Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Code of the Savage - Ultima 6/7-inspired RPG

Mortmal

Arcane
So.. Is the combat in this Ultima-like, or is it good?
Well, there's a video in the very first fucking post in this thread if you're honestly shit-stupid enough to ask this question.

Is there any way we can institute an IQ test when you sign up for this site? This shit is fucking pathetic.
Dont get angry over this, it will only get worse, after 100 pages of discussing the game gameplay and merits, reviewing pretty much everything ,there's always a guy asking "is it gud ? ". Also cant completely blame them since people massively spoil without any respect for anyone .

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Well, there's a video in the very first fucking post in this thread if you're honestly shit-stupid enough to ask this question.

Is there any way we can institute an IQ test when you sign up for this site? This shit is fucking pathetic.
It's a trailer that doesn't reveal much, that's why I'm asking for references from codexers who've been playing the demos.
Chill out, girl, it's just a forum. No need to get so hormonal about a post.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Boy that's a lot of words to say you don't know either. :lol:

LJ40

Cipher

Your parents had the same last name before they got married didn't they?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

If you don't know, nigger just say so. :lol:

LJ40

Cipher

If you don't know, nigger just say so. :lol:
If you live in a poor enough area to not be able to watch simple fucking internet videos, kill yourself.

Edit: Oh, and also if you're inbred enough to find your own inane drivel laugh-worthy, kill yourself.

mkultra

Augur
Looks cool. Which engine is this, RPGMaker (or similar) or your own?

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2106227726/code-of-the-savage-rpg/posts/3315752

Depth and bread baking

Hello all!

Firstly, a new demo version 0.472 is available for download here.

Secondly... Wishlist the game on Steam

This will be the last gameplay update in a while. After this, I'm shifting gears and focusing on story elements. A lot of these and previous gameplay changes were necessary to move forward.

Baking bread
You can now harvest wheat, grind the grains into flour, draw water from a well, add water to flour to form dough and bake bread!

In-game objects
The world is now a more interactive. Almost any small object in the game can now be moved, put into your inventory or sold etc. They also now show at correct depths and are not limited by grid placement.

Previously these objects were just static background decorations.

Due to a lack of foresight on my part when I first started this game, I had to manually realign every single one of these items in the game...

0e103e58869ff104a6a52342bf5cb9e1_original.gif

2f211207e94ed72de097b9d5e0cbabf8_original.gif

Sprite facelifts
I've given some of the very early sprites a facelift. I think you will agree that is is a big improvement. I am particularly happy with the blacksmith grindstone. I remember creating the original sprite years ago... My thought process was something like "F*** it... that will do for now..."

74e3ebf5477e65760ff8810ff1aa4dd5_original.png

I've also added a millstone for grinding wheat into flour.

06a0790f97684b4e54e1017e33665b0f_original.png

World containers
Previously, adding items to containers in the world was a giant pain in the ass. I've now developed a way to add them easily. It doesn't effect the player experience, but makes things a lot easier for me. I've added some books in the bookcase in Test Town for your reading pleasure.

Changelog
  • Developed way for world containers to store items easily
  • Fixed alignment of item slot sprites in prep for the item changes
  • Anvils had a facelift
  • Fixed tree top depth
  • Changed all deco items to movable
  • Adjusted deco items collision masks
  • Empty buckets can now be filled with water via a well
  • Filled buckets can be thrown onto NPC
  • Filled bucket can be used on flour to make dough
  • Dough can be used on oven to make bread
  • Added well bucket lowering animation
  • Removed 16x16 grid item movement limitation
  • Removed deco item 16x16 depth limitation
  • Fixed deco item flickering depth issue
  • Added surface tops to furniture to place items on top of
  • Fixed deco item depth not showing correctly when next to other items
  • Added millstones
  • Added wheat bushel
  • Wheat can now be harvested
  • Added Harvest SFX
  • Added Millstone SFX
  • Added flour pile object
  • Stepping in poop now makes a sound
  • Facelift for ovens
  • Facelift for fireplace
  • Cutscenes added to save game data
Thanks everyone for your continued support!

~Geoff

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom