Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Astria Ascending

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Astria_Ascending_Logo.png

https://astria-ascending.com/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1121780/Astria_Ascending/

Releasing on all platforms 21 September, 2021

Explore the vast and beautiful world of Orcanon

Visit five different cities populated by unique creatures and solve more than 20 dangerous dungeons. With over 50 hours of game-play and a range of fun mini-games - including shoot ‘em ups, an original fantasy-themed card game and challenging environmental puzzles.

A grand tale of fate and sacrifice

Immerse yourself in a fascinating narrative rife with betrayal, sacrifice and terrors. A story based around adult characters, Astria Ascending offers a more mature experience and extensive dialog.

A rewarding turn-based combat system

Fight over 200 different monsters in captivating, turn-based combat. Collect and summon legendary beasts into the fight and build up your power to wield legendary Cosmo Breaks.

Meet an unforgettable cast of characters

Pick from eight customizable characters spanning a range of fantastical races and skills, and assemble a heroic team that must sacrifice everything to save the world. With 20 classes to choose from and an array of unique skills to command, their fates are doomed, but the world is not.

A hand-drawn adventure crafted with skill and passion

From a team featuring developers from Final Fantasy, Nier Automata and Bravely Default, Astria Ascending includes full voice acting in Japanese and English, a traditionally animated, fully hand-drawn 2D world and a dynamic weather system.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Should be noted this was a mobile game with a completely different name and gameplay.

I just find that interesting, it's not a knock against thr game.

Zyondyne

Learned
WwDLTQ5.png

LMAO.

What a joke. Releasing a game on Steam with no m&k support considering the fact that this is a JRPG - you're basically only scrolling through menus most of the time. And I heard it's a port of a mobile game too, which makes it even more hilarious.

The pixel art looked interesting, but yeah, this is a hard pass for me, folks.

Zyondyne

Learned
Which are almost always played with a pad... I have no problems with this not supporting a keyboard, I wouldn't use it anyway.

It's not about what JRPGs are traditionally played with (JRPGs being anyway mostly released on consoles), it's about releasing a game on PC with no support for M&K. It's not some fighting game where it's almost impossible to play it otherwise due to the nature of the game. You're pointing at menu options most of the time, there's nothing a simple mouse pointer couldn't do. Probably not even that hard to implement considering the fact that this is a revamped mobile game. I honestly don't know what's there to defend here, the laziness of the developers for properly porting a game on PC, when there's simply no logical reason in this world such game couldn't be played with a mouse? Lmao. Now I don't know the intricacies of the engine they used, but if they managed to make a mobile port compatible with controllers, making it m&k compatible (or at least keyboard compatible) is definitely no rocket science, nor expensive to make. It's just that, laziness and not giving a f*ck. And pretty much a red flag for the port as a whole.

Besides, "I personally don't need it so there's no reason for this vital key feature to exist (on a PC game)" is honestly not an argument for anything.

Which are almost always played with a pad... I have no problems with this not supporting a keyboard, I wouldn't use it anyway.

There's literally no pixel art in this.

Yeah, my mistake on that one. From afar the characters looked like highly detailed sprites, but I just zoomed in and is indeed plain 2D art. It's still interesting art though.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WwDLTQ5.png

LMAO.

What a joke. Releasing a game on Steam with no m&k support considering the fact that this is a JRPG - you're basically only scrolling through menus most of the time. And I heard it's a port of a mobile game too, which makes it even more hilarious.

The pixel art looked interesting, but yeah, this is a hard pass for me, folks.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ok, that's an interesting set of thighs, she definitely hits the calves hard on leg day...

image.png

How's her face though?

image.png

Hmmmm...

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
been playing for 3 hours, so far enjoying it. My main problem is that side quests have a lot of running around for stupid shit but fast travel system is good. Random battles are quite slow speed up button would be handy.

Also I would advice to change difficulty to hard.

Think my favorite part so far is the art style. No buyers remorse yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom