Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't get the Kiwi Farms hate. Internet drama is fun to read about and they actively discourage their members from getting involved with the people they talk about. I think the saying there is something like "don't stick your finger in the poo". If you don't want to be made fun of on the internet, don't be a weirdo on the internet. Simple as.

you can rationalize it all you want, but going out of your way to dehumanize others because of the skeletons in their closet while having your own (spoilers: everyone has them) only works against you

It takes quite a bit of effort in order to become an exceptional individual on KF. You can't reach it by simply being an awkward basement dweller, an ugly incel and what the like. Lolcows transcend these mortal norms. And besides, a decent portion of KF is dedicated solely to internet personalities and other celebrity wannabees.

ehh, yes and no. there's threads about people that are unexceptional except for the fact that they're an edgy asshole or whatever

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
If I can't say my favorite cowardly words here anonymously people won't know how tough and cool I wish I was. Fucking pathetic.

Set an example for us and self-dox, pussy.
How fucking stupid are you?

I don't need to self-dox, I did it years ago. I am Qui-Gon Glenn, my IMDB has been posted here... Come at me bro, I'll get your bitch-labeled plane tickets. :smug:

laclongquan

Arcane
That's not freedom, that's a walking dead. What kind of living person not feeling negative emotions when some motherfucker insult them on the Net?

No, true personal freedom is you being able to insult someone on the Net knowing that if that bugger feeling mad enough, he can hire hacker to trace your ass follow the line and hire a lithuanian hitman for your head.

i wouldn't call having restraint and being emotionally numb the same thing

you don't give whoever is bugging you the pleasure of what they want
So you refuse to be a living person just so you can deny a Net troll their pleasure....

That price is something I refuse to pay~

the only sacrifice you're really required to make is an ounce of mental effort reinforcing the idea that words on a computer screen have no effect on you

So you would refuse to be moved by writings in games and novels just so you can deny some Net trolls their pleasure...
I dont know mang. You dont seem to be a gamer or reader. What are you doing here?

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't feel bad for him. He's still posting in this thread then deleting his posts immediately (two minutes) after having posted them.

I'm banning him from replying to this thread for having done so, btw.

Edit the titles of his threads to make them about violently overthrowing the Australian government, sabotaging military facilities on the eve of the Chink invasion, etc.

Oberon

Learned
YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF

iu

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
everyone and their mom hated furries circa 2009-2010 and it was what the cool kids did or whatever. it doesn't make in context because it seems to be comparable to being a trekkie or whatever: it's just a nerd thing

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
there's deviants in any group lol
The entire history of fur faggery is rooted in deviants. It started with sex conventions where people would dress up in fur suits and auction each other off and all sorts of other sick shit. Fur faggotry is 100% sexual and deviant. I watched a great video on this recently but I'll be damned if I can remember the channel or name of the video. Have something even more horrific instead

edit: I think I found the video. Pretty sure it was this one:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
nerd niches will always attract a certain type of person like moths to a flame. there's a reason why you stonewall these type of people

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
if you put it like that, that makes sense - i've loosely compared it to certain concepts from native american mysticism, although i cannot shake the observation that certain extreme niches will always have a certain type of person that doesn't help themselves and always engages with certain vices

Vatnik Wumao
i've loosely compared it to certain concepts from native american mysticism
You don't have to go that far to find parallels to other (sub)cultures. The modern LGBT community is the same sort of thing and it creates the same sort of obnoxious people that have to proclaim their sexual mores in public all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom