Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks almost tempting to return, but all the expansions so far except the first one where you worked on quake planet for Lord Marr were mech, I don't care about nue Raven or Alliance I just want to assassinate, sabotage an ridicule more (((Jedi))) and their space kwan republicuck golym.

For Lord Putin Jadus!

If someone would rip the Agent story line onto SP game I would buy it.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I hope they'll bring back the writing quality of the agent's story in regards to villains.
Usually games have trained us not to worry about any NPC, since you are an invincible demigod in combat anyway, but... when you meet Putin Jadus for the first time, it had me forget that for a moment. NPC and agent's dialog really made you feel that he could take off his shirt and Judo you to death crush you like a bug with a mere thought at any moment, a textbook example of "show, don't tell" done right. I framed that moment for safekeeping in my mind. :obviously:

Of course, then they kinda dropped the ball again when you fight him 1on1 anyway without any magic gizmo weakening him IIRC, with a pocket knife no less, but hey, it felt so right besting him. :hahano:
I don't think he even had to kill a major sympathetic NPC to trigger me, as writers usually do. Good stuff.

Onslaught had many good moments that give me hope. Kinda sorta optimistic here.

I also want to know how Codexia's romance with Khen Val turns out...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I hope they'll bring back the writing quality of the agent's story in regards to villains.
Usually games have trained us not to worry about any NPC, since you are an invincible demigod in combat anyway, but... when you meet Putin Jadus for the first time, it had me forget that for a moment. NPC and agent's dialog really made you feel that he could take off his shirt and Judo you to death crush you like a bug with a mere thought at any moment, a textbook example of "show, don't tell" done right. I framed that moment for safekeeping in my mind. :obviously:

He was brilliance and power and fire. Not only because he zaps you and you respawn at a med-center if you mouth off to him, but that is also a huge plus.

but hey, it felt so right besting bowing to him and becoming the Hand of Jadus. :hahano:

FTFY

that's also the weakest part of the story actually: you're the right hand of god, you de facto rule over the galaxy, yet all you own is a bunch of credits and a couple guns.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I already said it many times before, but, in the long run, 'quisitor is just the best "I only can only endure to drag one char through the story beyond the endless enemy waves of KOTET" choice.
Might not have the best class story, but if you judge it by how well they integrate into the entire story (also extra flavor), he's the best pick. :obviously:

"I told you: you are in my chair."
So worth the wait.
:smug:

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I find it amazing to see the extent to which they'll go to try to conceal the fact they're just never gonna add a single class to their game which already had so few to begin with.

Sykar

Arcane

And the lazyness continues. Nevermind that they will strip down the amount of abilities since base classes will be gone now yet SWTOR fans seem to think this is the best shit since sliced bread.
I still fail to grasp why this is called "combat styles". Seems like this has nothing to do with "styles" at least not the way I would interpret it without their explanation what they actually mean.
Also "unrivaled custimization" is a joke for anyone who has played games like City of Heroes.

:hmmm:

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
looks really dumb tbh but I'm not going to watch the video

In a nut shell, base classes turn into "stories", you pick your advanced class directly and chose a force or a tech story depending on the class so you can play a Bounty Hunter in the Agent story line for example. Base class abilities will be removed probably. Oh and you seem to be allowed to chose the other sides abilities if your alignment matches theirs like as a light side Sith Sorcerer can opt to use Sage TK powers instead of lightning.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well its 2021 so if we can have womyn with beards and penises we can also have :obviously: Imperial Agent or Republicuck trooper using force powers makes totally sense in this clown galaxy far away.

:hero:

Even Chiss who are by large not force sensitive whom am I to object to it some bigot?

Sykar

Arcane
Well its 2021 so if we can have womyn with beards and penises we can also have :obviously: Imperial Agent or Republicuck trooper using force powers makes totally sense in this clown galaxy far away.

:hero:

Even Chiss who are by large not force sensitive whom am I to object to it some bigot?

Ah, sorry I was not clear, no you cannot. Non-force users can only play "tech" stories. Smuggler for example will be able play Agent or Trooper story. Like wise force users can only play the "force" stories so a Jedi Knight can play the Sith Sorcerer story. Still retarded just slightly less so.

Codex Year of the Donut
did anyone even ask for this?
I liked the differences between classes

[edit]
and I'm saying that with this in mind
ilwTpuL.png

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just wanted to beat the shit out of people in close combat in MY LIFE FOR THE REPUBLIC mode. I don't think I am getting that either, though gut+ stock strike had me covered.

Codex Year of the Donut
kotfe/kotet on the highest difficulty is not easy, it's way harder than most of the group content
also, there's a solo pve arena with well-designed bosses that will give you a good challenge

tbh it's probably the best MMO for challenging singleplayer content, because it's basically the only one that has any

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
kotfe/kotet on the highest difficulty is not easy, it's way harder than most of the group content
also, there's a solo pve arena with well-designed bosses that will give you a good challenge

tbh it's probably the best MMO for challenging singleplayer content, because it's basically the only one that has any
What he said. Harder difficulties in KotFE/KotET are fuckin’ brutal from the get go.

Zariusz

Arbiter

What he said. Harder difficulties in KotFE/KotET are fuckin’ brutal from the get go.
Hmm i kinda remember it but i was thinking mostly about vanilla class quests and planets, last time i played medic companions would make you practicaly invincible.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hmm i kinda remember it but i was thinking mostly about vanilla class quests and planets, last time i played medic companions would make you practicaly invincible.
Ah yes, these all are piss easy, you can artifically make them harder by goin’ without healer companion.

Codex Year of the Donut
Attempting to go from the class stories to highest difficulty kotet will complete wreck you, no contest. The difficulty jump is yuge. Can't even remember if they allow you to play the hard mode first time around.
I played a well-geared combat medic commando and had no issues healing the hardest veteran flashpoints, I struggled with it a good bit. Especially anytime they threw me a companion I didn't have ranked up. You have to be able to CC, play defensively, interrupt, abuse line of sight, have quick reactions, etc.,
And it wasn't because I played a healer, companions are actually really powerful in SWTOR, especially if you wear gear that gives them boosts. The other way around and the healer companion would probably struggle a lot to keep you alive trying to react to all the burst damage/stuns/etc., whereas companions can get near to a real player's DPS and they aren't required to predict big incoming damage.

Definitely one of the few times a modern MMO has done difficult singleplayer content.

oh, I completely forgot, the star base assaults. On the higher difficulty those were hard as shit to solo, but I can't remember if it was bugged or not.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom