Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So if I did baalruns, that mean runewords were already there?
Maybe I didn't want to bother myself with them, maybe they were just introduced.
Anyway, I remember FO was for sure better than slowpokish Blizzard, that was logical.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Generic-Giant-Spider (*WESTBOROBAPTISTCHURCH) has joined our world. Diablo's minions grow stronger.
D2LEGIT.COM ~* BEST PRICES INSTANT DELIVERY NOW ACCEPTING CRYPTOCURRENCY. D2LEGIT.COM FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS. NEVER QUIT, SHOP LEGIT.
D2LEGIT.COM ~* BEST PRICES INSTANT DELIVERY NOW ACCEPTING CRYPTOCURRENCY. D2LEGIT.COM FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS. NEVER QUIT, SHOP LEGIT.
Generic-Giant-Spider (*WESTBOROBAPTISTCHURCH) has left our world. Diablo's minions weaken.

Playing a poison necro solo. In nightmare now.

I wouldn't say it's "hard", because I do a lot of damage. I just have to play very actively, switching between poison nova/explode and lower resist constantly in fights and moving around. It's a lot of fun.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I played around with the Remaster a bit (It's on the high seas) but by the time I reached Act III I kinda wondered "Why am I doing this again?"
I finished the game with Path of Diablo and frankly enjoyed the added QoL features more than I am enjoying the basic D2 LoD systems.

I will however say that Diablo 2 at least has very good pacing. Similar games like Titan Quest and Grim Dawn are just TOO DAMN LONG, especially when you have to play all of it thrice.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Playing a poison necro solo. In nightmare now.

I wouldn't say it's "hard", because I do a lot of damage. I just have to play very actively, switching between poison nova/explode and lower resist constantly in fights and moving around. It's a lot of fun.

I picked Sorc purely on the "less button presses" principle, why you picked necr?

That one does look very slightly better than the one in game.

It has very slight but noticeable manly facial features around nose and lips? so still looks like cut&sew 41% type.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Going through and rebalancing things, I noticed this:
Code:
drehya 512 drehya 
0 Drehya drehya 
human Npc 
XS

Who is Drehya?

Olinser

Savant
Going through and rebalancing things, I noticed this:
Code:
drehya 512 drehya
0 Drehya drehya
human Npc
XS

Who is Drehya?

It's the NPC you meet at the river that was frozen by Nihlathak. There's a few NPCs that aren't officially 'named' that you can see normally, but they have names in the game code. From modders that are way more savvy than myself, my understanding is that there are actually a few runewords/items/NPCs that have DIFFERENT names in the code than in the game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I will however say that Diablo 2 at least has very good pacing. Similar games like Titan Quest and Grim Dawn are just TOO DAMN LONG, especially when you have to play all of it thrice.
Grim Dawn can be finished in 2 hours if you rush to the end boss. I'm not sure about Titan Quest because I haven't tried rushing it, but I can check a speedrun and add an hour on top for non-speedrunners.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Grim Dawn is a boring slog. That 2 hours boss rush must be possible due to some bug and exploit. Normal gameplay is dozens of hours of snoozfest.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Grim Dawn is a boring slog. That 2 hours boss rush must be possible due to some bug and exploit. Normal gameplay is dozens of hours of snoozfest.
No bugs or exploits, you just go directly to the end boss because you aren't required to do any other quest. If it's your first character, however, you also have to collect some scrap and explosives in order to fix the bridge and blow up the landslide blocking the main path in act 2 zones. I doubt you'll want to rush like this on your first char, though, so you'll have plenty of explosives and scrap for other difficulties or characters. You can also buy difficulty unlock tokens and start at level 1 on Ultimate.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Grim Dawn can be finished in 2 hours if you rush to the end boss. I'm not sure about Titan Quest because I haven't tried rushing it, but I can check a speedrun and add an hour on top for non-speedrunners.

You CAN rush to the boss to finish the act/difficulty but that doesn't mean you should. You just end up in the next difficulty underleveled and underequipped.

Lacrymas

Arcane
You CAN rush to the boss to finish the act/difficulty but that doesn't mean you should. You just end up in the next difficulty underleveled and underequipped.
Elite and Ultimate have extensive scaling, so you won't be underleveled. Undergeared maybe, but you can compensate.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
They're called Ubers in english as well. They were added in Patch 1.11, released August 13, 2005.

Dyskolos

Cipher
Huh, yeah, last time I played D2 was 2001, at worst 2002.

Same with me. It's oddly disorienting being more and more unsure as I go whether I'm running into something I'd forgotten in the last 20 years or something that was patched in way after I'd quit playing.

That's a long, long time considering the map is fixed, you know exactly where to go, and you are skipping 80% of the content players would normally complete for permanent stat increases or constellation points. Compare this to Diablo where a speed run is doing about 80% of the content a normal player would do and is primarily slowed down by the need to level and search the maps for the path.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom