Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

jackofshadows

Magister
Having 1,000,000 builds means fuck-all if playing your game is as exciting as experiencing dysentery.
You're talking about like D2's early game doesn not suck (as well as end game).
On stream someone said some rune could be sold for 17? K rubles. People are crazy and rich bitches.
Dude... ever heared of combats.ru for example? Or ultima online shenanigans? This is nothing compared to those mammoths. And some (many, in fact) people are working full-time playing mmos if you weren't aware, yeah.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ants vs spiders... the GAME!

I saw this yesterday.

Seems like I've heard this all before.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
The prices will go down after a while.
Looking at d2jsp, seems like a Ber is worth 100+ dollars of FG (4k FG). Though of course it's only worth 1 FG on oldschool softcore non-ladder.

Dunno if you can really compare it like that though, dunno if anyone actually buys FG, though I suppose some do.
I wonder how rich the guy who came up with d2jsp is.
Seems like such a scam.
"Pay real money for a little money counter display to go up on my website, use this as currency when trading with other people who have also paid me money for the privilege of trading with you."

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
No, the ladder is just a scoreboard based on experience gained. And a mechanic to reset the game economy every now and then, since everyone has to start the ladder from zero.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Having 1,000,000 builds means fuck-all if playing your game is as exciting as experiencing dysentery.
It's quite amusing that of all things, Action RPGs/Rogues became synonymous not with action or taff gameplay with resource management & hardcore mechanics inside taff dungeons, but with something much more fitting of grog RPGs (builds, number crunching).
If we're looking at game that is generally grim and tries to disempower player's character, with resource management, good level design, memorable bosses, combination of random and hand placed loot, and where death has some meaning instead of just lel respawn, Dark Souls is the modern Diablo.

Learned
Played a bit more and made it to hell act 1 with my summoner necro. Level 73. Maxed skeleton, mastery, corpse explosion plus all one point wonders like summon resist, golems, curses, etc. It's so much more forgiving than a melee build, even with self-found garbage gear and negative resistances. Getting plenty of XP in act 1 so instead of doing quests I'm just doing Countess runs at players3 on repeat. Didn't get any high runes (not that she's a reliable source for those) or endgame uniques yet, but it's going okay. Replaced some of my low level gear, got one Ist rune and one Um rune. I only aborted mission once when multiple champion packs spawned with fanaticism and might and instakilled my follower.

Of course if I were a gullible turbocuck playing Resurrected, I would be waiting for the servers to be back up instead of playing.

Thal

Prophet
Dunno if you can really compare it like that though, dunno if anyone actually buys FG, though I suppose some do.
I wonder how rich the guy who came up with d2jsp is.
Seems like such a scam.
"Pay real money for a little money counter display to go up on my website, use this as currency when trading with other people who have also paid me money for the privilege of trading with you."

He provides a functional currency-based economy where it otherwise wouldn't exist. It's quite fascinating actually. Players who don't use the site have to rely on cumbersome barter-based system, and as a result are paupers. Nothing gets traded because there are no buyers for your products and no way to price your items correctly. It's like watching two historical time periods co-exist at the same time, with the advantages of currency in plain sight. They even have a service sector - for rushes, baalruns, even torch runs. Anyway, it's like our real life system, a total scam that just works.

Having said that, d2jsp is for the better. You can actually try different builds, now that you don't have to spend time on finding the gear. Also, if you're not ambitious with your builds, MF is not even necessary since White bases and socketed items are more valuable than most uniques.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I did have some fun on a smiter that was pretty much 100% bought d2jsp gear. Got to try my hand at uber trist and the rest.

Logged in today, somehow managed to remember both passwords. I still had 500 FG. Thought I had gambled it all away on that raffle before I quit.
Not gonna buy anything now though. Seems more ripe for selling. Prices will probably drop to a tenth of what it is now in a month.

vota DC

Augur
Played a bit more and made it to hell act 1 with my summoner necro. Level 73. Maxed skeleton, mastery, corpse explosion plus all one point wonders like summon resist, golems, curses, etc. It's so much more forgiving than a melee build, even with self-found garbage gear and negative resistances. Getting plenty of XP in act 1 so instead of doing quests I'm just doing Countess runs at players3 on repeat. Didn't get any high runes (not that she's a reliable source for those) or endgame uniques yet, but it's going okay. Replaced some of my low level gear, got one Ist rune and one Um rune. I only aborted mission once when multiple champion packs spawned with fanaticism and might and instakilled my follower.

Of course if I were a gullible turbocuck playing Resurrected, I would be waiting for the servers to be back up instead of playing.
I am at the begining of Hell with summoner necro. Even with trash gear I can finish Nightmare but in Hell I am struggling with any miniboss, I even use decrepify instead of amplify damage with common monsters to keep my skeletons alive. Minibosses and minions kill many of my skeletons....I use their corpse to raise my skeletons again....I don't have corpse explosion and I am not sure it would change because my skeletons are doing damage but are dying and needs to be replaced. Raise skeletons and skeleton mastery are maxed but gear grants only +2 skills so I guess I need something more than 22 skill point on those.

Thal

Prophet
Logged in today, somehow managed to remember both passwords. I still had 500 FG. Thought I had gambled it all away on that raffle before I quit.
Not gonna buy anything now though. Seems more ripe for selling. Prices will probably drop to a tenth of what it is now in a month.

Yeah, definitely sellers market now, particularly for mf items, since people don't have their war travellers and skullders and whatnot. There are also rumors out there that the next ladder reset will contain new runewords and maybe new uniques. Who knows what's valuable then. Even if people don't wish to use new items, they'll wish to see them, and will migrate to ladder en masse.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron

I am at the begining of Hell with summoner necro. Even with trash gear I can finish Nightmare but in Hell I am struggling with any miniboss, I even use decrepify instead of amplify damage with common monsters to keep my skeletons alive. Minibosses and minions kill many of my skeletons....I use their corpse to raise my skeletons again....I don't have corpse explosion and I am not sure it would change because my skeletons are doing damage but are dying and needs to be replaced. Raise skeletons and skeleton mastery are maxed but gear grants only +2 skills so I guess I need something more than 22 skill point on those.
What. You should be at least 60-65+ right? So what is your excuse of not having CE maxxed out? Also you can easily shop for a +2/+3 wand to Raise and Mastery as early as Act1 Normal. And a Ort+Sol in Helmet is +1 skills. Thal+Thul+Ort+Amn in Shield is another +2 skills. CE is pretty important to quickly kill stuff so your skellies don't get overwhelmed.

Shadenuat

Arcane
lol lore and ladder rune words.
last time I played modern necro I mostly ran around in Wealth, most MF gear, 3-topaz helmet etc. then either Imbue or Gamble circlets +skills & topaz and god knows what other trash, horadric yourself +skiller amulet, still killed Baal and farmed Hell Pit. Clay + Decrep + Might Merc with Hone Sundan shaeled etc.
And take Revives too to revive maulers from Ch3 n stuff.

What. You should be at least 60-65+ right? So what is your excuse of not having CE maxxed out? Also you can easily shop for a +2/+3 wand to Raise and Mastery as early as Act1 Normal. And a Ort+Sol in Helmet is +1 skills. Thal+Thul+Ort+Amn in Shield is another +2 skills. CE is pretty important to quickly kill stuff so your skellies don't get overwhelmed.

This is good advice. Getting some +mana per kill somewhere also makes spamming CE more convenient.

To clarify, your build should be:

20 points skeletons
20 points summon mastery
20 points CE
1 point in decrepify, summon resist, revive, attract (though if you get a good wand with +revive/decrepify/attract you can save on those points too).

Everything else is mostly optional. +summon skills are preferred over +all necromancer skills unless they are of equal potency (obviously), so +3 summoning skills is better than +2 all necromancer skills. Attract and Dim Vision work well to help keep skeletons alive and you can put attract on top of amplify/decrepify. Clay Golem is for slowing bosses. Excess points can go into whatever curse you want to make more convenient to use. Early excess points before you get around +7 skills can go into more summon resist or clay golem before diminishing returns set in, but once you get enough +skills to hit diminishing returns without them is a good time to respec into your final form.

Of course have the might merc because he's literally like +150% damage

One strange part of the necromancer is that he's actually quite sensitive to levels. The skeleton AR/DR scales off your level and I believe they also get their own levels. And since the to-hit formula takes into account both level and AR/DR to determine the final hit chance it's like a double whammy with underleveled skeletons taking way more hits and hitting way less. You might consider going back to nightmare to level a bit if you sped through it and are in the 40s or 50s.

Also check this: http://tph.tuwien.ac.at/~gottwald/necro_pet_calculator.html

EDIT: Also, go buy a teleport staff with charges. Anything that seems like it's a tough enemy is suddenly not when you teleport your entire army of skeletons and merc adjacent to them to whoop their ass.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
You know what really helps make D1/D2 stand out over all its wannabes? You actually know and remember the enemies.

When is the last time you played a game like this and actually paid much attention to what you're blitzing through? Seriously, they all become a big dense cluster of random shit that falls down and dispenses treasure. There's nothing that really makes them stand out, they may as well just be a different skin of the same monster.

D1/D2 are the only games which I can remember that has people talk about the monsters and not just some rare pack that spawned with hideously stupid mods. In D1 you remember those fucking goatmen archers, succubi, advocates that make you hunt them down to the end of the world or the Black Death zombies that permanently take 1 HP off you when they hit or those really retarded acid dogs that welcome you to the Caves by lobbing 50 gobs of spit at the doorway. In D2 you remember the gloams that railgun you from 3 screens away, the vipers that come in like they heard Kool-Aid was on the table, those cocksucker Oblivion Knights that give you every curse under the Haitian sun and those minotaurs that will randomly kill you once they go into their frenzy.

In the many hours I spent trying to like other games like this, I don't know a single thing about the bestiary.
Every PoE player remembers rhoas, porcupines, leaping goatmen, goatmen shamans, Vaal constructs, Baran fanatics, Legion spear throwers...
all I remember are xaurips

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
lol lore and ladder rune words.
last time I played modern necro I mostly ran around in Wealth, most MF gear, 3-topaz helmet etc. then either Imbue or Gamble circlets +skills & topaz and god knows what other trash, horadric yourself +skiller amulet, still killed Baal and farmed Hell Pit. Clay + Decrep + Might Merc with Hone Sundan shaeled etc.
And take Revives too to revive maulers from Ch3 n stuff.
I was adressing the lack of +skills the OP mentioned. If you farm, there is obv. way better gear.
His main problem is lack of CE still.

Last edited:

Peachcurl

Cipher
I just logged back in after a week or so and I see the updates are making good progress.

Logging into the game takes 10 times as long and my online chars are gone. :D

Nothing of value lost, but their incompetence is still staggering.

Wonder if they pop up again at some point. Anyways, I'll just continue offline.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You know what really helps make D1/D2 stand out over all its wannabes? You actually know and remember the enemies.

When is the last time you played a game like this and actually paid much attention to what you're blitzing through? Seriously, they all become a big dense cluster of random shit that falls down and dispenses treasure. There's nothing that really makes them stand out, they may as well just be a different skin of the same monster.

D1/D2 are the only games which I can remember that has people talk about the monsters and not just some rare pack that spawned with hideously stupid mods. In D1 you remember those fucking goatmen archers, succubi, advocates that make you hunt them down to the end of the world or the Black Death zombies that permanently take 1 HP off you when they hit or those really retarded acid dogs that welcome you to the Caves by lobbing 50 gobs of spit at the doorway. In D2 you remember the gloams that railgun you from 3 screens away, the vipers that come in like they heard Kool-Aid was on the table, those cocksucker Oblivion Knights that give you every curse under the Haitian sun and those minotaurs that will randomly kill you once they go into their frenzy.

In the many hours I spent trying to like other games like this, I don't know a single thing about the bestiary.
Every PoE player remembers rhoas, porcupines, leaping goatmen, goatmen shamans, Vaal constructs, Baran fanatics, Legion spear throwers...

Rhoa charge was probably the most common cause of death in early PoE.

Doing the merciless version of a dirty job was infuriating. Especially as the boss kept reviving the dead bone rhoas whilst you were fighting him.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I just logged back in after a week or so and I see the updates are making good progress.

Apparently their servers are dead, again. Billion dollar company right here.

Shadenuat

Arcane
(plays russian single player 1.09 rushing dumb non-synergies builds into higher difficulties with crap gear on players/x eating onion rings enjoying old sprite grafix)

servers eh, too bad

not a bad early game weapon for applying Holy Shock through Zeal:
aV9z3t9.png
i enjoy playing around with low level non-rune gear

also made some progress with kick sin, clearing NM. basically I just max DEX. so 0 str max dex 0 energe 0 vit-- some vit ok.
you hit all the time because max dex, block all the time cause max dex, and kick damage grows with dex. 1400 dmg kick so far.
you get dmg reduction from items & fade too and MF... yea I could't shove any MF into build so far due to weird stat dependance, all hopes on Nalphret finishing bosses with his frost thingy.

Depending on game version, damage bonus of this Aura(Sanctuary) may be bugged (applied mistakenly not to the projector of the aura, but its targets, effectively, it gives all Undead monsters in the vicinity enhanced damage against Undead).
^oh yeah owlcats most silly developers, old games had none of that sillyness

Last edited:

vota DC

Augur

Should try those runes. I didn't used CE because skeletons were always in bigger number and the mercenary had attack aura so they were killing enemies fast, the problem come with minibosses and minions killing my skeletons even when in small number.

Learned
As mentioned, always pick nightmare offensive desert mercenary as your follower. Equip him with a stat stick for damage and some life steal to keep him alive. He also benefits from crushing blow and cannot be frozen but for solo self-found, those are relatively luxurious properties.

And pick your fights. Don't just walk around letting every spastic skeleton fight a different monster. Those fights will not end well in Hell. Learn to pull. Target things with teleport charges. Let your desert mercenary kill a few soft monsters (you can simply use the portal in Act 5 when available, but killing a few fallen in Act 1 doesn't take long) and raise a handful of skeletons then move onto real targets. Once your follower and skellies draw first blood, you can use the first corpse as ammo and watch the bastards pop with a chain reaction. CE may as well be the best PvM skill in the game because it deals damage based on enemy life like static field and crushing blow do, and unlike static field it doesn't stop at 50% health in hell difficulty, letting you kill stuff without swapping to other skills. Classic team even buffed it a while ago like it wasn't powerful enough. Max it and use it.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Apparently their servers are dead, again. Billion dollar company right here.

If your itch to play AAA games is strong, you can always play more deserving titles such as Far Cry 6 that just released. IMHO of course.

vota DC

Augur
As mentioned, always pick nightmare offensive desert mercenary as your follower. Equip him with a stat stick for damage and some life steal to keep him alive. He also benefits from crushing blow and cannot be frozen but for solo self-found, those are relatively luxurious properties.

And pick your fights. Don't just walk around letting every spastic skeleton fight a different monster. Those fights will not end well in Hell. Learn to pull. Target things with teleport charges. Let your desert mercenary kill a few soft monsters (you can simply use the portal in Act 5 when available, but killing a few fallen in Act 1 doesn't take long) and raise a handful of skeletons then move onto real targets. Once your follower and skellies draw first blood, you can use the first corpse as ammo and watch the bastards pop with a chain reaction. CE may as well be the best PvM skill in the game because it deals damage based on enemy life like static field and crushing blow do, and unlike static field it doesn't stop at 50% health in hell difficulty, letting you kill stuff without swapping to other skills. Classic team even buffed it a while ago like it wasn't powerful enough. Max it and use it.
Then the plan Is better gear and another level up to put a single point on CE since +1/+2 skills items need at least the skill to be activated. Maybe Nihlathak was warning necromancers to use CE.

I use bone armor (1 point) , Is 1 point on bone prison or bone Wall useful?

Also why lower resist Is the ultimate level 30 curse? It doesn't deserve.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Get more CE.
Prison is for bone necro to lock enemies inside and kill with spells.
LR is for party play and poison nova.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom