Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

jackofshadows

Magister

@JasonTBarlow Kudos to @the_atomgame on the Release of Trudograd! A great follow-up to their ATOM RPG! I'm having an absolute blast playing it. Takes me back to Fallout 1 & 2 and is in great company with other modern takes like Wasteland 1 & 2!
Jason Barlow
@JasonTBarlow
Lead Development Director @ BioWare, Proud Father to Ladies Cassidy & Piper, Adequate Husband, RPG Fan, Outdoorsman & Cook. Tweets are my own.(he/him)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo Atomboy is that a bug or weird way of conveying info? It is written that attack cost should go down,but it goes up. Normal attacks are 6 but with the upgrade it is 7. Also if it is as intended,lol it is useless upgrade :).

3Y2QP8G.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also it will be nice if you don't have to open up your inventory to check out if the upgrade component is good for you. Checking up to your equipped items will be nice.

Ah and more upgrades for snipers will be nice. No need to be something super strong,but more options will increase interactivity for people.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmmmm i just finished the game,pretty good experience all around. Was surprised about the quality of the production,the cinematic were pretty good,surprisingly. Also the game looks really good too. Would have liked to see a bit more side quests connected with the merchants guild. Also i have the feeling that i missed a few quests,some npcs show up later on in the game and if you are not checking,you could miss them. Also did anyone know what is the deal with the locked house in the docks,the one with the drug dealers? Is it a revolution quest ?

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Also did anyone know what is the deal with the locked house in the docks,the one with the drug dealers? Is it a revolution quest ?
I recall 3 houses: one contains the wife of Petrov the union leader (related to the Police quest to prevent the strike), another housing Hao(?)'s goons if you refuse to pay protection money, and the one with the signal lantern for which I don't recall (not Police, possibly Revolution or 7th heaven related)

Mig

Educated
Also did anyone know what is the deal with the locked house in the docks,the one with the drug dealers? Is it a revolution quest ?
I recall 3 houses: one contains the wife of Petrov the union leader (related to the Police quest to prevent the strike), another housing Hao(?)'s goons if you refuse to pay protection money, and the one with the signal lantern for which I don't recall (not Police, possibly Revolution or 7th heaven related)

The house with the lantern is for a revolution quest to get some dirt on a guy selling schematics in the machine factory

0wca

Learned
Played for a couple of hours and I'm already liking it much more than the original ATOM, which, frankly, didn't do it for me. The writing is better (not leagues better, but definitely better), the atmosphere is much more engaging, there's quite a bit of humor in it but not too much to make it corny. Definitely gonna stick with this one to see how it compares as a whole.

The combat system is something I still don't quite get though. I can aim certain bodyparts on an enemy but there's really no explanation as to what it does. I shot an enemy in the head and I'm not sure if I even dealt more damage or if it caused some sort of condition or anything. Game is pretty scarce on explaining that stuff, like the predecessor. Would appreciate some clarification on this, or even better, in-game tooltips that mention what shots to certain parts do.

Other than that I just have one MAJOR gripe with the game. The whole, "put thing in hand to use it" shit which is tedious and time-consuming. I know you went for the whole Fallout 2 feel, but this part really didn't need copying. Filling up 20+ bottles with water at a well is extremely annoying. Could you maybe make the well interface the same as the campfire, but for filling bottles? And also maybe add an option to simply drink from the well? Putting a key in hand when opening a door is also tedious. You can just make a keychain item so that the inventory isn't overflowing with keys and make the character auto-use it when they open a door.

Other than that, it's definitely a big improvement on the original.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Played for a couple of hours and I'm already liking it much more than the original ATOM, which, frankly, didn't do it for me. The writing is better (not leagues better, but definitely better), the atmosphere is much more engaging, there's quite a bit of humor in it but not too much to make it corny. Definitely gonna stick with this one to see how it compares as a whole.

The combat system is something I still don't quite get though. I can aim certain bodyparts on an enemy but there's really no explanation as to what it does. I shot an enemy in the head and I'm not sure if I even dealt more damage or if it caused some sort of condition or anything. Game is pretty scarce on explaining that stuff, like the predecessor. Would appreciate some clarification on this, or even better, in-game tooltips that mention what shots to certain parts do.

Other than that I just have one MAJOR gripe with the game. The whole, "put thing in hand to use it" shit which is tedious and time-consuming. I know you went for the whole Fallout 2 feel, but this part really didn't need copying. Filling up 20+ bottles with water at a well is extremely annoying. Could you maybe make the well interface the same as the campfire, but for filling bottles? And also maybe add an option to simply drink from the well? Putting a key in hand when opening a door is also tedious. You can just make a keychain item so that the inventory isn't overflowing with keys and make the character auto-use it when they open a door.

Other than that, it's definitely a big improvement on the original.

That is strange cause they patched this in ATOM 1. You should be able fill any empty container in inventory, quipping bottle or key in hand is adventure game style bull-shit and waste of time.

I have a question about quest to kill mutant in Brothel I am not offered to do it anymore is this related to Police path or something? ( I sided for Revolutionaries cause they have better quests in my opinion and Police in Trutograd are bunch of corrupt assholes).

Also are there any other companions other than Hex and Bimbo/Lt. Rogosin?

jackofshadows

Magister
Also are there any other companions other than Hex and Bimbo/Lt. Rogosin?
Nope.
Anyone found how to use the thermos?
Put it on your belt slot then go to any camp point so you can make tea or coffee in there. Thermos will store it for some amount of time (depends on how cold around etc). It's not worth it obviously, besides the fact that any self-respecting min-max whore would want a frying pan in that slot instead anyway.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
lso are there any other companions other than Hex and Bimbo/Lt. Rogosin?

the dog in city outskirts that's with the Chinese guy.

you must train the dog, and at the end of training, you must also successfully train him to pull grenade pins with his teeth.

after that, via pickpocket, you must introduce in the Chinese guy inventory an explosive grenade (not training grenade or a stun grenade)

after some time, the dog will be alone at the same location and you can take it with you

besides the fact that any self-respecting min-max whore would want a frying pan in that slot instead anyway.

a filled up thermos acts as a consumable. so you can wear the frying pan and also drink its contents when needed without equipping it

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

you must train the dog, and at the end of training, you must also successfully train him to pull grenade pins with his teeth.

after that, via pickpocket, you must introduce in the Chinese guy inventory an explosive grenade (not training grenade or a stun grenade)

after some time, the dog will be alone at the same location and you can take it with you

ok, I can't do this... :) I was just trolling about the dog as a companion

but you must admit, it would've been cool to recruit the dog that way.

you really have the option to train it though to pull grenade pins but with no further purpose as I can tell from the game.
why the hell is this option available?

... and I really introduced a grenade into his inventory afterwards but he was just fine after that :)

jackofshadows

Magister
you really have the option to train it though to pull grenade pins but with no further purpose as I can tell from the game.
No clue, I hate these options for options sake tbh. Like it was in Wasteland 3 recently where you could free some derailed guy from a cell and then they only now introduced some consequences with the DLC of that. Like, are you fucking kidding me? As for thermos, you're right, I didn't bother but it might be useful to carry around like for yet another extra +END. If only survival/cold mechanic were meaninful in this game.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Put it on your belt slot then go to any camp point so you can make tea or coffee in there. Thermos will store it for some amount of time (depends on how cold around etc). It's not worth it obviously, besides the fact that any self-respecting min-max whore would want a frying pan in that slot instead anyway.

Good to know, i'm mostly relying on concentrated milk + tea whenever i can because my main char starting endurance wasn't very high.

Now now, what's the deal with the frying pan?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Keep one in the belt slot and it adds a DR point.

Any clue what to do with the guy with the cow in the Grey Corner Hut?

In the final bunker, upon interacting with a terminal, it mentions hearing something n the next room shift but I haven't figured out what it was.

I can't help you, stopped my playthrough after the police printer quest when i heard about the upcoming increase in difficulty. And so far, no luck with the cow guy either.
Although, giving the armor to Hexogen while not making him fight on close combat keeps the difficulty from dropping too much.

So far, i have one regret, after being shot early game in the grey corner because of the mob quest, i ended up fighting and killing the guy who gives you the quest and they don't show up, didn't reload, i was expecting the mob to show up at some point but nothing, even killed the guys patrolling the corner because one of them wouldn't talk to me further because of his stupid game.
I really hate messing with potentially interesting quests.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

ok, I can't do this... :) I was just trolling about the dog as a companion

but you must admit, it would've been cool to recruit the dog that way.

... and I really introduced a grenade into his inventory afterwards but he was just fine after that :)

If you train the dog to pull the pin, you'll get a rumour later (not sure from whom) about a caravan somewhere that got blown up due to a doggo pulling pin of a grenade.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
If you train the dog to pull the pin, you'll get a rumour later (not sure from whom) about a caravan somewhere that got blown up due to a doggo pulling pin of a grenade.

The quests results generating rumors is a real decline.
The first feeling about the game is very good and by mid-game (i guess) the inexistant difficulty and the quests never being tied to one another gets to you.

A sequel should be an improvement over the original and i'm taking my previous comment back, ATOM is the better game.
It's still better than average, good even, combat difficulty aside but it's seriously lacking on the quest design area.

A lot of gimmicks like eating and freezing should be cut down (just give one or two more attribute points instead), the super armor doesn't make the game better either.

What would make the game better is good encounter design, full party control, improved difficulty and a better quest design with intertwined quests.
Also, not being able to get to the end area before doing 2 billions faction quests is a real bummer (you really feels trapped by the game design, ("hey, one more quest" ""oh well, next one might be the last" "just another one" ...), just make that area available after 1 or 2 quests, the other faction quests being elective.
It might be what triggered my pause even more than the easy combat.

Atomboy I can see the work put into it and it's good but i hope the next one improves on what matters (combat/quest design)

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

The rest of your comments I can see the logic to although I disagree on a couple of them, but I don't understand this particular criticism at all. What is decline about characters commenting on the results of quests?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The rest of your comments I can see the logic to although I disagree on a couple of them, but I don't understand this particular criticism at all. What is decline about characters commenting on the results of quests?
:whatho:
For 3 years you didn't noticed that he is a troll that hates on every single game?! You are declining,mate,getting older.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

It's simple, instead of having real consequences or the result of a quest triggering different quests depending on your choices, you have rumors...
The first impression is great and i believe i did say the game is good but from mid-game, Trudograd is overstaying its welcome where (dead city aside) you can't get enough of ATOM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom