Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mauman

Learned
Today I learned that there's a happy ending for, of all people,
Minahgo.
And I can say with 100% certainty that I will never see it, cuz FUCK that person. Death is the least of what that piece of shit deserves.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dumb game require dumb strategies, absurd stat blocks require cheese .

Agreed. I honestly believe that OwlCat should adapt a a lv 1~15 AP or a retroclone next. And if they adapt "rise of the runelords, let Cris write a lot about sin magic. I love magic mainly when there is story behind the magic. Just imagine how cool if Paizo allow Chris Avellone to change the story behind the runelords and make it canon. And imagine if they hire Pierre to make the AI of the runelords and they become really nasty enemies. That would be the ideal third pathfinder adventure IMO.

someone will say it said:
But you keep hating dungeons & kobolds and say that wanna high level adventures

And yes, I like high level adventures, however, is not easy to make a great high level adventure. The keep defense in late game of NWN2 OC and MoTB expansion and NWN:HotU are exceptions. They are great high level adventures, but most high level adventures aren't great. When I saw low level conjurers in Wrath using things like invisibility + conjure monster, I was expecting that the demon lords would have really nasty combos, not that they would just rely on stat inflation to be deadly.

Also, lv 15 is not low level in PF1e. Adult Red Dragons are CR 13. If you can go in dragon hunting, you are not low level. lv 12 in a game like Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, lv 12 in AD&D 2e and in D&D 5E are completely different things. In ASS&S, a Barbarian is expected to be a chieftain at lv 8. You have greater daemons with 8 hit dices and tier 6 spells are not weak. A lv 11 cryomancer can summon icebergs, high hit dice(8) ice daemons(gnoph-yikk), which can turn against the caster if he is unlucky, disintegrate or freeze the enemy heart. You don't need to have endless rains of meteors to have cool magic.

Last edited:

Aarwolf

Learned
Bros, I have been filtered
Threshold was some difficulty spike compared to ch.5 which was mostly - buff, select all, click to attack.
I haven't finished the shit yet, but I'm curious about how to do the Komenza-whatever, lightning balor fight. I beat the fight, but I had to resort to some massive cheese.
He just spams lightning spells non stop so no protection from energy spells helps, but that's not the main problem because I could wreck him fast enough for it not to matter.
The problem is the Vavakia vanguard that insta fears everyone no questions asked. Only got him because my merc AT cast scorching ray at him just as he killed her. :)

Vavakia is the worst here, all my toons were running like headless chickens when I first encountered it, it was one of the hardest fights for me, way worse than that with Areelu.

Oh yeah, storyteller added a whole new difficultly level to the second fight since he spammed shout all over the map, so fuck him, he deserves getting stabbed by the eternal blade barrier.

If you have meta knowledge and you know what to expect, you're good, but enduring it for the first time was hard. I even tried to kill/stun him, but to no avail and he trashed my whole party, the crazed old fuck.

On the other note: no hotfix today. Yet.

This is either OK or very, very bad.

This is very bad, the game crashed for me four times in a row for the first time in over 350 hours.

Minahgo.
And I can say with 100% certainty that I will never see it, cuz FUCK that person. Death is the least of what that piece of shit deserves.

If you go azata she can have lesbo romance with brothel keeper from demon town. But I don't think that eternal life in agonizing pain caused by Baphomet's mark on her face (she literally tells you she howls from pain every time she's alone) is worse than death.

Mauman

Learned
Minahgo.

If you go azata she can have lesbo romance with brothel keeper from demon town. But I don't think that eternal life in agonizing pain caused by Baphomet's mark on her face (she literally tells you she howls from pain every time she's alone) is worse than death.

Yup, and I can tell you if I ever get around to playing Azata (it's like my 5th pick), that THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Death for her. DEATH DEATH DEATH.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

And yes, I like high level adventures, however, is not easy to make a great high level adventure. The keep defense in late game of NWN2 OC and MoTB expansion and NWN:HotU are exceptions. They are great high level adventures, but most high level adventures aren't great. When I saw low level conjurers in Wrath using things like invisibility + conjure monster, I was expecting that the demon lords would have really nasty combos, not that they would just rely on stat inflation to be deadly.

Also, lv 15 is not low level in PF1e. Adult Red Dragons are CR 13. If you can go in dragon hunting, you are not low level. lv 12 in a game like Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, lv 12 in AD&D 2e and in D&D 5E are completely different things. In ASS&S, a Barbarian is expected to be a chieftain at lv 8. You have greater daemons with 8 hit dices and tier 6 spells are not weak. A lv 11 cryomancer can summon icebergs, high hit dice(8) ice daemons(gnoph-yikk), which can turn against the caster if he is unlucky, disintegrate or freeze the enemy heart. You don't need to have endless rains of meteors to have cool magic.

So... kobolds are bad, but named kobolds with class levels are ok, as long as the class levels aren't too high... and an adventure where you fight Kurtulmak is right out?

Just trying to pin you down on the sliding scale of dungeons and kobolds.

Aarwolf

Learned
Yup, and I can tell you if I ever get around to playing Azata (it's like my 5th pick), that THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

So you are truly merciful my kind sir :obviously:

I let her live in endless pain, as she deserves.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Lmao I can't wait to see what shit they pull out for the first DLC, the one that's post-main campaign. Cause they'll design it with the expectation that your MC is a minmaxed Mythic Demigod with a cohort of powerleved party members.

At least it'll have some stuff to actually use those Level 10 Spells on.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

So... kobolds are bad, but named kobolds with class levels are ok, as long as the class levels aren't too high... and an adventure where you fight Kurtulmak is right out?

Just trying to pin you down on the sliding scale of dungeons and kobolds.

I call the low level sword coast adventure "dungeons & kobolds" which is sadly over 95% of the TT games played this day and age. Having to survive the harsh Athasian desert as a mere lv 3 character is quite far from "dungeons & kobolds", I don't call all low level D&D adventures "dungeons & kobolds", only the most generic ones. I just don't get. There are so many amazing places in D&D multiverse, why everyone only plays in sword coast?

At least it'll have some stuff to actually use those Level 10 Spells on.

Wait. There is lv 10 spells? I can only see up to 9 in my lich/cruoromancer spellbook.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I call the low level sword coast adventure "dungeons & kobolds" which is sadly over 95% of the TT games played this day and age. Having to survive the harsh Athasian desert as a mere lv 3 character is quite far from "dungeons & kobolds", I don't call all low level D&D adventures "dungeons & kobolds", only the most generic ones. I just don't get. There are so many amazing places in D&D multiverse, why everyone only plays in sword coast?
And that is why you should cherish Owlcat Games creations.

In the modern world no one is able to keep a party involved enough for a high level campaign. Or literate enough to understand complex interactions between more and more feats and spells. Hell, even here - in narrow autistic (or elitist) environment - the most cannot count or read.

So the only way for you to experience any kind of epic journey is a CRPG. Owlcat Games - so far - are ready to deliver. However, if they change gears to lower level campaigns then you will have to wait for another "owlcat" to have any high level adventure.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
After 5 hours loading a save to get chance of passing the 43DC on Nocticula fight.. Still a garbage fight. Fuck you Olwcat. :M It's somehow even worse because she can use Dispel and attack 8 times in a turn with chance of stagger , confusion and dropping your WIS stats on top of that. :M

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And that is why you should cherish Owlcat Games creations.

In the modern world no one is able to keep a party involved enough for a high level campaign. Or literate enough to understand complex interactions between more and more feats and spells. Hell, even here - in narrow autistic (or elitist) environment - the most cannot count or read.

So the only way for you to experience any kind of epic journey is a CRPG. Owlcat Games - so far - are ready to deliver. However, if they change gears to lower level campaigns then you will have to wait for another "owlcat" to have any high level adventure.

And I love OwlCat. But I still believe that the end game of both OwlCat games has too much bloat and I would prefer if this demon lords was nasty due powerful combos and smart AI, not due stat bloat. I would pick a very bloated OwlCat game over BG3 any day.

I'm just saying that OwlCat could be even better.

After 5 hours loading a save to get chance of passing the 43DC on Nocticula fight.. Still a garbage fight. Fuck you Olwcat. :M It's somehow even worse because she can use Dispel and attack 8 times in a turn with chance of stagger , confusion and dropping your WIS stats on top of that. :M

The mythic ability which i recommended din't worked?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
The mythic ability which i recommended din't worked?

Nope, Sosiel and my character couldn't use the Mythic power for some reason.. It simple doesn't work, it was worthless.. I went to story mode, pass her check then back to Core and look, when you don't have bullshit aura AOE CC, that fight isn't that hard.

Zero regrets. I hate that encounter with a burning passion of ten thousand suns.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Zero regrets. I hate that encounter with a burning passion of ten thousand suns.
It's legitimately one of the most broken abilities in the game, if not the most broken one, since it ignores immunity to mind altering effects. Thankfully you only need to pass the save once, and then you're immune for the rest of the fight. But fuck whoever at Paizo thought that doing a 43 DC CHA based fortitude save is a good idea.

Granted, it makes sense that the first of the succubi is a menace when it comes to not being charmed/controlled and become a blabbering fool. The fight with her priestess in the midnight fane already "prepared" you for the bullshit that is to come when you're actually fighting her, and I personally appreciate that she is the only demon lord in the game that doesn't just flop over. But fuck that fight. Made me glad I decided to ally with her, and killing Shamira and asking Nocticula for more power as a reward puts you at Mythic 10 immediately after completing that quest (on top of having the +6/+4 profane bonus already), which makes Act 5 much more enjoyable.

I was a bit disappointed by how much of a joke that entire fight is when you side with her, though, as all the traitors trying to go through with the coup will just get charmed by her (with the exception of the assassin dude) while she rapidfires everyone to bits and pieces in 2-3 turns. I would've expected Shamira to put up more of a fight.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Made me glad I decided to ally with her, and killing Shamira and asking Nocticula for more power as a reward puts you at Mythic 10 immediately after completing that quest (on top of having the +6/+4 profane bonus already), which makes Act 5 much more enjoyable.

Honestly, after defeating her.. I think siding with her is just better. Less frustating, early Mythic path level 10 and even get to get ''romance'' scene or whatever..

I was a bit disappointed by how much of a joke that entire fight is when you side with her, though, as all the traitors trying to go through with the coup will just get charmed by her (with the exception of the assassin dude) while she rapidfires everyone to bits and pieces in 2-3 turns. I would've expected Shamira to put up more of a fight.

Shamira is total weakling. If you actually, somehow, kill Nocticula , she's a pathetic fight that you can legit 1 turn kill..

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I think i somehow softlocked my game because Shamira got dominated and now won't attack me.. And the fight will never end.. unless she pass a 45 DC check of WILL save...
Lol

Mauman

Learned
I think i somehow softlocked my game because Shamira got dominated and now won't attack me.. And the fight will never end.. unless she pass a 45 DC check of WILL save...
Lol

Can you force kill her? Like using an attack action like vital strike or magic? Hell even charge can be used on friendlies.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Minahgo.

Spiritual trivia:
RPG players of all people should know the best that a death is no punishment. Curse that makes one smelling 100 kobold's socks for a year every time they even think of doing a similar thing is. Or a curse that makes one get a diarrhorea everytime they think of doing a similar thing for a few years. Or a curse that makes the demon smile and say: "Thank you, you are most kind and I am in your debt." everytime they want do do something evil or intimidate someone.

Last edited:

Mauman

Learned
Spiritual trivia:
RPG players of all people should know the best that a death is no punishment. Curse that makes one smelling 100 kobold's socks for a year every time they even think of doing a similar thing is. Or a curse that makes one get a diarrhorea everytime they think of doing a similar things is for a few years. Or a curse that makes demon smile and say: "Thank you, you are most kind and I am in your debt." everytime they want do do something evil or intimidate someone.

But that doesn't happen. She literally get's a happy ending.

NOT ON MY WATCH.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Anyone else getting the game freeze and go unresponsive during encounters in Iz? Can't even exit the program with task manager and have to power off my PC, which also seems to heat up when this lock happens.

Not had this occur before the latest patch, but it's happened repeatedly during the fight at the top of the map near the 2 trap with the patrolling demos there, and against the resurrecting Mythic Deskari locust demon things when they try to respawn.

Sunri

Liturgist
Spiritual trivia:
RPG players of all people should know the best that a death is no punishment. Curse that makes one smelling 100 kobold's socks for a year every time they even think of doing a similar thing is. Or a curse that makes one get a diarrhorea everytime they think of doing a similar things is for a few years. Or a curse that makes demon smile and say: "Thank you, you are most kind and I am in your debt." everytime they want do do something evil or intimidate someone.

But that doesn't happen. She literally get's a happy ending.

NOT ON MY WATCH.
Yea but if you spare her you will see stauton again he will be so butthurt that he will come back from the grave lol

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Minaghofu is the best waifu the game can offer.

Sunri use spoiler tags

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom