Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&D 5E Discussion

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
If you don't think an orc and a gnome

Things went awry decades ago, not just now.
Neither one of those should be an allowed race for PCs or, perhaps, not even present in the world at all.

Get fucking redpilled.

What, a world with no orcs? But I like mowing down the evil, ill-tempered pig-people and taking their money and stuff. :(

Gnomes, meh, nobody cares.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

deuxhero

Arcane

Neither one of those should be an allowed race for PCs or, perhaps, not even present in the world at all.

Get fucking redpilled.

What, a world with no orcs? But I like mowing down the evil, ill-tempered pig-people and taking their money and stuff. :(

What's a gnome?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
DD%20PHB%202nd%20Orc.png

DD%20AC11%20Cover.png

deuxhero

Arcane
And to anyone hoping the exact wording on the height/weight thing a few pages back would be less retarded, NOPE! It's exactly the wording used in the preview with no mention of mechanical size.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Get fucking redpilled.

What's a gnome?

Dux

Arcane
This is such a random thought but I've been wondering lately about summons in D&D. Bear in mind I've never played the game myself.

How exactly do they work? When a mage summons a monster or an animal - where does that creature come from? Does it just materialise? Does it come from another plane or do mages and druids literally pluck creatures from another part of the world to use them in fights?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
This is such a random thought but I've been wondering lately about summons in D&D. Bear in mind I've never played the game myself.

How exactly do they work? When a mage summons a monster or an animal - where does that creature come from? Does it just materialise? Does it come from another plane or do mages and druids literally pluck creatures from another part of the world to use them in fights?

Well the way it's presented is that for extra planar creatures they come from their home plane. For prime material plane they're teleported in.

Last edited:

Alex

Arcane
I knew D&D was dead when they changed Lizardmen to Lizardfolk.

I knew D&D was dead when they removed THAC0.

They're unable to distinguish Fantasy's misuse of "race" (actually meaning species) with real world "race".
Yeah, sure, maybe, if we were still talking about racial alignments. But now we're talking about lifespans and heights. You're telling me that height is not one of the most important features of a dwarf, or a halfling?

Cis-racials are keeping trans-dwarves down.

Silva

Arcane

Well the way it's presented is that for extra planar creatures they come from their home plane. For prime material plane they're teleported in.
Which is actually the same shit, since the planar creatures also have a world of their own and day-to-day habits like any other. The real question is why da fuck the creature helps the magician instead of getting shocked by the sudden change in environment or simply running away.

D&D is a game where the less you think about it, the better it becomes. Start pricking at the seams and it falls apart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom