Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
The worst thing about this game is the voice of the Jedi Knight. Because. The voice actor is the David Hayter aka Solid Snake. He clearly can do better. Ffs

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
So I've been picking up Heroic Missions so I could use their teleporters to get me places on planets faster.

Lol..

Tfw I'm a founder.. and I don't remember any of my storylines.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I would say that overall Dark Side Male Knight, Light Side Male Warrior, Male Agent and Dark Side Female Consular are all really good (if goofy at times). Some other voices are decent as well, such as LS Female Smuggler, but they’re not top tier.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
the problem with making characters able to be excluded is that afterwards the character is almost entirely assumed to be gone by the writers because they're lazy hacks
most annoying shit ever, only two characters get any development(until you're able to get rid of one) then it's just Lana.
To be fair, it would be a massive effort to write full flegded characters half of the playerbase would never endure because they killed them off years ago.
Having to deal with 8 different class stories and 2+ love interests each was already too much for SWTOR in it's current state to handle. That's why they tried to combine them into the Outlander with only Lana/Koth/Theron as LI available, and it didn't work well.
Yet they gave players the option to get rid of 2/3 of those new LI, who were supposed to play a big role. Especially Koth, the token diverse dreadlock comedian, someone at Bioware had a hardon in almost every recent game for.
I can only assume the writers changed and were happy to finally ditch him. :hahano:

If they are clever, they will at least park your (basegame) LI in the players cabin, and slap on some mute/reused short fade-to-black interaction on them. Plus an occasional mail. Lots of content players with little effort.

Then they can continue to focus on those new characters and cater to Rusty's Leslie Jones fetish.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
My playthrough with LS Sith Warrior goes well, until Nar Shadda i cleaned every planet from all quests that were available for that completion feel but then i noticed that my character was so much overleveled that since then my level is always nerfed on every next planet.
Be thankful it is that way now. I ragequitted the game back then because you (and your companion) were always underleveled and undergeared. I remember Tat and Alderaan even had bonus areas you could return to later at a higher level. I think those were scrapped entirely tho. And every enemy and their mother had high dmg special attacks, that were on a lower cooldown than your interrupts. Bosses even several. I remember needing at least 7 attempts for the pub tatooine boss, who had more instakill abilities than I counters...
Yeah fuck those times. :argh:

I noticed one drawback of the new levelscaled loot system tho: you cannot farm the better colored low level armor on starter planets anymore. Sad.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Finished Taris and Hoth, that angry red head was interesting, it was funny to have that sloppy arrogant pseudo rival and her master reactions made it even better. It almost felt like she was going to be companion.
And about companions, there should be more situations when you have to use them all like in that final battle on Taris. Maybe they could make that on those story flashpoints where you could use your whole team instead of that droid.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Oh I don't just mean the bonus extra grind you could do before leaving a planet. At least Alderaan had an area requiring you return when you were some 10ish levels older. It might have been an attempt at "we need some time to pass for this quest", since there were originally time skips in the story, represented by those "go to to the station for some R&R", that were just there to tell players: "war has broken out while you were busy with hookers and blow." :hahano:
IIRC I read that it was axed altogether when player level stopped being important. Might be wrong tho.
TBF, my last playthrough was a really buggy one. I never got the introduction cutscene for flesh of my flesh, which is weird because it has dialog choices. It wasn't after he appeared in my bedroom I remembered I was supposed to have met him much earlier already. :hahano:
Twas quiet a bummer, because I made that char a (soon to be) 100% white Twilek CIS sith scum just to hear him berate her ancestors for interbreeding with filthy slaves.
Sad.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Oh I don't just mean the bonus extra grind you could do before leaving a planet. At least Alderaan had an area requiring you return when you were some 10ish levels older.

Yes, the planetary bonus series. Balmorra, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Alderaan, Taris and Belsavis all had it. Not sure about Hoth, Voss or Corellia. Definitely not on starter planets, Dromund Kaas, Coruscant, or Ilum. Also not on planets added after launch.

3 years ago these could be accessed somehow, but for the life of me I cannot recall how.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Why Quesh is so small compared to other planets, anyone remembers? It looks kinda cheap and im almost sure that it uses assets from Nal Hutta. To be honest its better that its smaller, toxic swamp wastelands are annoying and boring game locations.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh I don't just mean the bonus extra grind you could do before leaving a planet. At least Alderaan had an area requiring you return when you were some 10ish levels older.

Yes, the planetary bonus series. Balmorra, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Alderaan, Taris and Belsavis all had it. Not sure about Hoth, Voss or Corellia. Definitely not on starter planets, Dromund Kaas, Coruscant, or Ilum. Also not on planets added after launch.

3 years ago these could be accessed somehow, but for the life of me I cannot recall how.
Apparently those can still be done, they unlock after you've finished the main quest of the planet and the quest giver usually hang next to where you arrive on the planet (at least for those that I remember). Level requirement aren't much of an issue since everyone end up overleveled anyway

Codex Year of the Donut
bonus series still existed when I did it, they unlock after you finish the main quest for the planet and you have to hunt around for it or just check a wiki

Zariusz

Arbiter
oV1J4I6.png

:obviously:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Im on Belsavis now, funny that most of Republic criminal gangs are aliens. Its even somewhat acknowledged in the game:

ZKFYeHh.png
Isn't there a questline on the Republic side on Belsavis that deals with Republic scientists conducting immoral and unethical experiments? Like they used alien prisoners in some kind of gladatorial matches to tests combat drugs and implants, it backfires and the player has to deal with it

Zariusz

Arbiter
Im on Belsavis now, funny that most of Republic criminal gangs are aliens. Its even somewhat acknowledged in the game:

ZKFYeHh.png
Isn't there a questline on the Republic side on Belsavis that deals with Republic scientists conducting immoral and unethical experiments? Like they used alien prisoners in some kind of gladatorial matches to tests combat drugs and implants, it backfires and the player has to deal with it
I dont remember, last time i was on Belsavis was like 6 years ago when i was doing Trooper playthrough ( my first character ever actually).

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The Republic is evil. They're just better at brainwashing their SJW sheeple into believing that wasting the equivalent of at least 7 system's GDP on rebuilding a whole planet from scratch "as a symbol" is totallly an awsome idea.

And since every nation gets the government it deserves... well, I have no remorse giving them a little extra. On the house. Free of charge. Sith hospitality.
:imperialscum:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
The Republic is evil. They're just better at brainwashing their SJW sheeple into believing that wasting the equivalent of at least 7 system's GDP on rebuilding a whole planet from scratch "as a symbol" is totallly an awsome idea.
Or rather, the elite are always the elite. The only difference is the culture of the sheeple.

It's quite bold they portrayed the Republic like this, especially with a female that sounds more aggressive than Hillary. It's a good thing if it reminds people not all women are the same; some of them actually display toxic masculinity lolol

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
The worst thing about this game is the voice of the Jedi Knight. Because. The voice actor is the David Hayter aka Solid Snake. He clearly can do better. Ffs
Dark Side Knight is glorious, actor clearly had a lot of fun.
I dunno. I didn't like the voice acting. There was so little vocal range, even not considering alignment. The JK is like a robot - if he is angry he still sounds completely fucking rational. You don't hear much anger in the voice. I'm playing one right now. Dark Side, yes.

On the other hand, the BH story is so boring (so far) but the female protagonist is awesome. The well known voice actress, Grey Delisle. Famous for voicing this bitch:
Also Femship Jennifer Hale kicks ass as Trooper. I have no recollection of the plot besides beating the shit out people during interrogations and fucking M1-4X.

Actually the BH also gets options to just punch a nigga. Forget Force Shock. Just punch the face in of some rich noble who thinks you won't hurt him, and you need his information.

Nolan North didn't too good either as Jedi Consular - despite playing Superboy AND Superman in Young Justice. And Superboy is sure as hell not a calm character.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Also Femship Jennifer Hale kicks ass as Trooper.
:prosper:

The male is Varric. Why would you pick female?
Because Jennifer Hale is Femshep. Plenty of "Renegade" choices, with voice acting to match. (Edit: And she was better than regular Shep obviously)

And I've never played past DA:O.

Edit: Well I played an hour or two of DA:I but I got tired of the combat. Which is pretty damning considering I am able to tolerate even NWN1-level of shitty gameplay.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom