Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Lay D Denton - female JC Denton mod for Deus Ex

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Impressive work. So I guess her name is Jessie Christ Denton? I wonder if they changed Manderleys "Jesus Christ denton!" line to reflect this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Aside from looking bad, it also sounds bad.
Nuke it from orbit.

image.png

lightbane

Arcane
nce in a blue moon a new Deus Ex mod emerge
Not what I was expecting, but it's something I guess. HOWEVER, the trailer is missing the most important thing: How does fem-Denton sound when making THE famous one-liners? If she cannot deliver the tone, then that mod is pointless.
What a shame.

Zeriel

Arcane
Not what I was expecting, but it's something I guess. HOWEVER, the trailer is missing the most important thing: How does fem-Denton sound when making THE famous one-liners? If she cannot deliver the tone, then that mod is pointless.
What a shame.

*smacks lips* What a shame.

Also, unlike some here, I have to say this doesn't offend me. The voice lines were so bad they were good territory already so it being "bad" is not really a point of criticism. Sure this probably isn't as funny as the original lines but I can't get mad at it either.

lightbane

Arcane
That's what I was talking about. Now we have to see if Fem-Denton can deliver it well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How will she react to Chad? The original JC was not intimidated by Chad since he had an augmented penis, but what can a female JC do?

I'm interested to see how they dealt with the cocktease Australian girls at the Lucky Money club in Hong Kong.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
So I noticed this got retweeted on the Codex's twitter account. Was that your doing, Roguey?

lightbane

Arcane
Okay, that's good enough, I guess. Needs a compilation of the other Denton memes, like the comebacks he can give to others, such as the one before fighting Simons.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I think it's pointless because regardless of gender Denton would be Denton and sound like Denton, which, married with constant fan butthurt over changing anything, means female actress can't take step left/right without getting shot and make a different unique Denton worthy another playthrough. Like finding her own old cheesy bad Deus Ex kind of voice acting.
So you don't get the "I played male Shepard, now I am going to listen to Jennifer Hale renegade Shepard", but more like "now I will listen to female Denton who sounds like heavy smoker".
No harm done, but no good created either.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
What a shame.

*smacks lips* What a shame.

Also, unlike some here, I have to say this doesn't offend me. The voice lines were so bad they were good territory already so it being "bad" is not really a point of criticism. Sure this probably isn't as funny as the original lines but I can't get mad at it either.
Who are the mysterious people who are "offended" here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom