Kings, the Heavenly Kings, and other fierce gods, and made a vow to guard the teachings of Buddhism and to protect people.

Sentinel

Arcane
Fairy Oberon: The king of fairies. He presides over all of the rites that occur among fairies. He is elderly, but his growth stopped at what it was when he was a boy because of a spell he received when he was young.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Some early game spoilers are floating around in the comment sections of the new SMT5 videos on YouTube. Be sure to avoid them if possible.

Also, TGS 23 min video:

Best to watch it here. Video might contain spoilers as well for those do want to go in blind regarding how the early overworld looks like (eg. map data).

FAdzeobWEBEFcvu

FAdzeoZXoBIfbQz

New demon is Red Riding Hood... I bet there will be quest with her and that werewolf guy from before.

Anonona

Learned
New demon is Red Riding Hood

I think she could be Eris, the greek goddess of chaos. She is usually depicted with a golden apple. As for the reason to make her look like Red Riding Hood, probably as you said, because of the werewolf guy. I think the headdress she is wearing may be similar to those use in Greek dresses, but a very liberal interpretation of the same.

Crete_Candia_Greek_Woman.JPG

Of course, I may be overthinking it and she is just Red Riding Hood.

Sentinel

Arcane
Wait, that dragon thing was actually a new SMT demon? Jesus Christ, I thought the guy who posted it before actually posted a pokemon/digimon in the wrong thread or something.

Puukko

Arcane
Yeah I have no idea what its deal is. The fox from IVA wasn't any better, but at the very least it started off as a mascot companion.

lightbane

Arcane
They put a tranny as a voice-actor... For a character that doesn't speak? At least it's not an important one. Plus I'll prefer to use glorious japanese, of course... Once I'm sure there's an emulator it can run this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom