Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lann (of all people) is pretty fucking metal when it comes down to it.

Traitors? Hang em high.

Thieves? Hang em high.

Deserters? Hang em high.

Non-punishment related?

Not enough supplies - Teach them to live off the land (If Lann can eat that purple moss then EVERYBODY can).

etc...

In case anyone was wondering whether or not the game had Soviet roots. I guess boiling your boots and shooting people to keep them charging in the right direction would be too on the nose.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Traitors? Hang em high.

Thieves? Hang em high.

Deserters? Hang em high.

I have a better system.

Traitors? Kill then and reanimate then as undead

Thieves? Kill then and reanimate then as undead

Deserters? Kill then and reanimate then as undead

Manlets? Kill then and reanimate then as undead

purupuru

Learned
If you do Regill's final quest as a 20+ Legend, when he gets added back into your party his exp will be set to the same amount of exp you have, which will bump his level to 20 immediately but sadly not any higher. For a brief moment I got very excited about the prospect of a level 40 Regill :(.

Mauman

Learned
Regill is a gnome. Gnomes are the unique manlet race which should be allowed to live. Jubilost and Regill made me rethink about my hatred towards manlets.

Thing is, I also like Greybor and I even kinda liked Harrim (in a "he amuses me" kind of way).

They're miles ahead of crap like Octavia and Sosiel.

CodexTotalWar

Learned
Does anyone know the convoluted series of steps you have to take to make sure
Irabeth and Galfrey survive Iz.
Not because I care about them or anything, but I want them both to live long enough for me to
Thank them properly for being such good friends as a Lich/Demon/Swarm/Devil etc.

Normally, what you do is if Irabeth likes you, she doesn't even follow Galfrey to Iz (she'll be in Drezen). Then Galfrey can survive if you've either gave her the Lexicon (which she'll give back to you on a Good path), or you rush to her first. The latter will block the secret ending since going to Galfrey first means an important key gets destroyed in the research notes area. However, you can apparently cheese that by going to the library and swiping the required key, without confronting the boss there (haven't tried this).

If Irabeth doesn't like you she'll follow the queen and die in her stead - I think you can still save them both if you rush to them, but once again, you can lose out on the secret ending.

Saving both and keeping the secret ending might be tough to do on an evil path though because it'll probably be hard to get Irabeth to like you and I'm not sure if you can get the Lexicon back after giving it to Galfrey (even if you kill her).

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thing is, I also like Greybor and I even kinda liked Harrim (in a "he amuses me" kind of way).

They're miles ahead of crap like Octavia and Sosiel.
I kinda dislike Greybor because it reminds me of that post early-Quentin Tarantino era/pre-9/11, when everyone was SO FUCKING COOL. But they're really not. Like the guy can hit, I guess, but in my game he falls down rather quickly. Shockingly faster than Nenio.

Harrim was okay.

Octavia was a former slave. Life is different after you've spent your childhood trapped in a pen.

And Sosiel is... Sosiel. Sosiel might as well be the colour gray, so far. (haven't beaten his story yet)

Mauman

Learned
I kinda dislike Greybor because it reminds me of that post early-Quentin Tarantino era/pre-9/11, when everyone was SO FUCKING COOL. But they're really not. Like the guy can hit, I guess, but in my game he falls down rather quickly. Shockingly faster than Nenio.

Harrim was okay.

Octavia was a former slave. Life is different after you've spent your childhood trapped in a pen.

And Sosiel is... Sosiel. Sosiel might as well be the colour gray, so far. (haven't beaten his story yet)

Octavia has too much of a "LOOK AT ME I'M SO PRETTY" vibe which just rubs me the wrong way.

Sosiel is interesting if you corrupt him....and a bit disturbing. Otherwise yeah, he's boring as all hell.

purupuru

Learned
Sosiel just feels...odd. The queen introduces him to you herself like he is someone important but really he is just a cleric. And he is the only companion that joins your party before you even have a chance to talk to him. It's like the writer couldn't fit him into the story properly then said fuck it and just shoved him in. They should have made him join you as part of Regill's intro quest, much of his personal quest has to do with Hell Knights it would have made perfect sense.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Greybor is bordering on "Nothin personnel, kid" type of cringe. I hate to say this but he's unexpectedly lame.

And I can't treat that Super Cool Assassin schtick seriously when he's the only one failing fear checks during the dragon hunt.

volklore

Arcane
Sosiel just feels...odd. The queen introduces him to you herself like he is someone important but really he is just a cleric. And he is the only companion that joins your party before you even have a chance to talk to him. It's like the writer couldn't fit him into the story properly then said fuck it and just shoved him in. They should have made him join you as part of Regill's intro quest, much of his personal quest has to do with Hell Knights it would have made perfect sense.
I have Sosiel in my party because he has decent domains and make a good domain zealot bot, but mainly because Regill has absolutely savage lines when interracting with him. It feels almost like he was written to prop up Regill.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Traitors? Hang em high.

Thieves? Hang em high.

Deserters? Hang em high.

I have a better system.

Traitors? Kill then and reanimate then as undead

Thieves? Kill then and reanimate then as undead

Deserters? Kill then and reanimate then as undead

Manlets? Kill then and reanimate then as undead
I got even better one. Kill everyone and reanimate as undead. No need to wait for them to do something bad. My party is almost full undead now. I am only missing a replacement for Camellia (nobody else has Barkskin and access to lvl 9 divine spells) and I am still using Wenduag because the undead Cavelier I got gets bugged out half the time when he trying to charge... also his horse is not undead and gets fucked even when he does not...

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
Just a general FYI for anyone else who enjoys playing spontaneous casters - If you level up while equipping items which grant additional spells to spontaneous casters (for example, the ring that gives a bunch of fire spells like scorching ray, fireball and fiery body) and you were due to gain a spell slot which could have potentially allocated a spell on the level of whatever spells the item is giving, the item will consume those spell slots and you will gain no spells of that spell level. So, to save yourself either having much less spells than intended for your class and having to respec if you want to fix it, whenever you level up, ensure you unequip any of these items.
fuck me sideways that's why?
It could also be because you took a second bloodline with the mythic feat, which does the same thing. Only you cannot "unequip" a second bloodline like you can with a ring, so the only way to undo that is to respec.
I haven't had that bug at all, I am getting spell slots as normal despite having the lightning thingy equipped.
Another REALLY FUN thing about those spontaneous spell items: You can metamagic spells you get from these items and remove the item, the metamagic version of the spells will remain in your spellbook.
Final fun fact, the lightning bracers you get in blackwater allow you to cast a SL4 chains of light - I am 100 percent sure this is unintended and a mistake from owlcat (chains of light vs chain lightning). But yah it's great fun to be able to persistent chains of light earlier :D

Yosharian

Arcane
Greybor is bordering on "Nothin personnel, kid" type of cringe. I hate to say this but he's unexpectedly lame.

And I can't treat that Super Cool Assassin schtick seriously when he's the only one failing fear checks during the dragon hunt.
The companions would be much cooler from a build perspective if they had unique aspects to them, such as fear immunity, to use your example.

Right now the only unique aspects are either ridiculous point buys or stat bonuses from quests, I guess.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

The companions would be much cooler from a build perspective if they had unique aspects to them, such as fear immunity, to use your example.

Right now the only unique aspects are either ridiculous point buys or stat bonuses from quests, I guess.
Things that Baldur's Gate did right #2345 +M+M+M

Minecrawler

Educated
Sosiel just feels...odd. The queen introduces him to you herself like he is someone important but really he is just a cleric. And he is the only companion that joins your party before you even have a chance to talk to him. It's like the writer couldn't fit him into the story properly then said fuck it and just shoved him in.
He, Seelah and Anevia are introduced to you in a way that would make [I don't trust you, die] option impossible. And so you don't get it.
Camellia too, but with her
you get oppportunities down the line. In fact, you are showered with opportunities.
Unsurprisingly as well, because she is a girl in a dress who likes only boys and this is owlcat/paizo setting.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Camellia is... Camellia.
Thing is, she is written to be disliked, while Sosiel is forced upon you, and you must like him.
Anyone familiar with the AP, is he there too? Was he made by Amber Scott?

volklore

Arcane
Sosiel just feels...odd. The queen introduces him to you herself like he is someone important but really he is just a cleric. And he is the only companion that joins your party before you even have a chance to talk to him. It's like the writer couldn't fit him into the story properly then said fuck it and just shoved him in.
He, Seelah and Anevia are introduced to you in a way that would make [I don't trust you, die] option impossible. And so you don't get it.
Camellia too, but with her
you get oppportunities down the line. In fact, you are showered with opportunities.
Unsurprisingly as well, because she is a girl in a dress who likes only boys and this is owlcat/paizo setting.

I am fine with Camelia's writing overall
Both the 'how far can you simp her?' line as a good character and as a NE/CE option where you'd go along everything
I actually kind of like her crazy quips/Battlecrys (The world in crimson!), they are more fun than most other companions. CE characters tend to be so not evil when you get them in your party (i.e Regongar was classified as CE, but he was a total bro and not really evil). At least she's really, really evil.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Eh, he grows on you at later stages but yeah, he's mediocre as best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom