Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you open your inventory, notice the Perfumed Hankerchief, and throw it out - you'll remove almost every swarm out of the area without even fighting. Being a worshiper of Norgobrober also helps notice the hankerchief.
Motherfucker... WHAT?!?!?

volklore

Arcane
If you open your inventory, notice the Perfumed Hankerchief, and throw it out - you'll remove almost every swarm out of the area without even fighting. Being a worshiper of Norgobrober also helps notice the hankerchief.
Holy! That's some cool reactivity there. That was mentioned in dialog after the fact but I did not think it was an actual item you could notice and remove from the inventory.
Yeah. And if you worship Norgober, he'll chime in at the start of the area telling you that there's a traitor in your midst and that you should check your inventory for any new and suspicious items. You can then rub in [REDACTED]'s face that only an idiot tries sneaky tactics against Norgoberites..
Alternatively, you can be a worshipper of Gozreh and get a buff for Leper's Smile. I don't know what the buff does because who the fuck would ever think about writing tooltips for this shit?
Yeah I got the buff (my character is a fey sorcerer worhsipping gozreh) but I have no clue what it does to this day!

Mauman

Learned
Oh, if you worship Irori, you get to compliment the
swarm guy, as his path DID lead him to be a perfect self in a very twisted way.

Irori is weird in that he doesn't care how someone ascends to a higher being, or what kind of being. He cares in that it's a unique and new way. Or at the very least, if it is something that has been done before (since there are other swarms out there), then at least you found it on your own without cribbing off of others. It's kinda neat that the game acknowledges this in regards to spoilered character.

Aroden's godstone for instance he had no problem with when it has to do with Aroden's ascension. Everybody else? He really, REALLY dislikes (Iomadae, etc...).

Probably means that he would be very interested in how
you get to divinity yourself in the secret ending

Also, that thing about the swarms and norgober is really cool.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
2AC from iceplant
It's actually +4 with the ring you can get right after the intro dungeon and it stacks with everything. The fey rogue is a really decent deal for a dex build, for two levels you get weapon finesse, +4 stackable AC and sneak dice. With +1/2 more you get stuff like more sneak dmg, bonus feat, finesse training and injury debuff. Would be really good if not for the fact that it loses uncanny dodge.

Tried a throwing Legend Build with throwign axes 20 mutation warrior/20 bloodrager primalist

Javelins aren't light (and neither are darts surprisingly...) so TWF with them has more penalties

Anyways here is the test build. Mods used: TOybox (for levelup and equips), Tabletop tweaks (has some options for Advanced Weapon Training and bloodrager bloodlines)

Started with half-orc human raised (for +2 skill points/level) and 7 str/18+2dex/14 con/14 int/10 wis/12 cha, pickpocket background, feats point blank shot and precise shot.

Ended with this
MgOBV0R.png

y1qvSJl.png

LHwkbii.png

5jJJSDv.png

s5nQLJO.png

lD0jL28.png

MYnOtax.png

H5tySew.png

Attacks are 4 (BAB)+1 haste +1 Rapidshot = 6 in MH and 3 Greater TWF in OFfhand for total of 9 attacks per round at 30 feet range.
The Temp HP is False life greater + Bloodrage bonus.
Equips: +8 perfection belt and hat, +8 bracers of armor, +6 natural Armor Necklace, +6 ring of deflection, +6 cloak of resistance and +5 throwing axe (eye gouger) in MH and +4 throwing axe (nordic welcome) in offhand.
Note that the stats are with self-buff, mutagen, said equips, bloodrage and grand mutagen. if you add a Bard, a skald with lethal stance, a Judge, a brown fur transmuter etc... these stats will become even more hilarious

Bloodrager bloodlines (Destined and Aberrant) chosen for immunity to as many statuses and always active blindsight, critical hit / sneak attack immunity etc. Not to mention that Destined gives +5 luck bonus to AC and saves.
No Primalist bloodline to rage power swap was doen as I think the immunities are better. (and u can get a skald to give you totems/stances)
Mythic abilities are Endless rage @ lvl1 and Extra mythic ability:Second Bloodrager Bloodline - Aberrant bloodline

volklore

Arcane
I started act4 and I really like the city, it makes no sense it's amazing. Reminds me of the Morrowind telvanni cities who didn't bother building stairs because 'lmao learn to levitate scrub!. I'd shill it hard if it wasn't for the fact that it runs horribly even on a really strong rig.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tried a throwing Legend Build with throwign axes 20 mutation warrior/20 bloodrager primalist

Javelins aren't light (and neither are darts surprisingly...) so TWF with them has more penalties

Anyways here is the test build. Mods used: TOybox (for levelup and equips), Tabletop tweaks (has some options for Advanced Weapon Training and bloodrager bloodlines)

Started with half-orc human raised (for +2 skill points/level) and 7 str/18+2dex/14 con/14 int/10 wis/12 cha, pickpocket background, feats point blank shot and precise shot.

Ended with this
MgOBV0R.png

y1qvSJl.png

LHwkbii.png

5jJJSDv.png

s5nQLJO.png

lD0jL28.png

MYnOtax.png

H5tySew.png

Attacks are 4 (BAB)+1 haste +1 Rapidshot = 6 in MH and 3 Greater TWF in OFfhand for total of 9 attacks per round at 30 feet range.
Equips: +8 perfection belt and hat, +8 bracers of armor, +6 natural Armor Necklace, +6 ring of deflection, +6 cloak of resistance and +5 throwing axe (eye gouger) in MH and +4 throwing axe (nordic welcome) in offhand.
Note that the stats are with self-buff, mutagen, said equips, bloodrage and grand mutagen. if you add a Bard, a skald with lethal stance, a Judge, a brown fur transmuter etc... these stats will become even more hilarious

Bloodrager bloodlines (Destined and Aberrant) chosen for immunity to as many statuses and always active blindsight, critical hit / sneak attack immunity etc. Not to mention that Destined gives +5 luck bonus to AC and saves.
No Primalist bloodline to rage power swap was doen as I think the immunities are better. (and u can get a skald to give you totems/stances)
Mythic abilities are Endless rage @ lvl1 and Extra mythic ability:Second Bloodrager Bloodline - Aberrant bloodline

Kinda scary.
Although I don't like building "end game" builds. Personally prefer builds that will play well throughout and be pretty effective from start, worst case around level 10. Not saying this one wouldn't.

Longes

Augur

Ended with this
MgOBV0R.png

y1qvSJl.png

LHwkbii.png

5jJJSDv.png

s5nQLJO.png

lD0jL28.png

MYnOtax.png

H5tySew.png

Kinda scary.
Although I don't like building "end game" builds. Personally prefer builds that will play well throughout and be pretty effective from start, worst case around level 10. Not saying this one wouldn't.
Honestly, Legend builds don't really matter. Any build that got you to act 5 will be fine in act 5, Legend or no. Legend just pushes you into a total power fantasy mode.

Mauman

Learned
snipped for space

If you could somehow fit in Sohei 11 you could get 2 (3 with ki point) more attacks (yes, Sohei flurry stacks with TFW and rapid shot).

edit - obviously, it wouldn't fit for a chaotic neutral character, but if you're lawful I'd imagine it'd be a good trade.

Last edited:

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Kinda scary.

Yeah this why I think merged Lich/Angel will allways be the strongest paths. Their mythic rank 3 and 4 are the hardest player power spike I've ever seen in such a game, they absolutly bend the game over from chapter 3 onwards and generally maintain the lead.

snipped for space

If you could somehow fit in Sohei 11 you could get 2 (3 with ki point) more attacks (yes, Sohei flurry stacks with TFW and rapid shot).

edit - obviously, it wouldn't fit for a chaotic neutral character, but if you're lawful I'd imagine it'd be a good trade.
Do sohei have acess to thrown weapon group in weapon training in WotR?.
I know they don't have axes. but otherwise you could do javelins, but gotta spend a feat for effortless duel wielding. But otherwise doable
You lose a lot of the bloodrage immunities (and self buffs) but get +3 more attack at full BAB. will test next weekend.

Haplo As soon as you can get sme throwing axes you are good to go. Gotta do the starting couple of levels with a crossbow though until you get acess to mutagen.(or have that rapier lady cast bulls strength on you).
Once deadly aim weapon spec mutagen etc. mature with the damage becomes very respectable even with the str penalty.

ArchAngel

Arcane
2AC from iceplant
It's actually +4 with the ring you can get right after the intro dungeon and it stacks with everything. The fey rogue is a really decent deal for a dex build, for two levels you get weapon finesse, +4 stackable AC and sneak dice. With +1/2 more you get stuff like more sneak dmg, bonus feat, finesse training and injury debuff. Would be really good if not for the fact that it loses uncanny dodge.
You lose one ring slot. Uncanny Dodge you get with lvl 9 spell foresight.

cw8

Cipher
Apart from her Phantasmal Killers being able to reliably and consistently kill after being boosted with Triple Spell Penetration and Persistent Metamagic, Nenio is worth keeping around just to see everyone she tries to talk to tell her to fuck off.

20211011231311-1.jpg

20211011231319-1.jpg

20211011231345-1.jpg
20211011223919-1.jpg

Her exchange with

Bahopmet made me LOL. His reply is epic.

nenio.jpg

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
You lose one ring slot.
Yeah, I'm going to bite when it's permanent, stackable +4 that you can get right after reaching the tavern. Dex tanking is really good here for a change in the early game, thanks to stuff like that and the armor you get at the tower. On core you can easily get a char that's only getting hit on twenties almost right out of the box and that's without any +ac spell buffing.

volklore

Arcane
How many of the tile puzzle locations can you solve in a2 and a3 ? I solved the first one from a2 and then another one in a3. Which are basically the ones I got the tileset. I have a few leftover tiles in my bags(yellow) but there are not enough of them to solve the puzzle.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I started act4 and I really like the city, it makes no sense it's amazing. Reminds me of the Morrowind telvanni cities who didn't bother building stairs because 'lmao learn to levitate scrub!. I'd shill it hard if it wasn't for the fact that it runs horribly even on a really strong rig.

They spent a lot of effort on the city and it shows.
And yes, I have frequent dips below 30 FPS with a radeon 6800.

Parabalus

Arcane
How many of the tile puzzle locations can you solve in a2 and a3 ? I solved the first one from a2 and then another one in a3. Which are basically the ones I got the tileset. I have a few leftover tiles in my bags(yellow) but there are not enough of them to solve the puzzle.

You can't find 2 tilesets till act 5.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Does anyone know what quest triggers the hard conclusion to Act V, like how completing the Ivory Sanctum sets the timer for the end of Act III? Wanna make sure I don't end up screwing myself.

Longes

Augur
Does anyone know what quest triggers the hard conclusion to Act V, like how completing the Ivory Sanctum sets the timer for the end of Act III? Wanna make sure I don't end up screwing myself.
Entering the Threshold.

Btw, act III isn't timed. Once Galfrey has arrived you can tell her that you need to prepare and wait indefinitely. It's only the Azata path that is actually timed.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The sequence between leaving the Shild Maze and ... arriving at the Defender's Heart is very confusing, to be honest.

However, it is definitely a change of pace.

Also, where can I discuss ages-old questions about trannies and stuff? In the now dead "cringefinder" topic?

Israfael

Arcane

Pedro's mexican slave did a low-key review of the game (8/10), apparently there are some of them that play D&D (not 4e or 5e)

Minecrawler

Novice

So Paizo are talking about how important it was for them to invert "the trope" of white male knight in shining armor with Irabeth and then suddenly switch the topic to demonic corrupton and how demons are effective at manipulations and destroying from within.
:)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom