Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not realistic, her right boob would need to be cut off so she can still continue being the best killer in the game.
She is usually specced for dual wielding, so cut off either both breasts or none.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I thought about Stanton, with his experience he is absolutely OP, even beating out Regil, but can you redeem him in a way that makes sure he does not fall for the next demon in a chainmail bikini again?
Well, given that he is earnestly regretful about it, I doubt that he'd fall for demonic trickery again. He'd certainly be much more cautious than your other companions about it.

Goddamnit, now I need to play the game three times. I like Staunton, but Aeon has a hard time going for the secret ending I want for my second run. That or I trust in Owlcats spaghetti code and try to do renegade aeon with ascension ending.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ok, this is for all Wenduag simps straight from nexus mods -

151-1632743511-652975348.png
Not realistic, her right boob would need to be cut off so she can still continue being the best killer in the game.

She's ded. Sorry, i'm not like her or camellia so i don't fuck with corpses.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What about eating corpses, though? Like, fish corpses? Cow corpses? Chicken corpses?..

I would like to make a hunting competition between Wenduag and Camellia with the prize of well done Ember.

ArchAngel

Arcane
She is usually specced for dual wielding, so cut off either both breasts or none.
Why would you reduce her DPS by half?! And reduce both her boobs to nothing. They would both be in the way if she was trying to do a two weapon dance in melee range.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Why would you reduce her DPS by half?! And reduce both her boobs to nothing. They would both be in the way if she was trying to do a two weapon dance in melee range.

You yeet the axes, dual wielding throwing axe slayer is probably the optimal build on her. Full BAB and sneak attacks, and it does not waste her early feats.
I specced her into slayer (with freebooter splash for bond) now and she suddenly became the strongest member of my team.
Bows can go to a traditional ranger with aspect of the falcon and stormbow.

I'm finishing companion quests and some of them are great. Not sure if I'm more impressed by Regil's brand of autism or the bullshit Ember pulls at the end. Best cRPG companions I've seen in a long time.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Mh, let's see:

Screenshot-24.png

Yes, I think I'm going to be able to beat this army, let's go:

Screenshot-25.png

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK
There were 2 armies overlapping on the same world map spot. Also, you can absolutely beat that army, with 0 losses too. Fireball on the 750 stack of spearsmen, move the Hellknights between the 2 Archers stacks so that the archers cannot shoot, then focus fire down those horsemen up top. Thats half the fight already resolved.

I cleared the entire map (that fight included) with this guy here.
6TAyzb5.png

0 Casualties along the way.

Last edited:

Rafidur

Learned
I just keep telling him is pathetic and such so he is avoiding me like a plague. When I become a full Lich I will hopefully get to sacrifice him to Urgathoa.

You can only sacrifice people you are CURRENTLY BONING RIGHT AT THE MOMENT of the ritual. Otherwise you just tell the lich "ain't got time for bitchez", he approves, and you proceed

Full BAB and sneak attacks

Annoyingly flanking sneaks don't seem to work on ranged attacks, I had to greater invis my sneaking thrower (takes a valuable slot at low levels, and it doesn't work on some enemies).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why does everyone prefer to take Wenduag's and Lann's declarations at face value? Because you expect low effort by the writers? Then you deserve to have shitty writing.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There were 2 armies overlapping on the same world map spot.
I know, I waited and attacked the weaker army the next day.

Also, you can absolutely beat that army, with 0 losses too. Fireball on the 750 stack of spearsmen, move the Hellknights between the 2 Archers stacks so that the archers cannot shoot, then focus fire down those horsemen up top. Thats half the fight already resolved.
Sadly, that's not possible. The only cavalry unit to move before the archers is the mounted scouts stack and, if I use it to go in melee with their archers, their stack of 750 knights kills my entire marksmen stack, already filling up the infirmary. If I use my mounted scouts to block their knights, their archers wreck my army. I haven't find a way to deal with it yet. I guess I can do this if I luck out with both the Fireball AND the marksmen's morale, killing all their archers in a single turn.

Daidre

Arcane

You yeet the axes, dual wielding throwing axe slayer is probably the optimal build on her. Full BAB and sneak attacks, and it does not waste her early feats.
I specced her into slayer (with freebooter splash for bond) now and she suddenly became the strongest member of my team.

Yeah, I was scratching my head for some time about all those good throwing axes everywhere and now my conclusion is that Wenduag's build was planned to go this way, with some sneak dice on all those numerous dual-wielding attacks.

But Zen Archer is nothing to sneeze at too. Extra full BAB attack at levels 1 & 11 from flurry + Normal Iterative do a lot, and dipping 4 lvl into Rogues had always served me well on all types of monks. He also applies his unarmed damage dices to bows so his shortbow starts to hit for 2d6 pretty earlier and this stack with Enlarge Person gloriously (and Zen Archer's WIS for attack roll fixes DEX penalty from the size increase).

So I think devs ideas on ranged weapons were:
- Lann, shortbow
- Arusha, longbow
- Wenduag, dual wielding throwing axes (darts, javelins?)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also regarding Lann in endgame (for next playthrough):

Is there any way to let him pull off his "plan" on the final companion quest and not get killed? It seemed like the only way to prevent the retard getting butchered was to distrust him and confront the demon with him.

He then gets all pissy with you for not trusting him.

Sharpedge

Prophet
There were 2 armies overlapping on the same world map spot.
I know, I waited and attacked the weaker army the next day.

Also, you can absolutely beat that army, with 0 losses too. Fireball on the 750 stack of spearsmen, move the Hellknights between the 2 Archers stacks so that the archers cannot shoot, then focus fire down those horsemen up top. Thats half the fight already resolved.
Sadly, that's not possible. The only cavalry unit to move before the archers is the mounted scouts stack and, if I use it to go in melee with their archers, their stack of 750 knights kills my entire marksmen stack, already filling up the infirmary. If I use my mounted scouts to block their knights, their archers wreck my army. I haven't find a way to deal with it yet. I guess I can do this if I luck out with both the Fireball AND the marksmen's morale, killing all their archers in a single turn.
You let their archers have 1 turn where they can shoot. That was why I specified Hellknights and not the mounted scouts. The army I did that fight with only had 3 units and the Hellknights did not go before their archers. I did however have the cold nuke rather than fireball, which reduces the movement speed of their cavalry units so it couldn't reach my units, but you have the option of body blocking with the mounted scouts. Its definitely a winnable fight however.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron

Yeah, I was scratching my head for some time about all those good throwing axes everywhere and now my conclusion is that Wenduag's build was planned to go this way, with some sneak dice on all those numerous dual-wielding attacks.

But Zen Archer is nothing to sneeze at too. Extra full BAB attack at levels 1 & 11 from flurry + Normal Iterative is a lot, and dipping 4 lvl into Rogues had always served me well on all types of monks. He also applies his unarmed damage dices to bows so his shortbow starts to hit for 2d6 pretty earlier and this stack with Enlarge Person gloriously (and Zen Archer's WIS for attack roll fixes DEX penalty from the size increase).

I think devs ideas on ranged weapons were:
- Lann, shortbow
- Arusha, longbow
- Wenduag, dual wielding throwing axes (darts, javelins?)

Fairly sure they want Wenduag with Javelin in main hand and axe in offhand. You get shat up with excellently enchanted versions of both, and axes are light for the offhand.
I like the ranged loot distribution in this game, gives you a lot of flexibility no matter who and what you pick. Compare that to Kingmaker where the entirety of the ranged loot progression was stealing devourer of metal from Ekundayo and then later upgrading to a +5 bow before House at the Edge of Time.

Sunri

Liturgist
Also regarding Lann in endgame (for next playthrough):

Is there any way to let him pull off his "plan" on the final companion quest and not get killed? It seemed like the only way to prevent the retard getting butchered was to distrust him and confront the demon with him.

He then gets all pissy with you for not trusting him.
Yes i allowed him to go solo he freed his fellow mongrels and fucked him up

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
You let their archers have 1 turn where they can shoot. That was why I specified Hellknights and not the mounted scouts. The army I did that fight with only had 3 units and the Hellknights did not go before their archers. I did however have the cold nuke rather than fireball, which reduces the movement speed of their cavalry units so it couldn't reach my units, but you have the option of body blocking with the mounted scouts. Its definitely a winnable fight however.
It is winnable, but I haven't found a way to do it without losses. A single round of attacks from the archers (even after the fireball) + the stack of 750 knights is enough to fill up my infirmary. Luckily, I'm in no hurry to defeat it.

Now I have to choose a cavalry unit between Paladins, Cuirassiers, Hedge Knights, and Light Cavalry, and I honestly have no idea what to base my decision on. The game is really bad at conveying information about the various available units, and I really don't know why should i pick one over the others. The Hedge Knights seem to be fairly balanced, while the Cuirassiers have high AC and HP but low damage... is there a unit which is clearly superior to the others?

I think I'm going to go with Hedge Knights. After all, Greybor is the only person I trust in my council.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
It is winnable, but I haven't found a way to do it without losses. A single round of attacks from the archers (even after the fireball) + the stack of 750 knights is enough to fill up my infirmary. Luckily, I'm in no hurry to defeat it.
I did this fight without any losses by removing everyone but shield bearers and hedge knights from my army and blasting enemies to ash while ressing shielders from time to time.

It is also the same fight where I've found out that Trickster Mass Hideous Laughter world map spell is
a) Amazing
b) Breaks AI and hangs the game
:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom