Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Gargaune

Magister
Am I mistaken, or did they shrink the size of the download somewhat? I seem to remember it was around 100 gb at release (too lazy to go back into the thread and check it), and it's 65 gb now.
It's a hundred gig if you're downloading manually off GOG because you're downloading all the audio localisations, but it only installs sixty. If you're using Galaxy or Steam, you'll only download the sixty gig with your particular language pack.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Not a tranny, just a cross-dresser. Even played a bit as a joke. Because Geralt expects a woman, but the elf looks more like a clown.
CP2077 was their first game with a tranny.

typical user

Arbiter
10 months later the final race with Claire most of my oponents explode on finish line and one car crashes into mine and tries to run her over.

I'm not shitting you, happened to me yesterday. I'm just doing leftover quests to delete this horse-shit from my hard drive.

racofer

Thread Incliner
these 116 are essential to make the game decent
then you have to start modding
Still not enough! W-we need more mods!
DUWx6WD.png

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
first time i played this game was with german VO and i don't even have to look up imdb to know that claire has been voiced by a tranny. that's how deep her voice is in german. when she was like "btw i'm trans" i wish there was an option to feign surprise or something. in 2077 it's possible to replace your limbs and eyes in a matter of seconds but scientists haven't figured out how to make your voice sound feminine apparently

just

Liturgist

So please remind me again who the tranny is, because I just didn't notice.
Claire, the bartender in the Afterlife.

It's a shame that we couldn't nail her, though. You can nail a guy, a girl, but not her? Trans community should be in rage right now.
i wanted to nail her alright
TO THE CROSS
just kiddin would let theythem suck my dick (in game only)

Goldschmidt

Learned

So please remind me again who the tranny is, because I just didn't notice.
Claire, the bartender in the Afterlife.

It's a shame that we couldn't nail her, though. You can nail a guy, a girl, but not her? Trans community should be in rage right now.
i wanted to nail her alright
TO THE CROSS
just kiddin would let theythem suck my dick (in game only)

Imagine Neverwinter Nights having trannies. I would immediately pop that disc out of my drive and feed it to the dogs.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's actually just 42 mods, when I took out the radiostation mods and a few other mods I didn't think I need.

Total size of all the mods - just 122 mb. The game seems to allow for very clean modding.

One mod was crashing the game at startup because it wasn't up to date with the latest game patch, removed it.

The guy who has made the modlist has also included his own mod there, which is actually a configuration of various other mods from the modlist in order to balance their changes. That mod overrides other mods' files and can only be found uploaded on a "Cyberpunk 2077 Modding" discord server. There are two servers by that name. Pure genius. I also had to delete his custom configuration for the mod "Muted Markers", because it was also crashing the game at startup. Didn't bother to investigate it.

I played a little with the mods on. Due to the weapons rebalance it's next to impossible to pass the rescue mission with the gun you start out with. Typical mods things.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Mods that claim to “rebalance” the whole game and actually fundamentally break it is the most classic modders gonna mod there is.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Mods that claim to “rebalance” the whole game and actually fundamentally break it is the most classic modders gonna mod there is.

Only if damage formulas keep being simple threshold stuff. Stuff now? It's bad enough that sisyphean dolts think they can" fix" it.

I took at the rebalance mod's page to see if the issue with the starting weapon being too weak had already been reported, and to be fair it's hard to blame the modder for lack of testing when the game is supposedly like this.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3010

Even with the current restrictions, I still get almost no damage sometimes. Let's say when the boss has a weapon with electrical damage. It was quite funny when we were at a distance of 5 meters for several minutes and could not kill each other. I couldn't destroy his 5k or 6k health pool(I don't know how many hit points he has, but a crit at 1300-1500 took off somewhere 20-25% HP.) before he healed, and he couldn't deal me enough damage. Of course, he would have one-shot me if he had a different type of damage or a different weapon.
Author said:
Enemies don't actually have damage types, so the resistances aren't what's lowering their damage. I think I've also made the enemy armor a bit high, although math-wise I haven't. I'll be putting out another change later today that addresses this and a few typos.
If the enemies do not have the type of damage, then I do not understand why sometimes (very rarely) they cannot kill me, although in most cases 1-2 bullets are enough for me (I only have 230 hit points). I believed that it was the resist that saved me.
And if they do not have a type of damage - why are resists needed at all? However, I will experiment on the next boss (I will take off my armor with resists, put on the same class of armor without resists and see what happens).
Author said:
Maybe try a higher difficulty. It's all customizable. As for why do we have resistances, who on earth knows. Bleeding wasn't even a thing for the player until this mod so why have we had immunities for it.

-

Hey, playing melee character, and I see a strange thing - my hits agains melee enemies do like 10x less damage...
I'm hitting someone with a gun for 40/50 dmg, and a melee guy for 2-4 dmg.

What is causing this and how to change it? :)

EDIT: Seems the same with ranged weapons, some enemies have really high damage reduction, maybe it's like high armor or something?

Author said:
Some of the armor was a bit high so I've lowered it. Although it wouldn't actually make sense math wise and no enemy has more than 150 armor (~30% reduction). I'll be putting out a hotfix soon addressing some of the typos and this. If you want to change it now, look at the variables at the top of the AI file, and there's a bunch of armor values for each enemy type you can change.

It's kinda strange, as I feel it's more like 90% reduction, but only on some (random?) enemies.

Is armor a percentage reduction, or does it depend on hit damage?
I'm using light melee attacks, maybe low damage attacks get reduced more than high damage attacks?
Like, would shotgun get reduced more cause it has a lot of low damage projectiles?

I don't think 150 armor would give as much reduction, I have more and was not nearly as tanky as those guys.

Author said:
Honestly who knows with this game. It should only be around 30% reduction at 150, but it's definitely not. But then reducing it down to 100 makes it feel a lot more normal. Also there was an if statement that shouldn't prevented player hits on the enemy from even applying armor, but I know that wasn't working. I'm just going to lower the enemy armors.

:prosper:

tritosine2k

Erudite
Well obviously they bypassed the need for balance in the first place, with a pretty fucking strong level scale. Both on items everywhere.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In my opinion the main quest and the real side quests were fine, but there were much too many filler quests from fixers and police. Is there already a mod to make the difference more clear on the map or do I need to make one myself?
I absolutely despise the cluttered map with shallow points of interests made solely to exploit people's compulsions and provide grinding to artificially extend gameplay. They could have achieved long playtimes by having emergent sandbox gameplay. Instead, they chose the absolutely worst design philosophies possible.

CP2077, despite its good moments (primarily thanks to Johnny), made me deeply despise CD Project as developers.

tritosine2k

Erudite
(... ), made me deeply despise CD Project as developers.
???
By the looks of it anything else than this was deemed overarching / out of scope. Looks like chase scenes were a priority, too bad the chase scenes are for story not for side (apart from the cool mind control stuff) I think it's OK for what it is. It's not like Borderlands or ME2 did so much better despite both an acclaimed title. Wouldn't even think '2077 could even regress like those.
EDIT:

Also I find it kinda interesting how the "story chase scenes" are kinda "background specific", with background specific companions no less (who just never seem to interact really, and Johnny really tries to tie them together).

Maybe lack of side content made them decide to chop three backgrounds into the street kid's. At one point they should decide to add a skip button though, or somehow let the backgrounds become rather original. Then the corpo start could go into RE like "horror" stuff for example that you won't find in the others. Just no visceral trope pls: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilIsVisceral .

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Gabe's Bye Bye Green (https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3007) - removes a green filter that's not otherwise changeable in the options, but I find it also makes the game look rather comparable to Witcher 3. Cyberpunk seems to need a bunch of filters on top to smoothen out edges.

Overall, revisiting after 10 months gives me the impression the game used to look better, and not just in terms of graphics but also animation. It's my recollection that's wrong obviously, but it's still bizzare. Even the 6 months montage seemed kind of "meh, nothing special".

BTW, I wonder if the "expansion" they are making won't be concerned with exactly the 6 months before the rescue mission. It would make sense I think. It's an often mentioned thing that people would have liked to play through this part of the story instead of watching a recap. It's also easy to plug in story-wise, and is guaranteed to be played by virtually every player.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
I took at the rebalance mod's page to see if the issue with the starting weapon being too weak had already been reported, and to be fair it's hard to blame the modder for lack of testing when the game is supposedly like this.

How would a modder even be able to balance out over 100 mods applied at the same time? Is there at least one to make all the same weapons deal the same damage and not a random one? And only realistic looking clothes giving realistic protection? I really hated that my male V ran around some time in a bra because this was the best armor underwear which is ridiculous ;)!

AwesomeButton

Patron
It's not over 100, and not every mod needs balancing out with every other mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom