Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Weren't Owlcat hiring for some unnamed Sci-fi project awhile back.

I want to go on a Wuxia Roadtrip with a cabal of Kitsune bitches as much as the next guy, but It's gonna be Starfinder.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I doubt it’s the public. Owlcat are munchkins who love the mess of high level D&D.
You are right, but you know what - the devs being munchkins is actually ensures they will make the game worth playing in this subgenre. If you can beat this, you can very much skip flaccid design games like PoE, and turn difficulty in the IE games to the max.
It’s not worth playing at higher levels, this includes the IE games, don’t know about POE.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So how do we collectively convince owlcat not to put in a minigame/ management system in their next game.
You will not.

Kingdom management in Kingmaker granted me the best vignette: the quests for Mim Wobblegander. And you will not have her without Kingdom management, because she is an artisan.

I am sure the crusade mode in Wrath will grant me something else. If only for being Heroes of Might and Magic spin-off.

Acrux

Arcane
I doubt it’s the public. Owlcat are munchkins who love the mess of high level D&D.
You are right, but you know what - the devs being munchkins is actually ensures they will make the game worth playing in this subgenre. If you can beat this, you can very much skip flaccid design games like PoE, and turn difficulty in the IE games to the max.
It’s not worth playing at higher levels, this includes the IE games, don’t know about POE.

I've wanted someone to do an E6 or P6 game for years.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Is there a way to disable the slow overland travel ? I prefer a simple Baldurs Gate like travel system, where you click and it loads. The encounters could still be calculated in the background without having to watch your party traveling at a snails pace.
The current trave system also slows down the army management part massively. I think most of the time is either spent on loading screens or watching the figurines move. It was nice to watch for the first hour or so but now its just tedium that I'd like to skip entirely. At this point I'd even prefer a linear story if it meant less loading screens and more direct adventuring, without annoying disturbances like army management or kingdom management as in the first game. I'd welcome it if the next title or module came without any gimmicks and with a stronger focus on the core gameplay without interruptions.

Reinhardt

Arcane
German who don't like to watch armies moving over map. Shamefur dispray. I dunno... Imagine it's map of Poland or something.

Vatnik Wumao

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This game was made by Russians. It probably IS a map of Poland.
I am sorry, but I'm tempted to remind you of the Operation Husky.
the reason mendev is failing is because its ukraine without the support of mother russia (which is iobaria, ie dead by plague)
The universal vatnik's truth is that WE are the demons, devils, bad guys - and we are proud of it. And we would have won WW-2 without US. Or, we would have made peace with Germany, and curse to the allies.

You are out of touch in this regard.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Weren't Owlcat hiring for some unnamed Sci-fi project awhile back.

I'm praying for Iron Gods. Starfinder lacks full casters.

IT IS dungeons and kobolds. Just your dagger is +18 and kobolds have 280 AC.

I disagree. You investigate a dracolich cult and go kill everyone inside in a side quest in chapter 2. It can't work in a low level campaign. Unless you re write the campaign to have weaker enemies...

Anyway, my favorite spells in Pathfinder are teir 4~7 spells. The tier 9 spells which I like the most are ... AoE versions of mid tier spells. Eg - Ice prison, mass(just a mass version of Ice Prison) and wail of the banshee, a AoE Finger of Death. The others, I only use tsunami when against enemies with high SR. In Wrath of the righteous, my most used spell was negative eruption which is a AoE HARM(tier 6).

Delterius

Arcane
This game was made by Russians. It probably IS a map of Poland.
I am sorry, but I'm tempted to remind you of the Operation Husky.
the reason mendev is failing is because its ukraine without the support of mother russia (which is iobaria, ie dead by plague)
What real life counterpart, if any, is Cheliax supposed to have?
if varisia is romania and andoran is america then cheliax is yugoslavia, certainly

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
So I finally finished that thing.

I would say I had finished on Core but that would be a Lie. I had to lower the difficulty at the last location, since after dying 30 times or so I could not be arsed to continue trying.
I am not sure what changed, I could roflstomp every encounter up to that point as a Lich, dead companions did not matter in the least due to "restore Undead". So i never had to rest, I never got exhausted and killed nearly everything with the Tier 9 AoE and the Grandmaster Rod. (and if anything remained there was still enough firepower to nuke basically everything)

The threshold was unbeatable for me though, I have no clue how to manage it. You can't rest for some reason and I managed to beat all enemy groups up to the last while using up *all* my available spells.
I simply had no options left.

Whatever, so I just went full cheat mode and went Story and still died in the first encounter at the first try, so just WTF. In the end I managed but damn was that location a Pain in the ass.

I enjoyed the game a lot though, loved how inhumane you can become on the Lich path as you can become really a blight to anything living. Getting a lot of Undead Companions from former allies and foes is pretty cool. I am not sure however why there are basically two randoms (The priestess and the Warrior) when you have other options, like nurah who could easily fit into the story as a forced undead.

I hated that there seems to be a true ending just like with KM, that kind of defeats the purpose.
Crusade mechanics were rather meh, it was servicable I guess and I like the political aspects of the management just like i did with KM. The whole card based aspect is still boring as shit, the actual battles are way to easy as a Lich as soon as you get Skeleton sharpshooters (in addition to the marksmen) and the "get free units every 15 Days" Skill, which you can exploit by splitting your army to only sharpshooters or marksmen.

In Conclusion I really liked the game and started a new game for a Aeon -> Legend path.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Is there a way to disable the slow overland travel ? I prefer a simple Baldurs Gate like travel system, where you click and it loads. The encounters could still be calculated in the background without having to watch your party traveling at a snails pace.
The current trave system also slows down the army management part massively. I think most of the time is either spent on loading screens or watching the figurines move. It was nice to watch for the first hour or so but now its just tedium that I'd like to skip entirely. At this point I'd even prefer a linear story if it meant less loading screens and more direct adventuring, without annoying disturbances like army management or kingdom management as in the first game. I'd welcome it if the next title or module came without any gimmicks and with a stronger focus on the core gameplay without interruptions.

ToyBox mod (which requires UMM) has a setting for travel speed. It doesn't reduce the game time used for the travel, but speeds up the animation speed.

Vatnik Wumao
I hated that there seems to be a true ending just like with KM, that kind of defeats the purpose.
Well, to be fair, that true ending is just another flavor of mythic narratively, just without a path. Don't like how you have to game it though given its various unintuitive requirements (thinking about that date stuff in particular).

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, to be fair, that true ending is just another flavor of mythic narratively, just without a path. Don't like how you have to game it though given its various unintuitive requirements (thinking about that date stuff in particular).

You are right, I suppose. For the purpose of the Story I played everything worked out consistently so there are no loose ends or anything.

I also have not seen the true ending so I can not Judge how that works in context of the other paths. Maybe somewhen in the future I will play it but I guess the second play through will be my last for a while, the game is Gigantic (which, don't get me wrong, is pretty great) and is just too big of a time investment.

However it seems it has a lot of replayability so I am sure it will be one of the games you start again every few years and see things you haven't seen before. In any case, it's a Job well done.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't understand why romance for good-aligned men, from regular one to epic should always be about forgiving a woman for from 100 to 10000 years of crime, eating babies and destroying kingdoms. Is that girl fanfiction thing? Perfect husbandu forgives waifu all?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't understand why romance for good-aligned men, from regular one to epic should always be about forgiving a woman for from 100 to 10000 years of crime, eating babies and destroying kingdoms. Is that girl fanfiction thing? Perfect husbandu forgives waifu all?

Exactly...

In case of Arueahalae is even worse. She worked in a brothel, had thousands of demon and demonologist dicks inside her every year for aeons. But for the mc, she demand love and commitment.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
German who don't like to watch armies moving over map. Shamefur dispray. I dunno... Imagine it's map of Poland or something.
Well, the Blitzkrieg option has eluded me so far. Maybe a new patch can help.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom