Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Robber Baron

Savant
Who's the audience of these "patches" and "updates"? How much can you play the same act over and over again?

Sharpedge

Prophet
I have absolute trust in Swen and in Larian to outdo everyone in terms of cringe on the market. They will put everyone to shame including my favorte trash fanfiction writers from Owlcat.

Larian has a specific kind of autistic retard style writing based around most gross and unwanted parts of any rpg narrative, and they have the money to fully voice act, and animate, it all. BG3 would produce cringe memes for years and topple Bethesda and Bioware.

The popularity would amplify these processes, and just like devs tried to emulated Larian by shoving full vo everywhere; it would hurt generations of RPGs for years to come.

Shadenuat this isn't quite what you had in mind, but:

If you like the sound of meat hitting meat (stop giggling), then you’ll love the latest addition to your arsenal - the equippable Salami. Yes, they can be dual wielded.
If you like the sound of meat hitting meat (stop giggling)
:prosper:
the equippable Salami. Yes, they can be dual wielded.
the equippable Salami
:prosper::prosper::prosper:

"Ha ha, why don't you like Larian's humor? Their games are just about a light-hearted kind of fun"

Next thing you know, you have equippable salami in Baldur's Gate.

I swear to God, if the equippable salami has a unique animation when you use the Dip action to put it on fire, I will ask for a refund.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Seriously, who is the audience for this shit?

The same audience larian has always catered to. This isn't anything new. This is larian. If you or anyone you know are just realizing it or you've been a fan up until this point and this is somehow the wake up call, you need to take a good look in the mirror and realize just how bad your taste is and always has been.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>I can't wait to roleplay as the Salami Swami from Powerpuff Girls.
Dude. I fukin' luv the powerpuff girls. Loved watching that show as a kid. You seen their movie? The one with the origins of mojo jojo? Has an epic monkey fight. God. It's been so many years. I need to rewatch the movie. One of my all time favorites.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was half kidding, half not, really. I mean, it would be pretty amazing to be able to use *absolutely anything* as a weapon (in case you want to), but at the same time, this brings back memories of when I was a teen and there were all those pictures with "if something doesn't work, throw a shark at it". Patently stupid(?). But funny.

As I said before, about everything that Swen is doing: if people are having fun, who are you to judge?

Maybe it's gigglesnorty that you can beat the game dual-wielding salamis, until someone actually does it and has fun. :)

There are only 2 things of relevance in that equation: you and the PC; and PC doesn't care.

Larianshill

Arbiter
We can't wait to hear what you think about all the spells at your disposal...

All 15 of them (at level 20). only eight of which wizard can't learn, and only one unique to the class.

kt8Kdbj.jpeg

Thonius

Arcane
Sorc? 60gb? Yawn. One class that's barely different from the basic wizard, sure there are bloodlines but every bloodline starts giving cool shit after lvl 12. Wings could be cool in bg3 but that's so fucking late in the game it won't matter.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I wonder if his design will wildly clash with everyone else's. BG1-2 had a very, very unique way every character looked and dressed (it wasn't good, but it was unique), that has been lost to time.

Thonius

Arcane
Isn't 5e sorc just a worse wizard?
Ye, it's mod material at best. Just take a look at PFK call of the wild mod added 6 gorrilion of classes and they work. So, adding the class is not a problem at all what's difficult as in man-hours is adding CnC and so forth. And since they insist on voiced dialogs this shit starts to bloat.
Furthermore, the wizard is already a soiled class in DnD5, it's akin to arcanist in pathfinder. A mix of Wizzard from dnd3 and sorc.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Actually, chaos bolt is not a PHB spell, so it probably won't be in the game.

Edit: Oh, I realize you meant Enhance Ability.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
At this point I'm sure that they're keeping the Paladin class for the actual release, so they can rekindle interest from the large masses. Because, as everyone knows, it's the best and most popular class.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom