Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Touhou Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - Expansion Disk Translation Now Available, Too

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The japanese people just don't like money. When Desunoya released Tobari on steam and after seeing all these touhou fangames come years later I thought maybe Desunoya's catalogue would be coming but they never intended to release anything except for Tobari and ReversexReverse which is really sad because they're a top tier platformer dev. Unlike LoT, there's not a whole lot of text to translate in a platformer, but they still won't bother. Ah, sad.

It's not like they need to translate their games to release on a western digital store anyway. Zun opted to release his shmups with no translations and leave it to fanpatches. LoT could just release untranslated and we could mod the translation for a steam version.

Suicidal

Arcane
On one hand, I want to buy it to support devs making it accessible to westerners, on the other hand, I don't want to buy it cause I don't want to support devs not translating their game and expecting westerners to buy it anyway.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The japanese people just don't like money. When Desunoya released Tobari on steam and after seeing all these touhou fangames come years later I thought maybe Desunoya's catalogue would be coming but they never intended to release anything except for Tobari and ReversexReverse which is really sad because they're a top tier platformer dev. Unlike LoT, there's not a whole lot of text to translate in a platformer, but they still won't bother. Ah, sad.

It's not like they need to translate their games to release on a western digital store anyway. Zun opted to release his shmups with no translations and leave it to fanpatches. LoT could just release untranslated and we could mod the translation for a steam version.

Looks like they listened to Lutte!

Which is a bit of a shame they're not translating it, especially as someone has already done all the work. But then again, if they used the fan translation they'd probably want $$$ so I can understand it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From the developer. They were trying to do English translation but the estimated cost was too much :shrug:

j2alg

Educated
I actually preferred the first game's way of giving you a game over when you wipe in the dungeons, the sequel throws you back to town with barely any punishment, you just lose your chain.

Suicidal

Arcane
IMO, it doesn't really matter in this game cause it's not designed like a typical dungeon crawler. It's more about figuring out how to beat bosses than surviving in the dungeon and bosses are the only thing you are likely to wipe on. Bosses also always have a teleport point next to them so the "go back to town on death" is a means of saving time more than anything.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The more expanded edition is finally coming to Steam. No official English support though.

This is out now.

Apparently fan translation guys are working on a patch for this version. (As this is a port of console release, supposedly has different file structures.)

But it seems CUBETYPE, the publisher, is interested in making the fan patch official if copyright concerns are cleared up: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1131920/discussions/0/3047235309980278396/#c3047235828268660962

Ah, I know the fan's English patch is exist already.
However, I don't know who has the patch's copyright.
So I can't use it.

I might get the some possibility as below in order to translate this game to English.
1) Of course, Steam sells a lot of this game, we can get more happy and the translation fee.
(The translation fee by agency is too expensive as you know...)
2) If I can discuss of fan's English patch's copyright, I might implement into the game.

Hmm....

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They're going to do it: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1131920/discussions/0/3047235309980278396/?ctp=2#c3043858334661287119

Hi, all,

I have finished developing next version1.07 patch which contains key config and etc.
So I can take a time for taking in English translation and I have confirmed my team's agree of developing an English version.

I would like to know below items.
1) Where do I discuss and develop the English translation? Is this Steam board? or more better place? Do you have a recommended?
2) Where do I give you our Japanese text resources? Do you have a recommended?

If you have another proposals, please tell me.

Thanks,

Suicidal

Arcane
I'm definitely gonna buy it once they do the translation. Also this version includes the expansion which I haven't played, although as far as I'm aware both LoT games go way too hard on the grind autism in the expansion content. I remember finishing this game with my characters at around lvl 100 and I watched a guy play the expansion on stream and his characters were around lvl 1000 and the super endgame bosses were like lvl 1500.

I hope that the Steam release goes well for the devs and LoT 3 will also get released on Steam with English translation that we won't have to wait a few years for.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think at least they will keep doing Steam release as they probably did this aiming for Chinese and Taiwan audience. 65 reviews out of 76 reviews are written in Chinese.

Suicidal

Arcane
You may be right, but I'm sure this game would have more English reviews and general exposure if it didn't have "English language not supported" written in big orange letters.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Finally, an indie japanese dev who doesn't shun money. Take it! Take all my moneyz.

j2alg

Educated
Well that's remarkable
now if only Strawberry Bose would rise from the dead...

Suicidal

Arcane
Once the English version is out I'm planning to buy it for myself and also gonna gift a copy to my friend whom I've told about the game and who has shown interest but not enough to spend money on it.

Time to support actual incline.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Whats new compared to original? Did not find much info from google

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It's out now. https://steamcommunity.com/games/1131920/announcements/detail/3017966986334827922

v1.10 has been released! Finally, English version is supported!

Hi, all.
We have released the English version of Labyrinth of Touhou!
You can play English now.
And Trading cards and some community items are released too.

Please enjoy!

English logo and trailer even.

capsule_616x353.jpg

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bought, more as a show of support than anything as I played the fan translation for a long time and it's a fantastic game. Will get round to another playthrough next time I'm in the mood for a crawler.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Nice Shackleton ! I'm going to buy it to support too probably. And it's definitely on my list to play sometime, sounds like it's an amazing crawler. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom