Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Cromwell

Arcane
That's simply not true. For Poise to even enter the defense options equation it requires you to get hit

And people will get hit. It also looks better when you are wearing some armor that makes you look like a mountain not to dance like a ragdoll and stop attacking with your iron skyscraper because some monster gets a hit in with his wooden spoon. Not everything is about the optimal way to do something.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you know how to play Dark Souls (ie. if you know how to time the dodge button to the rhythm of enemy attacks), Poise is an irrelevant system that you don't need to worry about at all.

The point is that its just another way to play, which isnt present anymore. It doesnt matter if you think its worthless because you dont want to play that way. Fuck your balance and let me be a unmoveable object with a big club.
Being an immovable object with a big club isn't viable in any of the games except in the Four Kings fight where you cast iron flesh and just facetank him. Any other fight, you're just gimping yourself.

I'm not arguing for the removal of poise. If anything I want them to remove iframes on dodges.
They will never fix it lol

fork

lol at the ubisoft tower news.

I suspected this would probably be even more decline after Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Activision's Sekiro. But I didn't think it'd have a quest compass and ubisoft mechanic, and probably a map filling with copy-pasted POIs like every single shovelware open world game.

rofl

I'm looking forward to the Codex celebrating this shit game, haha.

RIP Fromsoft

Last edited by a moderator:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
LOOK! There's Ed123 in Elden Ring:

243490648-916435538959999-7730826442583014234-n.jpg

Can't wait to play the Codex quest where you get to help him overcome his fears and become the biggest IE voice on YouTube!

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I can't help but feel a little anti-hype towards Elden Ring, now that I finally played Bloodborne (what a game) and after Sekiro before that, I kinda wish they'd just keep exploring new settings for their horror arpgs.

Sentinel

Arcane
This game looks worse with every screenshot. Dark Souls 4.

Doesn't help that I can see 3 reused animations in the picture as well.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Sentinel

Arcane
This game looks worse with every screenshot.

Then again you're a FromSoft hater so....
I'm such a hater that I bought and enjoyed all their Miyazaki games.

I have a hard time picturing someone might enjoy a dodge-based game while complaining about "dodging avoids all damage and makes you invulnerable" but ok.
I can enjoy it 1-3 times. But Elden Ring is the 5th time they copy paste the combat system. I've played this game already. Repetition wears anyone down.

Zibniyat

Arcane
It looks pathetic. Grey and foggy, no doubt to hide the low-resolution ugly graphics considering the console-oriented developer and their games, and a desire to create vast open world which will inevitably heavily tax the primary platforms that are the consoles precisely. Just like Dark Souls.

And obligatory oversized castles in a complete disharmony with immediate surroundings, where one would think giants live there, but masses who appreciate the gigantism and "wow so big!" themes will have their brains melted by just looking at them.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I hope nobody expects jaw-dropping next-gen graphix or such. This is the Bloodborne engine again, the one that looked dated in DS3 already. No doubt it'll be pimped out but this ain't gonna be some UE5 next-gen photorealistic wizardry. FromSoft was never about them visuals, all of their games looked five years behind the curve when they came out and this will be no different.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It looks pathetic. Grey and foggy, no doubt to hide the low-resolution ugly graphics considering the console-oriented developer and their games, and a desire to create vast open world which will inevitably heavily tax the primary platforms that are the consoles precisely. Just like Dark Souls.

And obligatory oversized castles in a complete disharmony with immediate surroundings, where one would think giants live there, but masses who appreciate the gigantism and "wow so big!" themes will have their brains melted by just looking at them.
You're such a hateful prick.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I hope nobody expects jaw-dropping next-gen graphix or such. This is the Bloodborne engine again, the one that looked dated in DS3 already. No doubt it'll be pimped out but this ain't gonna be some UE5 next-gen photorealistic wizardry. FromSoft was never about them visuals, all of their games looked five years behind the curve when they came out and this will be no different.
Froms always delivers jaw-dropping graphics and that doesn't need to be the most faithful to real world.

Zibniyat

Arcane

Yes. But that is not an argument.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Froms always delivers jaw-dropping graphics

Artistically, sure. I'm talking about engine tech tho, clearly.

Nathir

Liturgist

He watches anime. Ignore him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom