Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
f13wtLR.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
dressed Curie up in a Marine Wetsuit + Light Synth armor and gave her a 2mm Gauss rifle, and Cait in a Marine Wetsuit + Light Combat Armor and gave her a .44 revolver.

Fallout4%202021-10-08%2018-45-21.png

Fallout4%202021-10-08%2018-45-33.png

Fallout4%202021-10-08%2018-45-58.png

HansDampf

Arcane
Filament

jIeXqkg.jpg

pnAjwWM.jpg

Fairly difficult puzzle game in which you explore a space vessel to uncover what happened to the missing crew. To unlock stuff, you have to solve puzzles by connecting blocks with a cable, with lots of different gimmicks. There are usually 3 sets of 5 puzzles per gimmick with increasing difficulty. You can go to a different area if you get stuck. You don't even have to solve every puzzle to finish the game. There is also an optional "hint mode" for the mentally challenged.

I have to mention this glitch first:
wLyNYCR.jpg

Cable barely not touching the block.

VLRGrBk.jpg

Now it is touching the block despite taking the exact same path. It's like the engine is making a rounding error or something. This can lead to unintended (but unsatisfying) solutions.

iB1Y573.jpg

Here you have to pass through the gates a set number of times without touching the poles.

FreqsBx.jpg

Not allowed to touch the black blocks.
rating_racist.png

dwXZoWa.jpg

Connect blocks in groups based on the colors on the ground.

jHsvwFq.jpg

Multiple cables.

fP2IJnT.jpg

Color mixing.

yoMYPEB.jpg

Blocks as switches that activate other blocks.

ZwLTlRl.jpg

t1c0Hjk.jpg

Someone took inspiration from The Witness.

lABdRCK.jpg

Touch blocks multiple times. This was one of the hardest for me.

There are still a lot more. The final room also has extra mean puzzles that combine multiple different gimmicks.

gb8Bthi.jpg

dLfg3ai.jpg

YvrFeXs.jpg

Hard to explain what's going on in this one.
:shredder:

At first, I didn't like this game. It's hard to wrap your head around this type of puzzles because you can't really tackle them with logic. It's mostly trial & error.
But at some point, you develop an intuition and can tell what the solution is roughly going to look like, most of the time. Still, you can't just stare at a blank puzzle and figure out the correct path (there can be more than one). You have to try one or two paths to see where the problem areas are and go from there.
I managed to solve all of them without a guide, which took a while... There were even a few I thought to be impossible at first.

But what about the story?
It sucks! After each set of puzzles you hear the voice of the navigator, Juniper, who is watching you over cameras and dumping exposition. And it's so boring. Her character is the most uninspired modern female geek trope imaginable. She never says anything funny, profound, edgy or interesting. When you discover her room (without her in it), it's a mess, of course. And she absolutely loves video games. She would love to play some games with you, the protagonist, when this is all over. But watch out, she's very competitive! There are also hints towards the obligatory lesbian relationship. So original.
You also find lots of passwords that unlock crew messages and logs on computer terminals. There are way. too. many of them! And to enter the passwords you have to retrace lines in a "mini-puzzle". It's just tedious and not worth it. I've read maybe 1/4 of them and almost fell asleep.

Oh, and when you finally meet Juniper at the end.
She turns out to be an AI!

IMVfnp9m.jpg

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWD!!1
But wait, there is more! To my surprise, the ending gets even worse.
It was all a simulation! You wake up without arms in a house on the beach (augments are part of the story). Then you run half-naked to the beach to meet the crew from the space vessel. Or something...

wnxr6rn.jpg

:hmmm:
Tbh, I don't know what it's supposed to mean and I don't care.

7970b89b68b9445beb754250fd522501--sad-quotes-movie-quotes.jpg

tldr
- cool and hard puzzles
- shit story
- some annoyances
/ out of 10

Blutwurstritter

Learned
I am fairly sure that you die if someone whacks you so hard with a black jack that your spine rolls up even if the game doesn't consider it so,

Some of the characters seem to enjoy it little bit to much on the other hand,

If someone's looking, I've found a new cozy bedside carpet

Beowulf

Arcane
I am fairly sure that you die if someone whacks you so hard with a black jack that your spine rolls up even if the game doesn't consider it so,

What mission is that? And what mod for the interface?

Blutwurstritter

Learned

What mission is that? And what mod for the interface?
The flexible lady is from the first proper mission, where you have to steal the blood opal from the Rutherford castle. The other pictures where taken as I visited my neighbors apartments for a "cozy" chat.
I think the Hud changes are due to "The Minimalist Project". A good write up of useful mods is given here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635606028. I can recommend it, it brings the game closer to the original games. You can disable third person completely and also tone down the blue-ish glow of everything. And it works with the gog version that I'm using. Checking the https://www.ttlg.com/ forum is also a good idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom