Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] WotR which Mythic Path did you choose? (!!potential spoilers!!)

Which Mythic Path did you choose?

• Total voters

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Vote quick before the Thread inevitably gets merged!

Personally I did a good guy person play-through and semi accidentally spoilered myself with the options beforehand.
Initially I set out to become a Dragon (a dream I subconsciously harbored ever since Dragon Age, naturally) and was a little letdown when I found out that option only opens up later on. Angels seemed too 'high and mighty' so I chose Azata and was pleasantly surprised by the companion you receive.

It's a Havoc Dragon that grows in size and power as you gain Mythic Levels

Having finished the game all the way as Azata I have to say looking back at times there was a little dissonance to be felt between the Azata story lines in concert with the general tone of the main game, but on the other hand the theme of being a fantasy hippie with freedom and friendship ruling supreme got captured pretty well IMHO. So... working as intended?
I was also delighted by and satisfied with the quality and quantity of what I presume to be Azata-exclusive content and characters. If every path has this much extra stuff in it that's pretty bonkers.

Anyways, which path did you chose and what was your take on them?

Tsubutai

Educated
One playthrough as a paladin angel -> Legend. Started another as a sword saint Azata, and will probably at some point go back to the paladin save and see the endgame of the angel path.

just

Liturgist
aeon coz i wanted to go back in time and make game better

Shaki

Arbiter
Angel is an obvious winner given the setting, but it's interesting that even on Codex, SJW hippie Azata path seems to be 2nd most popular. I guess all the Codexian Nazi LARPers got filtered by seeing lesbians in first 30 minutes of the game.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I guess all the Codexian Nazi LARPers got filtered by seeing lesbians in first 30 minutes of the game.
the first person you talk to in the game is a tranny
Thats a lie the first person you speak to is Hurlun
Not a lie, just a misclassification. The first person you see in dialog is a tranny. He has the first line of the game.

1GYOHMI.jpg

Sunri

Liturgist
I guess all the Codexian Nazi LARPers got filtered by seeing lesbians in first 30 minutes of the game.
the first person you talk to in the game is a tranny
Thats a lie the first person you speak to is Hurlun
Not a lie, just a misclassification. The first person you see in dialog is a tranny. He has the first line of the game.

1GYOHMI.jpg
Yea but at this point you don't even know who she is

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Okay, I need a spoiler: is there any content to the Devil path or is this just a meme?

Exists, but is a late game MP which you only unlock in chapter 5 and must be Aeon or Azata.

------------------------------

I chose Lich in my run but would prefer a vampire lord MP and did reloaded my ch 2 save to test Azata a bit, decided to play as one but got bored cuz Ice prison and other spells are bugged... I liked the game? Yes. But honestly, Kingmaker is way better.

What constitutes a "tranny" in a high fantasy game, where he can just pay for a spell to change his species, gender and etc?

SJW hippie Azata path seems to be 2nd most popular.

There are nothing SJW about Azata!!!

Seriously. Azatas are all about freedom. While SJW are all about tyranny. Elysium is a lawless plane, not a place where you can go to jail by "missgendering" someone, with affirmative action programs, over 60% tax income, heavy regulation on spells and weapons and so on.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I'm a simple man. I see lich, I play lich. It was alright. As is almost universally true with CRPGs it didn't feel like it leveraged it (Both lichdom and playing a wizard. It's a similar issue to playing a bard in a CRPG where you don't have random bardic knowledge bullshit, making knowledge arcane rolls in WotR typically just dispenses a little meaningless XP and very rarely changes anything meaningful, but that particular line of bitching is just due to the nature of playing with a computer and no DM and companies reasonably don't want to go in-depth on extra dialog and knowledge for very specific character classes/skills) as much as it should but given it was just one option among many it did better than I really expected. Let me do enough lichy stuff I was satisfied even with some glaring holes like the lich companions having next to zero quest content/dialog beyond a short little blurb when you raise them.

Probably not going to play again until the DLC's done and dusted and the game's all patched up but I still don't know what I'll play my next time through. Basically all the options are appealing.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Okay, I need a spoiler: is there any content to the Devil path or is this just a meme?

Edit: Nvm.

Phew. After nearly 300 hours I'm done with WotR for a foreseeable future. Did Demon, Swarm-That-Walks, Aeon, and Devil. Thoughts on the paths:
  • Demon - pretty cool, although being evil in this game is as pathetic as evil should be. Go on, kick Ember for a laugh, you sick fuck. The path is fun, has a good amount of unique content, and I'd rate it top out of the four I played. The main problem is that it's slow to ramp up and only really gets going in act 4.
  • Swarm-That-Walks - barely playable garbage. Don't touch it. This is KotOR 2 ending level of bad and should have been left on the cutting floor. Nothing works, the Crusade Management is turned off because it doesn't work, all the stories dead-end. It's absolute shit.
  • Aeon - autistic time cop. The mechanics are... alright-ish. It ends bitter-sweet, and like all the other paths suffers from there not being enough content. It makes me want to play an Aeon game, rather than a game where chunks of Aeon are scattered here and there.
  • Devil - begins too late to really be interesting. You have to fuck up and get booted out of the Aeon school to enter and get ready to be fucked by Cheliax like an Abyssal hooker. But I admire the extent to which Galfrey gets outplayed here, and Devil's rousing speech is my favorite of the four. "We are Hell!" indeed. Devil also had my favorite mechanics out of all the paths. Walking into a room, dropping Edict of Never-Ending War, and seeing the enemies explode each other never got old. Overall though - not enough content. I'm also very sad that Asmodeus has zero reactions to the entire path.

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
First angel second azata and now im trying demon Path but it seems completly useless for sword saint i wonder if i should switch to lich

volklore

Arcane
Going for azata mainly for the mechanics - you get to make enemies reroll all their saves when you cast a spell, which I think is amazing, and you can double that with the appropriate metamagic (enemies have to make 4 saves to resist the cast). Can't say I am a huge fan of the azata specific quest flavor so far. When I read about azatas in the wiki, it was said they are mysterious forces of nature that appear kind of out of nowhere without a warning and disappear just as suddenly, although agents of good. Made them feel like good aligned feys so I went for a fey sorcerer worshipping gozreh. And while the baby havoc dragon is cute and all, the whole thing is about helping a bunch of hippies set up a magical grove. That said the path has some nuance since it seems it can lead to the Devil mythic path, I am assuming through the 'azata' advisor who is pretty obviously trying to lure you away from freedom and rainbows. Highlight of the path so far apart from mechanics is being able to show the middlefinger to the Kween and really take some independance from her, and revealing how insane of a professional Regill is, who is staying loyal to his polar opposite!

Sizzle

Arcane
Azata is practically easy mode, almost regret choosing it.

Might choose Trickster for the next playthrough (though who knows when that'll be), and the obligatory Lich for an evil playthrough further down the line.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
*He. And not knowing a tranny is a tranny doesn't make him any less of a tranny. :M
Is she a tranny i think she is just crossdresser at least at this points
Yes, he is a tranny. Cross-dressers are also trannies btw. They were always the same thing: demon-possessed perverts.
Since I'm getting negative ratings by aspiring faggots and have no way to edit my post due to join date, allow me to illustrate my point:

6sYFTzR.png

PS: You will never be a real woman.

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
*He. And not knowing a tranny is a tranny doesn't make him any less of a tranny. :M
Is she a tranny i think she is just crossdresser at least at this points
Yes, he is a tranny. Cross-dressers are also trannies btw. They were always the same thing: demon-possessed perverts.
Since I'm getting negative ratings by aspiring faggots and have no way to edit my post due to join date, allow me to illustrate my point:

6sYFTzR.png

PS: You will never be a real woman.

You might only have joined recently, but I can already see you are well on your way to become a valued member of our community.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Demon.. because i wanted demon big mommy milker of Nocticula looked fun.

I wish had more uses of Demonic Rage because once you use in battle , it's really fun. You feel like a God that can die by a breeze of wind until rank 8.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom