Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paizo employee attempt to unionize and new store

Bara

Arcane
Most of you probably saw the banner link already on drivethrurpg but apparently Paizo's doing the 5e dmsguild thing to make money off your third party creations for Pathfinder.

Don't get why people would put up stuff there to make less but hey works for wotc so people will do it.

Also in general piazo news they fired two people in HR or customer support apparently and now they're getting accused for hostile work environment and what not.

Bara

Arcane
Going by roll20 reports not sure if its a 2e pathfinder is a flop but its definitely played less than the 1e version

3.4% of all games on roll20 is 1e and 1.8% is 2e. (.7% for star-finder)

orrreport-2021-q22.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane
Going by roll20 reports not sure if its a 2e pathfinder is a flop but its definitely played less than the 1e version

3.4% of all games on roll20 is 1e and 1.8% is 2e. (.7% for star-finder)

While PF2 is definitely a flop, these percentages have been established as worthless. They're calculated on public games (almost all are private and the group is formed elsewhere) ever created on the platform, and doesn't require uniqueness of participants, which at best are effectively measured off "looking for group" on a site that doesn't really cater to LFG posts.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
9b8036d432608d1833927fd1e6b1174d9e77f508.png

They have formed a union, and one of their first demands is to hire a diversity officer. It is like cancer cells voting for more cancer. :M

You want to know how to stop this? Fire all of the freelancers. Since Washington state is an at will state the owners can fire everyone in the office without cause. If I was the owners I would fire them all and hire people that aren't SJW commies.

Codex Year of the Donut
9b8036d432608d1833927fd1e6b1174d9e77f508.png

They have formed a union, and one of their first demands is to hire a diversity officer. It is like cancer cells voting for more cancer. :M
I wish there was an easy way to tag all the lefties on codex so I can laugh at them about how fucking worthless unions are

actually, not worthless. Actively harmful.

Codex Year of the Donut
https://unitedpaizoworkers.org/2021/10/15/united-paizo-workers-says-trans-rights/
upw_tpflag.jpg

United Paizo Workers Says Trans Rights
Published by Organizing Committee on October 15, 2021
Some of you have noticed that in our announcements about the formation of United Paizo Workers (UPW), we haven’t gone into detail about the accusations toward Paizo leadership that have circulated over the past month. This isn’t because we don’t believe them or don’t take them seriously; instead, our focus has been on building momentum and sharing the positives the union will bring to our team.

That being said, we have had some folks ask where we stand on the allegations of transphobia at Paizo. We’d like to take a moment to state firmly that UPW is a pro-trans union, with a fair number of trans people on the roster, including in the organizing committee. We believe unionizing is the best way forward to protecting trans employees (and all employees) at Paizo, and we regard all accusations of transphobia with the utmost seriousness. No one is safe and represented until we all are, and that’s what forming a union is all about.

Thank you all so much for your tremendous outpouring of love and support over the past couple days. Stay strong and don’t split the party!

United Paizo Workers

Stokowski

Arcane
16.3% Call of Cthulhu? Somewhere hidden away from the world an eldritch abomination is rubbing together its tentacles in glee.

Unrelated image.
image02.jpg

Last edited:

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://unitedpaizoworkers.org/2021/10/15/united-paizo-workers-says-trans-rights/
upw_tpflag.jpg

United Paizo Workers Says Trans Rights
Published by Organizing Committee on October 15, 2021
Some of you have noticed that in our announcements about the formation of United Paizo Workers (UPW), we haven’t gone into detail about the accusations toward Paizo leadership that have circulated over the past month. This isn’t because we don’t believe them or don’t take them seriously; instead, our focus has been on building momentum and sharing the positives the union will bring to our team.

That being said, we have had some folks ask where we stand on the allegations of transphobia at Paizo. We’d like to take a moment to state firmly that UPW is a pro-trans union, with a fair number of trans people on the roster, including in the organizing committee. We believe unionizing is the best way forward to protecting trans employees (and all employees) at Paizo, and we regard all accusations of transphobia with the utmost seriousness. No one is safe and represented until we all are, and that’s what forming a union is all about.

Thank you all so much for your tremendous outpouring of love and support over the past couple days. Stay strong and don’t split the party!

United Paizo Workers
Workers?

Bara

Arcane
Well the Paizo store launched. Everything on there looks pretty bad or is buried beneath it.

I get it just launched but still pretty bland offering. Still no news from Paizo corporate about the strike but I expect them to likely bend over to be the "good guys."

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is the person behind the union, btw, from the union's own website
https://twitter.com/spellsinsugar
image02.jpg

Shay Snow
Shay (they/them)
Agender

WORKERS UNITE AT THE CAFETERIA!

WTF is an indigibabe? I mean, given that it ends in babe, it's a godawful lie, but that's all I know about the statement.

I agree about the they/them though. It'd be impossible to find any genitals to verify either way and Lord help you if you tried.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I agree about the they/them though. It'd be impossible to find any genitals to verify either way and Lord help you if you tried.

Imagine that thing menstruating. How long do you suppose it will take for the blood to find its way through the various layers of fat? Probably something like two weeks before there's a single red dot in their underwear.

No, I have no idea why the thought ever came to me. I'm terribly sorry.

:negative:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WTF is an indigibabe
Could be indignant, indigenous, or indigent, I suppose.

Yeah, I was thinking those. Also possibly indign or indigestible. The latter is almost certainly literally true, as is indignant.

I guess the multilayered meanings are part of the brilliance of this writer(?).
Or maybe we are overthinking it and it is just in digital.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom