Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Classic D&D/AD&D/OSR Art

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
6u4fOIK.jpg

ivXJx27.jpg

Q9X0KWX.jpg

SPr3dNu.jpg

Bc5PY5U.jpg

ro2NBZa.jpg

2YYfs97.jpg

cjm52gP.jpg

DJi3C1c.jpg

CgIa4iT.jpg

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Anyone got any nice halfling art? I was recently reminded of how disgusting the talentless hacks at WotC made them look in 5e and could use some hobbity incline in my life.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Anyone got any nice halfling art? I was recently reminded of how disgusting the talentless hacks at WotC made them look in 5e and could use some hobbity incline in my life.
Halflings tend to be relatively few and scattered, often appearing in artwork with several non-halfling party members.

Caldwell did an all-halfling cover for GAZ8 The Five Shires, but this is easily the worst cover in the entire gazetteer series:
16980.jpg

Caldwell's cover for adventure module I11 Needle has a more impressive-looking halfling with three other party members:
17098.jpg

Caldwell's cover for the novel The Wyvern's Spur might be the only notable depiction of a female halfling:
wyverns_spur.jpg

Elmore drew an illustration for the BECMI 'Red Box' Basic Rules Set showing all three types of demi-humans:
hh9kwk.jpg

For the BECMI 'Black Box' Master Rules Set, Jeff Easley drew the same characters at higher level:
bbf2d866558848ac2a8269d4b787234d.jpg

This color illustration by Larry Elmore appeared inside PHBR9 the Complete Book of Gnomes & Halflings:
NASH-GIANT_HALFLING.jpg

This Elmore painting was used as the cover of the Forgotten Realms Book of Lairs in 1994 but appears to be dated '84:
oi7pkm.jfif

Jim Holloway included a halfling in his illustrations for two Dragon Magazine covers (#161 and #228):
pic643129.jpg
pic634917.jpg

There are also various other B&W drawings with a halfling, such as this illustration by Dave Simons appearing in DMR2 Creature Catalog with a water weird attacking a thief and a halfling.
adonup.jpg

Also a few other color illustrations that originated as covers for CYOA books, gamebooks, or novels.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This color illustration by Larry Elmore appeared inside PHBR9 the Complete Book of Gnomes & Halflings:

That book has a few drawings with halflings, but not that many.

uomhHYI.jpg

:smug:

JX9dgpQ.jpg

uqcLlLB.jpg

Smu5sDD.jpg

MvAXmUO.jpg

BdXJUj7.jpg

Qvs6MdB.jpg

pI2UraL.jpg

d7MSfXT.jpg

s3U9DtT.jpg

Se1Q0Nj.jpg

3XjGHPX.jpg

This isn't halfings but gnomes, but I really like it:

xHnKWPt.jpg

And then there's this one from the Player's Handbook, AD&D 2nd Edition (it might appear only in those re-editions they made years later, I'm not sure.)

kj93sZO.jpg

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Seems they can't decide if halflings have pointy ears or not.

Berengar

Learned
Incredible thrift store find the other day. My scanner is still in storage from a move last year but once I dig it out I'll post some pages.
N0s3CSY.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom