Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Puukko

Arcane
I own the collection on GMG and their new client is so shit it makes Epic look like the pinnacle of client software. I didn't know it was possible to publicly release something that fails at its most basic job, that is downloading games. Had to loan a copy from the Poles because I'm not buying the games twice.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
5 years from now gog will rebrand itself, picking up and fixing games that will disappear from steam due to always online severs and/or music

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
5 years from now gog will rebrand itself, picking up and fixing games that will disappear from steam due to always online severs and/or music

5 years from now Galaxy will be a hard requirement for all of GOG's catalogue.

Thus providing casus belli for the codex legion to annex Poland.
Isn't that an old RPG magazine?

What's up with HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition? I see a lot of complaints. I assume it is because of:

"Please note: Internet connection is required to access Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts. Story and bonus missions can be played offline."

I'd have to inquire if that means downloading
Targets and contracts or it actually means ONLINE to play those. :/

Last edited:

Syl

Cipher
What's up with HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition? I see a lot of complaints. I assume it is because of:

"Please note: Internet connection is required to access Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts. Story and bonus missions can be played offline."

I'd have to inquire if that means downloading
Targets and contracts or it actually means ONLINE to play those. :/
A mod moved the discussion about that here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...line-only-features-gets-review-bombed.140281/

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
There are times I think gog and steam are digging through abandonware sites and seeing what they can acquire to resell (like Elvira there). Pretty sure I snagged blood omen a few years ago on one of the abandonware sites.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So your post was just to people urge to buy them, but not play?
thinking.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Pretty much.
I know some people liked that stuff, but I found Elvira to be frustrating.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom