Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The second coming of Desiderius is nigh upon us, brothers!
One day I will say something like "charging in this game is overpowered" and he will fuck me in the ass so hard that I'll go back to posting in the BG3 thread.
Does charging in the game even work? I remember reading the string of Haplo complaints about charging - or, rather, not charging - in mounted combat.

On the other hand, if a feature does not need to work to be overpowered - that's :obviously:

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Are you sure that you're getting dragged into random encounters after a failed nature check? I thought those were only to avoid getting fatigued.
Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. I can only state that I've noticed repeatedly triggering an unavoidable random encounter immediately after a party member failed a nature check.

Sharpedge

Prophet
yeah me too.
I'd rather drop difficulty than resort to toybox.
I don't like using it either, but I gave up and ended up installing it to fix plot critical bugs that crop up every now and again. For example, in my demon playthrough, the mythic quest in A4 could not be completed because you could not interact with Yozz, (when I clicked on him he just said he was too busy). I could have halted my run there and waited for the bug fix from owlcat, which would have taken who knows how long, or I could go into toybox, search for the string to start the next stage of the quest and then continue playing. Toybox is a great tool for debugging whatever bugs may occur during your playthrough, it just (imo) should not be used for cheating, only for fixing issues.

volklore

Arcane
Damn, finally got playfull darkness down on hard.
I went in trying to dispell all his buffs which included Foresight(no flat footed), Freedom of movement, heroism, greater invis, mind blank and others I don't really remember. His immunity to shaken also comes from a buff, because after spamming dispell on him I could shake him, but as long as foresight was on, no shatter.
My main goal was to dispell his FoM, do the witch fortune cackle rotation to get rerolls, debuff his saves with enervate, evil eye, madness domain ability and then use chains of light to paralyze. I was quite proud of my masterplan until Owlcat happened :

1) Dispelling FoM removes his paralysis immunity from his card as per normal but he was still effectively immune to paralysis (fails his save but no effect with chains of light). Dispelling Foresight did allow to be caught flatfooted so I decided to glitterdust him instead. But this thing still hurt even through blindness. Especially since regill is an absolute magnet as soon as he starts hitting him.

2)Enervate did hit him and the tooltip displayed the amount of negative levels dealt, but it didn't actually affect any of his stats, saves or rolls.

Anyway, after I blinded him 'All' I needed was two full round attacks of regill with legendary proportion (with fortune, touch of good and bit of luck ) to get him down...

I guess I could blame myself for not running mark of justice and community domain to make it easier. Anybody could explain to me dispell mechanics in this game? Because it seems super wonky. I get a lot of 'Dispels from x - success' in the log but nothing get effectively dispelled. Any way to buff dispell checks as well ? Because I had to mass dispel for like 4 rounds with 3 characters to get stuff off of him.

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you sure that you're getting dragged into random encounters after a failed nature check? I thought those were only to avoid getting fatigued.
Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. I can only state that I've noticed repeatedly triggering an unavoidable random encounter immediately after a party member failed a nature check.
This sounds like a bug. Or maybe a feature.
I had a constant chain of unavoidable random encounters in Kenabres after clearing all content. I was delaying the attack on Garrison to grind 300xp or so for Camellia. The game FLOODED me with trash enounters.

Sharpedge

Prophet
unknown.png

That expanded arsenal bug is really funny, makes all sorts of things possible, even this.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Anybody could explain to me dispell mechanics in this game? Because it seems super wonky. I get a lot of 'Dispels from x - success' in the log but nothing get effectively dispelled. Any way to buff dispell checks as well ? Because I had to mass dispel for like 4 rounds with 3 characters to get stuff off of him.
Since your dispel check is 1d20 + your Caster Level, anything that increases your CL also improves your chances to land a Dispel Magic. The DC of this check is 11 + the enemy's CL, so your chance of actually dispelling something entirely depends on the difference between your CL and the enemy's CL. One of the merchants in Drezen (can't remember which one, but it's one of the four who stand near the middle gate) sells an item that lets you take 20 once per day on a dispel check (which should basically guarantee you to succeed).

volklore

Arcane

Delterius

Arcane
That expanded arsenal bug is really funny, makes all sorts of things possible, even this.
How do you even affect it with weird, the thing's death immune.
weird innit

its not immune unless its immune to mind affecting, pretty sure
Man I am fucking dumb, there is no death in phantasmal killer descriptors. I have no fucking clue as to why I thought so....
its the difference between throwing death juice at someone and showing them a picture of GD, which happens to cause death

Sharpedge

Prophet
How do you even affect it with weird, the thing's death immune.
weird innit

its not immune unless its immune to mind affecting, pretty sure
Man I am fucking dumb, there is no death in phantasmal killer descriptors. I have no fucking clue as to why I thought so....
Pretty much what Delterius said. Although if you are wanting to play a character that heavily specializes in illusions I do recommend also taking the undead bloodline, just so that you can land your mind affecting spells on enemies classed as undead as well.

volklore

Arcane
Anybody could explain to me dispell mechanics in this game? Because it seems super wonky. I get a lot of 'Dispels from x - success' in the log but nothing get effectively dispelled. Any way to buff dispell checks as well ? Because I had to mass dispel for like 4 rounds with 3 characters to get stuff off of him.
Since your dispel check is 1d20 + your Caster Level, anything that increases your CL also improves your chances to land a Dispel Magic. The DC of this check is 11 + the enemy's CL, so your chance of actually dispelling something entirely depends on the difference between your CL and the enemy's CL. One of the merchants in Drezen (can't remember which one, but it's one of the four who stand near the middle gate) sells an item that lets you take 20 once per day on a dispel check (which should basically guarantee you to succeed).
I knew that, it just is that sometimes I pass the check, and the log reports 'dispells from x' but no buff actually get dispelled. Sometimes I'd see a check per spell active on the target. Sometimes only 1 or 2. It's super inconsistent. The only time I actualy dispell stuff is when the log 'dispells buff y from x' but often times I simply get 'dispells from x' (both being passed checks) and nothing happens.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I knew that, it just is that sometimes I pass the check, and the log reports 'dispells from x' but no buff actually get dispelled. Sometimes I'd see a check per spell active on the target. Sometimes only 1 or 2. It's super inconsistent. The only time I actualy dispell stuff is when the log 'dispells buff y from x' but often times I simply get 'dispells from x' (both being passed checks) and nothing happens.
The game is buggy at the moment and allows you to dispel some of an enemies permanent stat bonuses and difficulty modifiers. When this happens the combat log usually shows it as, "dispels ." because what you are dispelling is something which is not intended to be dispelled.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
There's something weird about this sentence.
20211008105615-1.jpg

It's like... people of Golarion just won't stop fucking and eating corpses, unless you bury them.

Really like your mc picture. Where from?
Random google search probably. I can try reverse google it if you reeeaaally want it.

Edit: Sigh. It's some John Park dude on artstation.
Fulllength.png

Medium.png

Small.png

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The second coming of Desiderius is nigh upon us, brothers!
One day I will say something like "charging in this game is overpowered" and he will fuck me in the ass so hard that I'll go back to posting in the BG3 thread.
Does charging in the game even work? I remember reading the string of Haplo complaints about charging - or, rather, not charging - in mounted combat.

On the other hand, if a feature does not need to work to be overpowered - that's :obviously:

Kinda hit the nail here. It (sometimes) works as a combat opener in Turn Based. But, after all these patches, almost never works mid-combat in turn based for me.

However it's pretty awesome when it works, so I started switching to real time whenever my char is in position to charge. There it works rather well.

Am not far, don't have Vulpine Pounce or Mythic Charge yet. But still its rather nice to basically one round the wight miniboss in Lepers Smile cave with a Charge. It works nicely with Smilo pouncing along and triggering your Leading Strikes.

Technomancer

Liturgist
How are you dual wielding two scimitars without a giant penalty to offhand.
Can dual wield any weapon without penalty. Fighter has a skill in advanced weapon training called "Effortless Dual-Wielding" which makes any weapon of choice "light" - penalty reduced by 2. Two-Weapon Fighting reduces it further. Add Mythic version of the feat and you won't have any penalties at all:

main hand | off hand

-6 | -10 Untrained
-4 | -8 Effortless Dual-Wielding/Light Weapon
-2 | -2 Two-Weapon Fighting
0 | 0 Two-Weapon Fighting (Mythic)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom