Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Anybody who voted "Free Speech" over "RPG" is a fucking dipshit. Sorry, this is not up for argument.
It seems you butthurt the local faggots that come to whine about muh rightoids and bask in the attention that brings them.

:excellent:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

madbringer

Arcane
Holy shit, Twinkie. What's up, man?

Hey, dude! Damn, long time no shit, eh?

Must be like 10 years I think? Drop by the shoutbox sometime, it's where I usually chill when I am drunk and bored. Good to see you're still kicking.
Old people have one or two really clear days before they kick the bucket,God gives them the time to say their farewells.

Dude I'm like 13

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Holy shit, Twinkie. What's up, man?

Hey, dude! Damn, long time no shit, eh?

Must be like 10 years I think? Drop by the shoutbox sometime, it's where I usually chill when I am drunk and bored. Good to see you're still kicking.
Old people have one or two really clear days before they kick the bucket,God gives them the time to say their farewells.

Dude I'm like 13
Kodexian years are like cat years,one for seven. Sooo you are 91....fuck that is old....cheers old man.

:martini:

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
The sad truth of the matter is that many people here who claim to be pro-freedom of speech don’t actually want a free speech forum. If they were to take power, they’d ban all homos and turn the Codex into a right wing Christian theocracy.
Supporting freedom of speech is important and a state should always have it but potentially facing charges so edgy people can joust against their chosen windmill is a dumb path for an RPG forum to take. In my opinion, the Codex should remain the Codex, which is an RPG forum first and whatever else second. As soon as it's identity of being a ''free speech forum'' is declared, it will attract the same brain damaged crowd that ruins other ''free speech'' forums. Nothing religion-related about it.

Lycra Suit

Prophet
Possibly Retarded
I'm not one to judge because I got baited into having most of my posting here land in the politics section but why the fuck does it even exist in the first place?

Is that even a responsibility/burden you want to carry, on your own, for no compensation whatsoever, in this day and age with so many low functioning psychos hypnotizing one another online?

I'm genuinely curious about how people like you DarkUnderlord think. Do politics have anything to do with your personal hobby, the reason why you created this website? Do you recognize yourself in all the edgy posting, borderline or unrepentant racism, neo-nazism, calls to violence against other groups...?

Are you ready to potentially bite the bullet one day for anonymous sociopaths who will just move on to another poorly moderated website to shitpost and leave you to deal with the real life consequences on your own? Most countries have hate speech laws, most countries prosecute people who host online communities where direct calls to violence are left unmoderated. You apparently live in that kind of country.
Even if you assume that hosting the website in the USA is enough to cover your ass for now, and it might be, does it add anything of value to your life to have the risk of that loophole eventually be investigated/disregarded by Australian authorities?

Do you want to wake up one day reading headlines about a "far-right neonazi Roleplaying video game website hosted by mr. X living at XXXX Bogan str." where new mass shooter of the week #95832 posted daily about his hatred for Jews, Mexicans and Homosexuals?
The fuck do you gain from it?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Majority of people voted free speech, lol wtf?

That being said, I’m fine with these results
:hero:

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
Yeah, nations die because the people in power lead the retarded peasants to their deaths, who passively accept it. What exactly do you think you can do about that? Imagine thinking the health of ‘society’ and ‘nations’ is the most important thing in life, and that their fates rest upon a bunch of lonely nerds on an internet forum.
In traditional metaphysics there is no contradiction since material reality and spirit is composite. Healthy society requires spirit to be in order. Animal rapists are possessed by bad genii or djinn.
The material world is a manifestation of spiritual reality, they aren't ‘composite’. Society's purpose is to support humanity, not the other way around. For most people, whose mode of living heavily involves contributing to society, the fulfillment of their natural vocations is what will produce a good society. However, that is only really a secondary effect of one's own path of self-realization. One does not necessarily need to engage with such if they are not truly inclined, and it is in fact better for people more suited to such to do so instead. Believing the prolongation of the human race or one's own culture to be the highest purpose in life is itself a degeneration. It may surely be the highest purpose for certain kinds of people, but it is not so overall. This kind of thinking is just another part of modernity's rejection of anything higher than secularized vaishya values (and that's only at best).

Also I don't rape animals, your mom does.

FBYuubKWQAI234s

Semiurge

Cipher
I'm not one to judge because I got baited into having most of my posting here land in the politics section but why the fuck does it even exist in the first place?

Is that even a responsibility/burden you want to carry, on your own, for no compensation whatsoever, in this day and age with so many low functioning psychos hypnotizing one another online?

I'm genuinely curious about how people like you DarkUnderlord think. Do politics have anything to do with your personal hobby, the reason why you created this website? Do you recognize yourself in all the edgy posting, borderline or unrepentant racism, neo-nazism, calls to violence against other groups...?

Calls of violence, where? did I miss the bugle call to arms?

Even if you assume that hosting the website in the USA is enough to cover your ass for now

That would really burn you, wouldn't it. You'd just love to send innocent people to prison for other people's shitposts. All is well as long as the problematic side of free speech - anything naughty, is swiped under a rug. All is fine until your personal opinions become forbidden, and by limiting free speech in any way that may well happen even if they have an official seal of approval now. Free speech must remain inviolate, any limitations to it become precedents and lead to more limitations. Telling others that you hate some other group of people should be legal, as should hate itself. Calls to violence are a different matter but often the two are conflated during a moral panic.

Do you want to wake up one day reading headlines about a "far-right neonazi Roleplaying video game website hosted by mr. X living at XXXX Bogan str." where new mass shooter of the week #95832 posted daily about his hatred for Jews, Mexicans and Homosexuals?
The fuck do you gain from it?

He might not gain anything at all but as long as it doesn't endanger Codex or his own freedom, why should he care? You can't seriously expect webhosts to always carry moral responsibility over the discussions that take place, the only reason they appear to do so is because the authorities take shortcuts. Prosecuting or applying pressure on webhosts is an easier way to make politically undesired speech go away than doing same on anonymous users.

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The Codex has been my home for a long time.

I love you all and our lively discussions. It's this that makes the Codex unique, not that we talk about RPGs. It's why we stay and talk of other things, things that matter just as much or maybe even more. Because the company is good, despite and because we're all lovable angry cunts, village idiots and all.

If the Codex were to fall by being cleaned out of its very soul, we would have to create it anew.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In my opinion, we are first and foremost a role playing game forum. It doesn't mean that we can't have free speech. The problem we have is that a lot of threads end up derailed by completely unrelated discussions. Some people trolling, and other came from the wastes of some other sites. Games have political messages, and those should be discussed, praised or criticized.

What you can do is deal with hurdurniggergaylololol posters.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
In my opinion, we are first and foremost a role playing game forum. It doesn't mean that we can't have free speech. The problem we have is that a lot of threads end up derailed by completely unrelated discussions. Some people trolling, and other came from the wastes of some other sites. Games have political messages, and those should be discussed, praised or criticized.

Derailed game-related threads get split as fast as they come, so it's not a problem at all.
There's a special person trained in splitting, cutting and circumcision to deal with that.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Derailed game-related threads get split as fast as they come, so it's not a problem at all.
There's a special person trained in splitting, cutting and circumcision to deal with that.
Sure, but some people register while not having much interest in actual game discussion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom