Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Rzbnjktc.png
Fixed it for you mate.
w7ENr6e.png

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ultimately a futile effort, only DU nuking it and burning any archives would give even a modicum of safety from serious efforts by a fascist state in 2021+ to suppress dissidents, but better than nothing.

You're a low energy Wumao, fuck off!
I just got a text this morning from Glorious Leader. Now my fate is irrevocably tied to China.

reanisgod.jpg

It's a dog dude, don't be a pussy
Not an argument

Dogs are nuisances and scare/kill wildlife, same as cats. Both should be euthanized on sight if caught off leash.

The dumbest motherfuckers i meet in public are all dog owners. They all think they are exempt from local laws and get butthurt when you tell them to leash up, the people who actually do it are the rare exception that prove the rule

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Ultimately a futile effort, only DU nuking it and burning any archives would give even a modicum of safety from serious efforts by a fascist state in 2021+ to suppress dissidents, but better than nothing.
Do you have any basis for purging your post history? Have people been arrested? What about the twitter accounts you post from, are the Australian ones covering their tracks as well? Is this really that serious?

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Maybe it's just paranoia. Still it's not unimaginable for Australia to develop some kind of "Great Firewall". Except they won't block sites or shut themselves off from the wider internet, but just heavily punish any offensive speech made on the internet by any person associated with Australia under increasingly sweeping laws. This is inevitable. It can be construed as an anti-China thing, but in reality they are being dragged into China's orbit, even as they kick and scream. And so they inevitably take on more aspects of the Chinese system even if they fight against China. It's a fight they'll lose in this century.

Move the site to romania.

(...)

Moving the site from a police state to another police state is only a good idea if you're dumb or glow.

I don't know about Switzerland, but when I look at e.g. the best VPN services all of them seem to be based in countries like Panama, Switzerland, British Virgin Islands, Romania, Bulgaria... Surely this is no coincidence. Only one of them is in Sweden, and it's mentioned as a downside because Sweden is in the 14 Eyes. No bueno.

So, DU knows what to do. Seems like either a tax haven or a fringe shithole EU country is best. Any association with Australia is also no bueno seeing as it's in the 5 Eyes. Yeah, I can kinda see why he would rather just SHUT IT DOWN, but it would be a sad day if it happens. For what it's worth, I also doubt that TPTB will go after people for statements made in a hidden section of a Web 1.0 style forum, but I can imagine that one would not want to test this.

Funnily enough, "tax haven (if you're rich) or fringe Europoor country (if you're a poorfag)" also seems to correlate well with the best places to ride out the increasingly dark atmosphere in most of the world.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Don't worry, there's always Google's archive of the site. And since your government is part of 5 Eyes, there's a good chance that your entire internet history is sitting in a datacenter somewhere, waiting to be AI-profiled to generate your social credit score. :M

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Don't worry, there's always Google's archive of the site
AFAIK google bot accounts haven't had access to GD for a while. Neither is the subforum publically visible so it's not on the wayback machine or similar services.

Our fates are in the hands of the owners and the hosts.

Partially. Ofc. ISPs and VPNs also log things and the 5 eyes thing you mentioned. But that's out of our control.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Does the Licorice meltdown mean we can now talk shit about Chinks and he will not post pages and pages and PAGES of poor quality agitprop?
The only problem is that chinks don't do retarded shit that need to be mocked. :negative:

Of course they do. See the guidelines on game censorship in the thread you yourself created.

But that is immaterial. Everyone needs to be mocked, regardless of deserving it or not. That is the purest essence of talking shit.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
I guess the best protection I have assuming they go down a gloves and masks on ceremonial route to crushing dissent is that I can say I put in best efforts to remove unlawful content which sympathizes with the enemy or undermines the war effort and kept my personal views squarely to myself.

So this is why I am deleting all that content.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I guess the best protection I have assuming they go down a gloves and masks on ceremonial route to crushing dissent is that I can say I put in best efforts to remove unlawful content which sympathizes with the enemy or undermines the war effort and kept my personal views squarely to myself.

So this is why I am deleting all that content.

Your deleting shit made my post get moved a page back as a result. MASSIVE, unforgivable sin.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does the Licorice meltdown mean we can now talk shit about Chinks and he will not post pages and pages and PAGES of poor quality agitprop?
The only problem is that chinks don't do retarded shit that need to be mocked. :negative:

Of course they do. See the guidelines on game censorship in the thread you yourself created.

But that is immaterial. Everyone needs to be mocked, regardless of deserving it or not. That is the purest essence of talking shit.
Ahhh what about it? Clearly chinks are incline,want same censorship in here too,before we all become surrounded by globohomo cock sucking libtards! I could recognize when something is for the better of my society,even if infringes upon my hobbies.

And yeah,everyone deserves some mockery,tho chinks make it hard. Haven't fucked up yet. Also another big problem......chinks on the codex are very few.....kwans on other hand are a lot,far better for trolling,far more REeEEeeeeeEeeeEeEEE

EDIT: Jokes aside,what is wrong with the nu chinks laws ? I am actually yet to see an argument against them,out side of muh freedom screeches.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
EDIT: Jokes aside,what is wrong with the nu chinks laws ? I am actually yet to see an argument against them,out side of muh freedom screeches.
It bans writing edgy evil/chaotic paths. So some of my favourite rpg storylines would've been disallowed. Still overall huge positives from those roles though looks like.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It was bound to happen. He only latched onto them because he thought they were strong and his host nation was closely tied to them economically. Right now, he has more pressing concerns - like keeping his head down and taking all his booster shots.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It bans writing edgy evil/chaotic paths. So some of my favourite rpg storylines would've been disallowed. Still overall huge positives from those roles though looks like.
Small price to pay for banning faggots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom