Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Turuko

Learned
Just a general FYI for anyone else who enjoys playing spontaneous casters - If you level up while equipping items which grant additional spells to spontaneous casters (for example, the ring that gives a bunch of fire spells like scorching ray, fireball and fiery body) and you were due to gain a spell slot which could have potentially allocated a spell on the level of whatever spells the item is giving, the item will consume those spell slots and you will gain no spells of that spell level. So, to save yourself either having much less spells than intended for your class and having to respec if you want to fix it, whenever you level up, ensure you unequip any of these items.
fuck me sideways that's why?

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I've been sucking up to the Queen as much as possible in my Angel run, wanna see what mixture of choices leads to her letting you keep your title of Knight-Commander before heading of to the Abyss in Act IV.

Gonna push the envelope in the other direction as much as possible as a Demon next run.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Very well, Owlcat. You win.

20211007232655-1.jpg

I will fugg the bugg.

The bug has a pretty nice romance. I recomend I would fugg the bug again/10

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Seriously, what is the point of playing an evil character if you don't get to take petty revenge on anyone who wronged you?
In Kingmaker it meant that you are not evil enough. "[Evil][Attack]" random neutrals sometimes lead to unexpected results; the only real death threat to Tristian, for example. Wrath could be the same.

Mauman

Learned
Does that actually work? I tried to make Shield a cantrip and it didn't work, didn't even appear in the list

It didn't work at first, now it does.

My Trickster has a dip in vivi for the infinite true strikes I can dole out as needed. My brown fur arcanist will use a level 0 magic missile to pass turns she doesn't need to do anything more serious.

etc, etc.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Just a general FYI for anyone else who enjoys playing spontaneous casters - If you level up while equipping items which grant additional spells to spontaneous casters (for example, the ring that gives a bunch of fire spells like scorching ray, fireball and fiery body) and you were due to gain a spell slot which could have potentially allocated a spell on the level of whatever spells the item is giving, the item will consume those spell slots and you will gain no spells of that spell level. So, to save yourself either having much less spells than intended for your class and having to respec if you want to fix it, whenever you level up, ensure you unequip any of these items.
Spontaneous casters also seem to get shafted when they merge spellbooks, as they lose spell picks for 2 levels when merging (you do at least gain all the spells from the mythic spellbook).

Stoned Ape

Savant
What's the highest level you can reach before the second mythic path decision moment?

I know I've got there at 18th level before, is it possible to reach 19th?

Just thinking that then it would be possible to get Perfectly Normal Spell and the Improved... feats from Trickster before switching to Gold Dragon.

If you use a Sword Saint, I think you could use an Estoc with level 0 shocking grasp, eventually scale the spell to d10 holy damage dice from Dragon, get an 11-20 crit range, and (I think) a x5 crit multiplier after reaching 20th level with +25 BAB.

It might be pretty fun to try.

Yosharian

Arcane
Does that actually work? I tried to make Shield a cantrip and it didn't work, didn't even appear in the list

My Trickster has a dip in vivi for the infinite true strikes I can dole out as needed. My brown fur arcanist will use a level 0 magic missile to pass turns she doesn't need to do anything more serious.

etc, etc.
How did you make it work?

Stoned Ape

Savant

etc, etc.
How did you make it work?

I think it was just fixed in a recent patch. It should have been possible all along.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol, Rift of Ruin continues to cause damage even in turn based mode, your characters die while you can do nothing :lol: (It's a spell like Pit but it does continuous damage)

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Lol, Rift of Ruin continues to cause damage even in turn based mode, your characters die while you can do nothing :lol: (It's a spell like Pit but it does continuous damage)
They did something with DoT spells in turn-based mode in the latest patch, I think. And there is no fix for this yet.

Erebus

Arcane
I wasn't much impressed with the game's ability to suspend the player's disbelief in Acts 1 and 2, to put it mildly. But the beginning of Act 3 has shown me that I hadn't seen anything yet :

- I'm in my council room, doing commander shit, when a devil named Mephis... Melies shows up.

- He offers help in exchange for the souls of my soldiers. Which I guess makes sense, as devils hate demons and are interested in mortal souls. Still, shouldn't the other people in my council room react to such an entrance and such an offer ?

- Nope !

- I forbid him from taking the souls of my soldiers. He's not deterred and decides to stay right there in my council room. I can't do or say anything about that.

- And now, everytime I enter my council room, there's an 18-foot tall devil with bright red skin, huge horns and six wings (two of which are on fire) who's standing three feet away from my chair.

- And nobody has anything to say about that. Fucking Mephistopheles is standing right there and neither Regill, nor Anevia, nor Irabeth has a single of text to acknowledge the fact that his presence is, perhaps, a little bit disquieting.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It was ironic enough that you are having a council meeting with no established agenda, and people seem to walk in from outside like it's nothing.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
It was ironic enough that you are having a council meeting with no established agenda, and people seem to walk in from outside like it's nothing.
It seems in tone with the whole "failed crusades" theme. At least as the Baron / King the main hero had absolute authority over his domain. It was actively contested, but not just left adrift. Here, there are half-orc commanders, fem-Putin with magic Botox commanders, hellknights who know better, some friendly or not-so-friendly supernatural beings, and so on. IMHO, the general feeling of "бардак" could be intentional.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fuck this shit, my Lich was 2nd time turned into a Dog during a boss fight and spent the battle going woof woof... if both enemies were not destroyed now I would raise them from the dead to kill them again..

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It seems in tone with the whole "failed crusades" theme. At least as the Baron / King the main hero had absolute authority over his domain. It was actively contested, but not just left adrift. Here, there are half-orc commanders, fem-Putin with magic Botox commanders, hellknights who know better, some friendly or not-so-friendly supernatural beings, and so on. IMHO, the general feeling of "бардак" could be intentional.

They should just have given command to the Hell Knights because they're clearly the only group with a modicum of skill at running an army.

Thonius

Arcane
I wasn't much impressed with the game's ability to suspend the player's disbelief in Acts 1 and 2, to put it mildly. But the beginning of Act 3 has shown me that I hadn't seen anything yet :

- I'm in my council room, doing commander shit, when a devil named Mephis... Melies shows up.

- He offers help in exchange for the souls of my soldiers. Which I guess makes sense, as devils hate demons and are interested in mortal souls. Still, shouldn't the other people in my council room react to such an entrance and such an offer ?

- Nope !

- I forbid him from taking the souls of my soldiers. He's not deterred and decides to stay right there in my council room. I can't do or say anything about that.

- And now, everytime I enter my council room, there's an 18-foot tall devil with bright red skin, huge horns and six wings (two of which are on fire) who's standing three feet away from my chair.

- And nobody has anything to say about that. Fucking Mephistopheles is standing right there and neither Regill, nor Anevia, nor Irabeth has a single of text to acknowledge the fact that his presence is, perhaps, a little bit disquieting.
Uh maybe your MC is shizo and nobody sees him?

cw8

Cipher
Is Sword Saint with Dueling Sword stupid? I don't see that many dueling swords in the game.

ArchAngel

Arcane

- Nope !

Sounds like a bug...

Erebus

Arcane
Uh maybe your MC is shizo and nobody sees him?

I would have considered the possibility if I didn't know about the Devil Mythic Path.

I did think that perhaps the devil can only be seen by the PC (it would explain how everyone else can just ignore someone who looks like that). But, even if that were the case, it's weird that the PC just cannot discuss the devil's presence with others.

Tsubutai

Educated
Is Sword Saint with Dueling Sword stupid? I don't see that many dueling swords in the game.
I'm actually rolling one now, I think it's OK. You can use Finnean in Act 1, then start picking up unique ones from Act 2 onwards. There's a nice endgame dueling sword in the laughing caves in act 5.

Sharpedge

Prophet
fuck me sideways that's why?
It could also be because you took a second bloodline with the mythic feat, which does the same thing. Only you cannot "unequip" a second bloodline like you can with a ring, so the only way to undo that is to respec.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom