Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hellish Quart - 17th century historical dueling game with physics based combat

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If they had to do that, I'd done it with a weapon that would've otherwise been hard to fit into the swordfighting game. As it is, indeed redundant and waste.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's kind of a cute concept, but it doesn't really make any sense in a context where they seem to have been striving so much for realism and simulation.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I like it. Every fighting game needs "the weird guy". It's like a law of nature or something.
I don't disagree but maybe he could have at least been a polearm user.
Considering that Hellish Quart is now mostly a sword dueling game (though other weapons were planned from what i remember together with dual wielding) it would be like using zweihander in prisoner knife fights.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Cool character. But I'd prefer he were a serious character, without being drunk. A old cleric with a longsword with his church as a stage is interesting enough.

mkultra

Augur
Bought it and played for 30 mins, it's quite decent for the price + it's still in the making. The best part is obviously the motion capture itself + the physics. Gameplay perhaps not so much.

mkultra

Augur
Gameplay perhaps not so much
Care to expand on this?

Well i just think it gets old really quickly, but this is very much personal taste, these games are probably fun for those who really wants to master it, or perhaps really fun in player vs player... i really love the spectacle of this, how brutal it can be, but to me these fighting games just aren't that fun to play, never been a fan apart perhaps in the C64 days..

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cool character. But I'd prefer he were a serious character, without being drunk. A old cleric with a longsword with his church as a stage is interesting enough.
Dude, EVERYONE was drunk ALL THE TIME in XVII century Poland.
It's actually weird that he's the only drunk in the roster!

So basically like modern Poland?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom