Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Cael

Arcane
Wasn't there a bug in the game where some absurd number of real life hours had to pass before it will proceed, rather than in-game hours?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
How does weapon immunity work?

This is what it says on the wiki for Raksasha’s
They are immune to weapons up to either +2 or +3
It says they’re immune up to +2/+3 weapons but I’m still able to hit them with +1/2 weapons but +3 doesn’t work at all?

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane

It says they’re immune up to +2/+3 weapons but I’m still able to hit them with +1/2 weapons but +3 doesn’t work at all?
Other way around. If they are immune up to +3 weapons, +1 and +2 weapons won't work on them.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

Other way around. If they are immune up to +3 weapons, +1 and +2 weapons won't work on them.
Well non-magical weapons didn’t work and neither did +3, only +1/+2 so it’s a bug I guess.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
More than 100 i think, but I used a autoroller mod, basically it keeps rolling for you.

Anyway having high stats is basically useless, especially the mental ones so it was just for flavour.

Melcar

Arcane

Well non-magical weapons didn’t work and neither did +3, only +1/+2 so it’s a bug I guess.

If you are playing a original unmodded/unpatched game (don't know about the EEs) then you will find plenty of "little" bugs like that.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyway having high stats is basically useless, especially the mental ones so it was just for flavour.
Apparently, intelligence affects what you can say. For example to Elminstah when you meet him in the beginning of the game.

I roll manually.

You mean in BG1 in beregost or at the crossroad out of candlekeep? Didn't know about it still mostly flavour, stat checks are very few in the game.
And they are usually unconsequential (just sometimes a bigger reward with high CHA, but could let someone else talk in your stead).

Gahbreeil

Learned
You mean in BG1 in beregost or at the crossroad out of candlekeep? Didn't know about it still mostly flavour, stat checks are very few in the game.
And they are usually unconsequential (just sometimes a bigger reward with high CHA, but could let someone else talk in your stead).
At the crossroads, after Gorion gets owned based on the main character being struck by fear and Sarevok's presence. Elminstah appears in Beregost? I play BG:EE without mods.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
ElminstER appears in Beregost yes, I think when you come back from the Naskhel mines IIRC

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
When you get level drained, it takes away your EXP??? I now need 420k instead of 200k on Anomen to level up to level 11??? My main got level drained and he kept his EXP, wtf is this bugged?

Cael

Arcane
When you get level drained, it takes away your EXP??? I now need 420k instead of 200k on Anomen to level up to level 11??? My main got level drained and he kept his EXP, wtf is this bugged?
That was how it worked in 1st Ed. You lost XP until you cast Restoration on the guy, and then you get it back. However, I am pretty sure you lost the XP you gained in the meantime as you always end up with a different XP compared to the rest of your party afterwards. I noticed that in the Gold Box games. Perhaps BG implemented the same thing.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Soo I killed the weaker lichens so I could revive Kangaax, my party is around level 10

and dead in 10 seconds
:negative:

WTF is chain contingency

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Soo I killed the weaker lichens so I could revive Kangaax, my party is around level 10

and dead in 10 seconds

WTF is chain contingency

Glorious. Remember this feeling because once you've sorted all of this out, it's gone forever. :martini:
I tried breaching the fuck but it’s not working and my buffs run out because by the time I’m done casting the ones I need are already gone
:x

Cael

Arcane
That one spell made that fight so much easier and that not many people realise it was pretty funny.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

and dead in 10 seconds

WTF is chain contingency

Glorious. Remember this feeling because once you've sorted all of this out, it's gone forever. :martini:
I tried breaching the fuck but it’s not working and my buffs run out because by the time I’m done casting the ones I need are already gone
:x

He is supposed to be an end game challenge. You can do it in Chapter 2 but it's not super easy.

After you kill him, be sure to head over to Twisted Ruin for tea and crumpets.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
If you duel/multi class do you lose out on level 8/9th cleric and Druid spells?

Jaheria and myself only go up to 7th level and Anomen.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom