Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm curious about this one. Can I like play the whole game only with bots? I don't like playing with the poeple.
You can, and it might be fun for a while until you learn the basics, but playing with people is the whole point. It's the source of greatest enjoyment, and of greatest annoyance. I have not played in a long while.

You can play a much less stressful ARAM mode, as well as temporary event mods. You play with people, but there is very little pressure unless you stumble upon some silly asshole.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for. Well, I don't like playing with the people, because then they add me to their friends list and ask 'do you wanna play? do you wanna play now? and I don't have time for wasting my time like a heroin addict. I just want like one round per month, lol.

You can mute other players so you dont get any messages from them and then you can use multiple types of pings to communicate situations to them.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for. Well, I don't like playing with the people, because then they add me to their friends list and ask 'do you wanna play? do you wanna play now? and I don't have time for wasting my time like a heroin addict. I just want like one round per month, lol.

You can't do that. It's a competitive game and as you play, you'll get matched with more experienced people, even outside Ranked. Playing competitive games only works when you actually want to win. Losing in LoL is negative fun.

There's something in the mechanics that makes losing not fun, probably the levelling and item system. Losing in a game like Quake isn't stressful and often instructive.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You also need to play often. Mechanics are a matter of muscle memory and knowladge. They have to become one in order to be efficient. If you don't play enough you'll never feel like you're in control.

You can mute,ignore and reject invitations so people bothering you is not an issue. Aram is fun and bots can be tough if you have no fucking idea what you're doing. Give it a try I guess.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Also you don't get to only play characters you like once you get past Silver. It has to be at least 3 roles with some experience in others. Can't be mid-as-support either. Fuck it, that was what made me quit.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Also you don't get to only play characters you like once you get past Silver. It has to be at least 3 roles with some experience in others. Can't be mid-as-support either. Fuck it, that was what made me quit.

This is not really true, the only problem is with mid, you can get top/jungle/adc/supp 9 times out of 10.
Most people in ranked also spec in a single role and play mostly one champ, or play a "class" of similar champions.

You can also play whatever but it must work for the role, like as support going off meta is a problem as your adc will be confused.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

This is going to be so fucking fun. Can't wait. Too bad the music video is crap, but at least it gave me the excuse to watch the old ones.

I haven't been playing or even following the games for at least a year, don't really miss them. But I am going to watch as many Worlds games as I can. It just turns something on in my soul.

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
Burn this game with a thousand jerrycan, this game is a poison for both your mind and your soul.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

This is going to be so fucking fun. Can't wait. Too bad the music video is crap, but at least it gave me the excuse to watch the old ones.

I haven't been playing or even following the games for at least a year, don't really miss them. But I am going to watch as many Worlds games as I can. It just turns something on in my soul.

The music was crap (as always) but the video retelling of Deft’s story was fantastic, I thought. And a no brainer as topic, last year’s world was probably the best ever both in terms of narratives AND games.

And yeah, the format is much better this year, though I’d still prefer something like the new MSI format.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Can we please not post spoilers without spoiler tags? General statements like that are fine, but I don't want to have to avoid this thread. It's enough having to not go on youtube when I'm not caught up on games.

BTW, I've just watched a game with my 7 years old daughter, and she loved it.

hajro

Arbiter
NOOOO not spoilers about the Aeon of Strife Style Fortress Assault Game Going On Two Sides assblasted toddler game with sandbaggin "fake " pro play.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Spoiler alert: At most 2, but likely only 1 Western team make it to quarters and then lose immediately, while a Korean team or the Chinese team with most Koreans will win it all.

I haven't followed LoL at all in a few years, but quick glance at the wiki makes this seem most likely.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Spoiler alert: At most 2, but likely only 1 Western team make it to quarters and then lose immediately, while a Korean team or the Chinese team with most Koreans will win it all.

I haven't followed LoL at all in a few years, but quick glance at the wiki makes this seem most likely.

This has been the norm in the last few season.

Only Western team that looks good is G2 but nobody is giving them any real chance against top Eastern teams in series.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Right now G2 is one of only 4 teams that are 2-0 in the Swiss. The odds that they make semis are probably better than they get knocked out in quarters. As always, it's a toss-up that depends on the draw though, since RIOT refuses to implement a loser's bracket.

They won't get further than semis, though.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron

Right now G2 is one of only 4 teams that are 2-0 in the Swiss. The odds that they make semis are probably better than they get knocked out in quarters. As always, it's a toss-up that depends on the draw though, since RIOT refuses to implement a loser's bracket.

I dont think they will get to semis, they got lucky playing versus DK which is the worst Korean team and Weibo the worst Chinese team that had massive lead and inted. In bo5 I can only see them beating a Western team or DK.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I dont think they will get to semis, they got lucky playing versus DK which is the worst Korean team and Weibo the worst Chinese team that had massive lead and inted. In bo5 I can only see them beating a Western team or DK.

Getting to semis is luck of the draw because of no loser’s bracket. If they don’t draw JDG or Gen G, they have a shot at it, and if they don’t draw those two or BLG/LNG they will almost certainly make it IMO.

Their drafts today were atrocious, hopefully they’re not going to do that again. They lost game 1 to Gen G to draft, not to play.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron

Getting to semis is luck of the draw because of no loser’s bracket. If they don’t draw JDG or Gen G, they have a shot at it, and if they don’t draw those two or BLG/LNG they will almost certainly make it IMO.

Their drafts today were atrocious, hopefully they’re not going to do that again. They lost game 1 to Gen G to draft, not to play.

Even if G2 wins draft there is still the skill diff. I just cant see G2 winning bo5 against also either KT, T1 or Weibo, they can get a win or two but a series no.

To be fair they have a slightly better chance against Weibo since they are known to int.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Even if G2 wins draft there is still the skill diff. I just cant see G2 winning bo5 against also either KT, T1 or Weibo, they can get a win or two but a series no.

To be fair they have a slightly better chance against Weibo since they are known to int.

They can 100% beat Weibo (they just did) and T1 is looking so out of sorts anything is possible with them

markec

Twitterbot
Patron

They can 100% beat Weibo (they just did) and T1 is looking so out of sorts anything is possible with them
Weibo had a won game on their hands and thats still with TheShy inting early game, only for entire team to int late game. Weibo is a team that will do that, play so poorly one game that even worst LPL teams would crush them. But they were also a only team in LPL that beat JDG in series. Weibo in bo1 can lose to anyone but in series they play much better and I cant see G2 beating them in quarters.

And yes T1 is out of sorts and in my opinion G2 does have bigger chance against them then other Easter teams (with exception of DK). But still its a team with a very high ceiling (they have potential to be the best team in the world) so I still think that in a series they will perform better.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It ain't white boy day, is it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom