Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline WORLD'S GREATEST GENERIC RPG BLOBBER ENGINE : "VAULT OF TERROR"

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I hope one of the pets is a turtle.
A turtle that can eventually be upgraded into a rideable giant turtle.

kA3m1cp.png

Which can be further upgraded into a flyable giant turtle.

w7YXUR7.gif

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Supply shop in one of the towns. Been playing original Wizardry in emulator to try to copy the same mechanics for towns. Towns also feature guilds to teach skills and magic casting as well as taverns to recruit party members. These parts of the engines already tested, just wrapping a UI around the API.

This time around I am going to keep the play mechanics so simple that the usual SJWs will have no options left except to admit the reason they have trouble playing the game is that they are severely mentally retarded.

VOTShop.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I hope one of the pets is a turtle.
A turtle that can eventually be upgraded into a rideable giant turtle.

kA3m1cp.png

Which can be further upgraded into a flyable giant turtle.

w7YXUR7.gif

Okay, I can see now that the two slots reserved for summoned creatures should be able to hold a turtle which can be used to cross bodies of water without swimming.

Rideable turtle has gone into basic features specification. In future it will be mandatory in all blobber genres. Prehistoric Turtle in Time Travel Lost World RPG. Tentacle turtle-thing in Lovecraft RPG. Turtle wagon cart in mental patient RPG.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Cleve, you are truly a hero for our times.

:hero::ibelieveincleve:

I am genuinely excited about this. I could care less if I barely sell any copies, the thought of eking out a living making tons of blobbers one after another with cool narratives and old skool gameplay is my idea of heaven on earth. I'd rather go for volume this time rather than take 25 years on each one. 3 months for the average blobber is more like it. The more refined the engine gets the easier it will be to focus on the data instead of the code.

This is the dinosaur pack I got off the asset store for the Lost world RPG, I can barely wait to get to work on it ...

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/2d/gui/icons/nature-dinosaur-pack-198734

... got finish Vault of Terror as the first entry in the series, then will flip a coin whether it is POST-ATOMIC or the Lost World. Might make the Lost World a bit Steampunk.

Viata

Arcane
Keep doing it, Cleve. I'll keep buying your games. Grimoire was worth both my money and all the time I spent playing it, so I'm sure your new games will be as good as them.

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Can't wait to check out Vault of Terror, and hoping the coin lands on Post-Atomic.

The steampunk is scaring me though, all I can see now when I read or hear that is the hat your guy is wearing in Voyage to Arcturus. Even Arcanum has been permanently harmed for me.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Can't wait to check out Vault of Terror, and hoping the coin lands on Post-Atomic.

The steampunk is scaring me though, all I can see now when I read or hear that is the hat your guy is wearing in Voyage to Arcturus. Even Arcanum has been permanently harmed for me.

Phil Moore ruined Steampunk for planet earth. You are right. The stain will never wash off the genre now.

(See anime STEAMBOY though, it's pretty good. I watched it last night and it is pretty awesome)

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey guys. :) I have a quick Grimoire related question and i figured here would be a good place to post it. Metalsmith vs. Warrior. What are the real advantages to having a Metalsmith? They can forge? What can they forge exactly? No spoilers please, but maybe in general terms. If I go from Metalsmith to Warrior, will i still be able to forge stuff later? Is Warrior a good move to make from Metalsmith? Thanks guys!

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
View attachment 21016
It's coming together. Trying to keep it short, simple and fun. This is the very basic global map. These maps will only become accessible as certain clues are uncovered, keys found, etc.

These are all the faux 3D games I wrote for the C-64 with a narrative that ties them all together for this story.

Working on the town interactions, very similar to original Wizardry.

warpig finally made it into a game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom