Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shaki

Arbiter
Is the demongraft worth getting? Was thinking about it but the beserk makes it hard to decide

Worth af getting on Nenio, and on your main if he's a backliner, on frontliners it's debatable, if you run a munchkin build that never gets hit then I would probably take it, but if you get hit a lot then probably not worth it.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Is the demongraft worth getting? Was thinking about it but the beserk makes it hard to decide

Worth af getting on Nenio, and on your main if he's a backliner, on frontliners it's debatable, if you run a munchkin build that never gets hit then I would probably take it, but if you get hit a lot then probably not worth it.
Is there a way to negate the beserk? Is it a mind affecting thing? If so I was thinking maybe wearing the Full Plate of Mind Focus which makes you immune to all mind affecting stuff would negate it

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Is there a way to negate the beserk? Is it a mind affecting thing? If so I was thinking maybe wearing the Full Plate of Mind Focus which makes you immune to all mind affecting stuff would negate it

I don't know if lich MC can avoid it. In other cases I would avoid doing it.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Has anyone tested if the XP rewards for kills and quests are higher on higher difficulties? I'm watching one LP on Hard where the guy reaches lvl 10 on finishing Chapter 2. I'm still about 10 000 xp away from lvl 10, playing on Core.
If you take exp only for active members, and you roll 5, and

you explore the Chapel by finding the Desna area, and you take out the Incubus Torturer before the Chapel, and you also clear the optional demon in Drezen

you should definitely hit 10 before

Staunton

if you roll with less than 4, you can even hit 11, but the headache is not worth it.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Btw isnt the hand of the inheritor supposed to help you during the battles in the abyss...? He just did the first mob and then nothing uhm

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Has anyone tested if the XP rewards for kills and quests are higher on higher difficulties? I'm watching one LP on Hard where the guy reaches lvl 10 on finishing Chapter 2. I'm still about 10 000 xp away from lvl 10, playing on Core.

I am on hard from the start and I reached 10 after the optional boss in chapter 2.

the boss is worth 10k xp

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Btw isnt the hand of the inheritor supposed to help you during the battles in the abyss...? He just did the first mob and then nothing uhm
The trigger for him helping you as far as I can tell is based on whether the MC is dying.

Also, did a derakni suddenly popup in your fight? Perhaps with a few mariliths? Because if that happened, then he got cursed by the echo of deskari and can't help you anymore. He tells you about it when you talk with him in the nexus.
uhm i just had a cut scene with echo of deskari no mariliths, the first time you visit the middle city. Was he cursed there?

Tenebris

Scholar

I don't believe it's any different however at the start of the game when you fall there's a weird glitch where you'd get double the exp and can level up after your first interaction with Seelah. I've had it happen in one of my rerolls.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
The trigger for him helping you as far as I can tell is based on whether the MC is dying.

Also, did a derakni suddenly popup in your fight? Perhaps with a few mariliths? Because if that happened, then he got cursed by the echo of deskari and can't help you anymore. He tells you about it when you talk with him in the nexus.
uhm i just had a cut scene with echo of deskari no mariliths, the first time you visit the middle city. Was he cursed there?
No, he still pops up after that. If you want try it out, get into a fight and let your MC get his ass kicked and the Hand should come in.

ok its a bug then, it never happens :\

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

No, he still pops up after that. If you want try it out, get into a fight and let your MC get his ass kicked and the Hand should come in.

I might be wrong about the trigger though.
For me he popped up when I got my ass kicked in the fleshmarket and in the upper city on two occasions. All three times the MC went down but the situation was pretty much tits up and a lot of other people in the party were also dying.

As I wrote earleir I am postponing Chivarro since the fight basically rapes me, and not once he popped up in all the times I tried.
There is also the big mob in the upper city, 8/9 demons which seems too much for me right now and he doesn't pop up
Btw I think it's a bug because he's still there in lower city when I first encountered the first mob and he the only time he helped, standing there and doing nothing.

Is the Dracolich in Act 5 supposed to be strong?

My Paladin/Fighter Legend took half it's health in one blow lol, didn't even get a turn.
And the Kwan dropped shit loot
Anticlimatic

Acrux

Arcane
Did you Smite Evil it? A quick fight would be unsurprising since pallys are very likely to oneshot single evil enemies at high levels.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron

I might be wrong about the trigger though.
For me he popped up when I got my ass kicked in the fleshmarket and in the upper city on two occasions. All three times the MC went down but the situation was pretty much tits up and a lot of other people in the party were also dying.

As I wrote earleir I am postponing Chivarro since the fight basically rapes me, and not once he popped up in all the times I tried.
There is also the big mob in the upper city, 8/9 demons which seems too much for me right now and he doesn't pop up
Btw I think it's a bug because he's still there in lower city when I first encountered the first mob and he the only time he helped, standing there and doing nothing.
I had it bug out on me myself, during the Azata fleshmarket fight he popped up to help me after a thanadaemon got a lucky crit, after that he just stands there not doing anything even after the fight is over and I dont get him to pop up anymore, but he does still interject in conversations

20Pal + 20 2HFighter. Went from not hitting anything to doing more criticals than missing. Even if I don't smite I can still deal monstrous damage. Not sure if the other mythic feel as OP, but I feel like a bully.

But where can I get a proper +5 Greatsword? I just dealt with Iz and I'm stuck with a simple +3. Goddamit owlcat.:argh:

Mauman

Learned
Regill is right, you shouldn't rely on infantry for your army's damage output. Shield-bearers are perfect for a mage general.

I love regill don't get me wrong, but the shieldbearers are shit.

Go Spearmen. Best balance of hp, cost, attack, and damage.

(of course getting that option means killing a dragon right into act 3....have fun).

Also, just killed Playful darkness on Core with no prep (outside of my 24 hour long buffs).

Feels good man.

It helps that I have an alchemist that can give true strike to one of my big boi vital strikers, along with 2 ray casters

Last edited:

Rieser

Scholar
Spoiler about the prison on act 5.

Decided to kill Alderpash. Defeated him, but obviously he still has his phylactery. I don't have a quest to kill him and couldn't find the phylactery. Had to google and learned that it's supposed to be in that pool in his room, but I can't interact with it. What gives?

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
How the hell are you supposed to save Trevers build? Like what the fuck, its like it was made specifically to trigger desiderious

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Spoiler about the prison on act 5.

Decided to kill Alderpash. Defeated him, but obviously he still has his phylactery. I don't have a quest to kill him and couldn't find the phylactery. Had to google and learned that it's supposed to be in that pool in his room, but I can't interact with it. What gives?

You figure out where his phylactery is during conversation by asking the right questions and passing 3 difficult skill checks. If memory serves the first question is asking him outright where his phylactery is, can’t remember the other 2 but if you exhaust all conversation topics you’d stumble across them.

Mauman

Learned
How the hell are you supposed to save Trevers build? Like what the fuck, its like it was made specifically to trigger desiderious

It's what some would call "a roleplaying build".

meaning it's shit and you can't salvage it

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Now that I am playing around in Abyss city I can say that this game is copying BG2 a lot. Abyss city is basically Drow city from BG2. It also happens at same time in the story. And the Mythic paths are basically Strongholds from BG2, they got about same amount of content.
And spellcasters are cheating like in BG2 with casting lots of buffs and spells at same time. And in most battles enemy casters also fuck me up.

On Core this game is much harder than PK1, at lvl 15 in PK1 was strolling through content easily.

Indeed, was playing on Daring but having to drop to Normal difficulty as many of fights are pain in the ass with enemies with sky-high AC.

PK1 was definitely easier on Core rules.

purupuru

Learned
is OK. But infantry damage really does not matter much when you can spam scorching ray and fireballs. You just need you troops to not die.
For non-mage generals I like to use Hedge Knights. Hard hitting, tough and has good mobility.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom