Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
"Why you can't be pro like me guys, it's just 110 AC PFFFF just use that -4 with Ember"

110 AC, you say? :)

PpOICjg.png

Noice, but did you Evil Eye the babau? That is very important.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
what class split are you doing on that one? I have been thinking about doing the exact same 3 classes but I am pondering whether or not to go to sohei 11 for an extra attack and where to stop with the hunter.
It was 3 Divine Hound/11 Gandarme/6 Sohei. But this build was meant to go Trickster for the crazy crits with Fauchard, so I only took 6 Sohei levels early to avoid Scroll of Atonement spam due to the loss of the Lawful Alignment.

Trickster can take his Super Crit line (Perception 2) with Gandarme bonus feats, and this had sealed the deal.

Interesting.

I'm planning on Hunter 3 / Sohei 11 / Gendarme 2 or 3 and Mutation Warrior 3 or 4. And going for Aeon.
Although might make sense to stay at Sohei 6 and get more Gendarme feats. Hmmm....

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hm, turns out the bug wasn't that Sohei cannot use other mounts then horses.
Apprently the bug is that you cannot pick a 3rd Animal Companion class at all. And its still there.
Damn.
I did that one on my Sohei/Hunter/Gandarme with the Wolf. You can't choose to proceed current pet progression for the second time, but you can skip to the next tab in leveling window with > without choosing anything, and pet levels will still be calculated correctly.

That's great, thank you!

jungl

Augur
Whatever happened to all those improved versions of the magic missle spells from the neverwinter nights games. Why are they not in pathfinder?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Because of No Fun Brigade.

How does haste marked 3 times on the above character?

Why is PD immune to magic missile TWICE? Probably a typo, but maybe because he absorbs and heals itself?

110AC is ridiculous. I have no interest in playing such silly things.

FFS On 'custom' level that is higher than core, I faced an enemy with ac of 50+ in CH3 that wasn't PD. LMAO

CodexTotalWar

Learned
How does haste marked 3 times on the above character?

It's a bug you get from the Angel Sword of Heaven. It stacks with normal haste, and sometimes it seems to stacks again - maybe due to resting with Greater Enduring Spells (but I'm actually not 100% sure about what exactly triggers the 3rd stacking).

A technical side-note for those who care, if this was actually the 110 AC PD (I literally cannot get him to spawn with that AC even at the highest difficulty - I've only seen 92 in my bugged save), I would be attacking at +104 AB - because PD isn't a Demon, he's a like a Monstrous Humanoid or something IIRC. So:

-2 from Crusader's Edge not applying
-2 from the Demonslayer Favored Enemy dip not applying
-2 by removing the buggy haste

I'd still get the +4 Favored Enemy shared to me by Aru since she'll use Instant Enemy (it'd be +5 if I hadn't dip her).

However, I can effectively get +8 from Finnean (Brilliant Energy), +4 from Evil Eye, and +4 from Guide the Faithful (on subsequent hits). So it'd be 104 AB vs. 98 / 94 AC.

If you really want to go into meme territory though, you can stack Smite Chaos on top of that.

Mauman

Learned
Ok, I'm legitimately curious and asking you.

What difficulty is that picture of Playful Darkness from?

because 110 is not core.

Seriously asking you.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Would be better if you showed how to easily hit 110 AC instead of mocking him. That's a bit high of an AC.

"Go in options, reduce difficulty post screenshoot hitting on forum. Simple as. :cool:"

What a boring moron.
Good God, I can't believe I actually have to do this.

This is on Core, where his base AC is 68:

Screenshot-34.png
With +54 to hit and -13 to his AC, you can only miss on a natural 1. On Hard, his AC is 80, with +11 Dexterity and +2 Dodge:

dodge.png
Which means that the same exact character with Shatter Defenses (a feat that one would expect melee characters to have while playing on Hard, especially on a first playthrough) will still only miss on a natural 1.

Ok, I'm legitimately curious and asking you.

What difficulty is that picture of Playful Darkness from?

because 110 is not core.

Seriously asking you.
That's either a custom difficulty or some very old iteration of the beta. Playful Darkness doesn't have 110 AC on any default mode, not even on Unfair.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
OK, several playthroughs for several people have come and gone, so once again I raise my question - which Path has the most unique content/reactivity/depth etc.?
I don't think there's any clear winners or losers. All paths have special moments, special quests, and unique solutions to different encounters. Demons get a bit shafted in Chapter 3, but obviously have a lot more opportunities to do fun(tm) stuff in Chapter 4. Azata gets a dragon you can ride, or eat, depending on whether you switch to Swarm or not. Demon/Angel get additional romanceable characters in Galfrey/Nocticula, Lich gets extra companions although most of them are mute for the entire game (to be expected since they are raised undead). Aeon gets to play celestial robocop or lawyer. Good alignments tend to gather a few random "helpers" that show up during some of the more difficult encounters to support you - as long as you do their sidequests.

I think it ultimately comes down to taste. I personally found the demon path very interesting, but also lacking one side of tis development, as most unique situations boil down to "rage out at enemies" during early chapters, "rage out at enemies and telepathically explode their heads" during Chapter 3+4 and "rage out at enemies and destroy the entire crusader army including Galfrey with demonic lightning" at the end. But doing these things makes you lose out on more development with Nocticula as she doesn't want to deal with a Chaotic Evil being, so ultimately you're left with a choice to be a rage monster, or a cuck that serves others (or pretends to, while biding their time). It makes sense, in the grand scheme of things, but I would've preferred a more interesting approach to a seductive/cunning demon. Still incredibly fun, and I'd bet that most other paths have similar choices within their path. I have no clue whether it was a bug, but Demons also get to play with Mythic Rank10 the most, as you can get it almost immediately after Chapter 5 starts.

Trickster is fun for moment-to-moment situations. Like genderbending the victims of a rapist, and the rapist himself, so they then gangrape him in return. Or bringing a giant drake that was roasted and served as food back to life so he can eat the host instead. It's a truly Joker-esque experience.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Something complete opposite to Playful Darkness and high level play: on 1-2 levels Guidance is surprisingly useful, and Camellia, who can cast it, is available right from the start. I used this cantrip in Kingmaker for skill checks and - epsecially - as an indicator of failed Perception checks, but here I discovered that it also may be a difference between Seelah missing her first strike or taking out half the enemy's health. When there is almost nothing to buff with this free +1 competence bonus becomes quite useful.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys, imagine that you are in a city taken by a demoniac army with a lof of pyromaniac fire spell casters demons and you are organizing a resistance. Where would you chose as a base of operations?

A ) With the mongrels in the underground and prepare traps to colapse parts of the base in case of a demoniac invasion. Can flood then and can lay a lot of defensive traps and be hidden.
B ) A wooden tavern

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Guys, imagine that you are in a city taken by a demoniac army with a lof of pyromaniac fire spell casters demons and you are organizing a resistance. Where would you chose as a base of operations?

A ) With the mongrels in the underground and prepare traps to colapse parts of the base in case of a demoniac invasion
B ) A wooden tavern
Does the underground have an unending supply of booze and spirits to put out fires with?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Mauman

Learned

A ) With the mongrels in the underground and prepare traps to colapse parts of the base in case of a demoniac invasion
B ) A wooden tavern

Tavern obviously. If the end of the world is coming I want a copious supply of ale at hand.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Considering that the mongrels were siding with the demons already, and clearly had spies among them, while the alternative is to hide in one of the thousands of houses within the city... it's a pretty obvious choice, actually. Especially when you consider that it is just a temporary base of operations as the goal is to re-take the Wardstone asap.

Which brings me to one of the main gripes I have with the game: The fact that you're oftentimes thrown into a situation that should be incredibly time sensitive, like retaking the Wardstone before it can be corrupted, taking the Grey Garrison, finding the survivors of the Gargoyle attack or retaking Drezen. But then the game allows you to rest, even going so far as to remove the corruption you accumulate by putting conveniently placed sacred icons and relics. Could've just let those restore stat drain and refresh spells instead. But it felt incredibly dumb to me to rest for 8hours during the Siege or when trying to rescue the remaining survivors in Lost Chapel, and this approach continues throughout most dungeons, sadly.

It's one of the issues with a high-stakes narrative, that the convenient dungeon-delving and taking your time approach isn't really something that meshes well with story development that has little to no room for wasting time. Solasta at least had a short rest vs long rest option, similar to the tabletop. I have Irabeth and her crusaders fight for their lives to give me and my party a chance to get to the Wardstone, and instead we're chilling for 2 days cause some Succubi drained our energy.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A ) With the mongrels in the underground and prepare traps to collapse (<- this word has double L) parts of the base in case of a demoniac invasion. Can flood then and can lay a lot of defensive traps and be hidden.
I'd go with this answer, simply because I don't drink. And I hate the smell of stale beer. I also have a soft spot for people that have extra stats to anything other than CHA, and then -2 CHA. Ain't no matter how handsome you are in combat.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Which brings me to one of the main gripes I have with the game: The fact that you're oftentimes thrown into a situation that should be incredibly time sensitive, like retaking the Wardstone before it can be corrupted, taking the Grey Garrison, finding the survivors of the Gargoyle attack or retaking Drezen. But then the game allows you to rest, even going so far as to remove the corruption you accumulate by putting conveniently placed sacred icons and relics. Could've just let those restore stat drain and refresh spells instead. But it felt incredibly dumb to me to rest for 8hours during the Siege or when trying to rescue the remaining survivors in Lost Chapel, and this approach continues throughout most dungeons, sadly.
Owlcat Games got hammered for timed quests in Kingmaker, and they went with the crowd in Wrath.

cw8

Cipher
I fought Playful Darkness over the weekend.
I will admit I cheated because I cba to load previous save, change all my spells, rest and try again. So what I did is I abused my buggy Quicken spell rod that seem to have unlimited charges to double Negative damage Playfull darkness until he was down as that seemed to be only way to damage him with party I had at the time. I lost all 3 of my melee people in the fight and once he was down and I could not go around his Regeneration as it said Negative damage removes it but it didn't so I had to Coup de grace him with my 4 archers/mages/skeletal archers for about 10-15 rounds until he finally rolled 1 on his Fort save.
BTW if I wanted to fight him fairly I would basically start the combat with Corrupted Magic Lich lvl 9 spell that removes his buffs and gives him a penalty to AC and other things per each removed buff but I had used that in previous fight and as I said I was cba to go and rest and recast buffs. With Lich he seems fairly easy as long as you can buy yourself enough turns to beat him with Lich damage spells.
How did you guys beat him?

Threw all summons at him to tank him. Seelah fully buffed with Epic Proportions and Last Sand. She took him down with Destructive Shockwave for missing all her attacks hehe, Ember managed to get a few Scorching Rays in.

Sharpedge

Prophet
That's either a custom difficulty or some very old iteration of the beta. Playful Darkness doesn't have 110 AC on any default mode, not even on Unfair.
There was a version of the game a couple of patches ago where difficulty modifiers were being applied twice. On that particular patch version, playful darkness's stats could look like that.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Average Joe review. 12 minutes. Don't hate me, I just post the thing.

"I've played all the greats and so much Pnp. Let me mention Pillars of Eternity, Baldur's Gate, IWD, PST, etc. to bolster my gaming cred with the viewers. This game was clearly inspired by them."

"I turned off whatever the hell non-turnbased mode was instantly..."

What a joke. Who is he anyways? Did the youtuber let his friend make a review on his channel because he didn't feel like playing the game?

Also there are no guns in black water

Rieser

Scholar
Finished the game as Legend.

The ending was rather abrupt, and my achievements are bugged to all hell (stopped getting them after act 2), but all in all it was a good experience. Kinda rushed through the last act as I want to get onto the next playthrough, probably missed some stuff. Areelu as the final boss was a bit of a let-down though - my MC mowed her down in literally one round.

Anyway, my character spent his remaining days travelling and porking the Queen. Felt appropriate for my NG Battle Singer. Now a few days off before it's time for the next run as LE Lich.

Mauman

Learned
Average Joe review. 12 minutes. Don't hate me, I just post the thing.

Good God that "review" was bad. Well, I know never to watch THAT channel again.

I'm not one to say this game is perfect, far from it....but...ugh...no, just no.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom