Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

purupuru

Learned
guys I decided to give up on this game
I think I really dislike DnD and similar systems, the character progression bores me.

Can you recommend something else?
Opera!

Sunri

Liturgist
The companions of Kingmaker, drawn by Ryōko Kui [Mangaka of "Dungeon Meshi"]
e3diotmke3v71.png

soruce https://nisiryu.blogspot.com/2021/05/pathfinder-kingmaker.html same person that made bg portrait packs i hope she makes them for both pathfinders :bounce:

Technomancer

Liturgist
why dismissed companions appear in HATOET? i kicked jaethal after killing stag lord but she still appeared in the house.
There was a bug. I betrayed her to inquisitor and killed her for the dagger, still appears with angel boy whom I too killed. Reported it back in the day ofc but who cares obviously.

Lios

Cipher
Game generally has good voiceacting, but sometimes it's ridiculous. Dugath sounds like an idiot trying his Sean Connery impression and failing miserably. Armag sounds like a manure shipper immitating Borat. What the fuck.

People weren't lying when they said this game is incredibly long. I've already sunk 160 hours into it in RTwP mode and am still not finished.

The game is great, but Kingdom Management is repetitive and tedious. If I ever replay the game someday, then I'd set it to auto mode.

Dugath sounds like an idiot trying his Sean Connery impression and failing miserably. Armag sounds like a manure shipper immitating Borat. What the fuck.
I get the feeling both voice actors were trying impersonate Arnold "Conan the Barbarian" Schwarzenegger, because everybody knows that Barbarians have Austrian accents.

:drink:

Lios

Cipher
The game is great, but Kingdom Management is repetitive and tedious. If I ever replay the game someday, then I'd set it to auto mode.

I read that setting it to "auto" can screw up your game in various ways, losing quests/opportunities, leading maybe to game over. Haven't really checked it out myself.

I get the feeling both voice actors were trying impersonate Arnold "Conan the Barbarian" Schwarzenegger, because everybody knows that Barbarians have Austrian accents.

Man even the aggressive player voice in Baldur's Gate II character creation is more convincing than these two guys. And it was mostly a couple of "Hyyaaaaargh!! Very well. Very Well".

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
So, ehm, i got this free on epic. I wanted to know how to make kingdom management as much relaxed as possible, i don't mind mechanics spoiler, sinc ethis part of the game doesn't interest me. I don't want to fail quests for time limit and some timed quests are already giving me anxiety (i'm in the spider cave at the beginnin gof the game right now). So how to play at relaxed pace without worrying about time limits and kingdom management?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't think about the time limit, it's ridiculously generous and you have to intentionally go against it in order to fail. As for kingdom management, isn't there a difficulty option that automates that?

Yosharian

Arcane
So, ehm, i got this free on epic. I wanted to know how to make kingdom management as much relaxed as possible, i don't mind mechanics spoiler, sinc ethis part of the game doesn't interest me. I don't want to fail quests for time limit and some timed quests are already giving me anxiety (i'm in the spider cave at the beginnin gof the game right now). So how to play at relaxed pace without worrying about time limits and kingdom management?
From my Steam page:

Kingdom Management Suggestions
  • I recommend putting Kingdom Management on Effortless or Easy.
  • The KM feature has many unintuitive aspects that can make it frustrating.
  • But if you put it on 'Auto', you lose out on Artisans.
  • Upgrade your Stability kingdom score when suffering from 'Worried' or 'Crumbling' status.
  • Bag of Tricks can make all kingdom events complete in one day - very useful.
  • Be careful when using mods with Kingdom Management, sometimes there are glitches.
Also:

I strongly recommend that you choose the Surtova envoy at the beginning of the game so that you get the councillor named Shandra Mervey. She's by far the best choice. Also, don't accept the offer during the coronation. Another matter would be when you get the option about taxes, pick lower taxes.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
So, ehm, i got this free on epic. I wanted to know how to make kingdom management as much relaxed as possible, i don't mind mechanics spoiler, sinc ethis part of the game doesn't interest me. I don't want to fail quests for time limit and some timed quests are already giving me anxiety. So how to play at relaxed pace without worrying about time limits and kingdom management?
"I've got this game for nothing, and I don't want to experience any of its unique features. How can I not play the game I've got for free? Also, I can't do swarms for shit."

Just delete the game.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
So, ehm, i got this free on epic. I wanted to know how to make kingdom management as much relaxed as possible, i don't mind mechanics spoiler, sinc ethis part of the game doesn't interest me. I don't want to fail quests for time limit and some timed quests are already giving me anxiety. So how to play at relaxed pace without worrying about time limits and kingdom management?
"I've got this game for nothing, and I don't want to experience any of its unique features. How can I not play the game I've got for free? Also, I can't do swarms for shit."

Just delete the game.
Why would i delete the game if i enjoy its crpg elements? If they put another genre half assed feature i don't like, why i should suffer through it? cause some autist on internet is butthurt?

Yosharian

Arcane
Why would i delete the game if i enjoy its crpg elements? If they put another genre half assed feature i don't like, why i should suffer through it? cause some autist on internet is butthurt?
Ah I see you've met our resident idiot, don't mind him just ignore him and he'll go back to licking the nearest window

Also, don't accept the offer during the coronation.
Nothing wrong with saying yes at the coronation to the loan offer since it merely allows you the option of taking it whenever you please. It's +25% building cost for 500 BP, but that downside is avoidable by not building buildings while the modifier is in effect. It's a few month of downtime and a small amount of BP for your treasurer to remove the modifier. So take the 500 BP when you have a lot of downtime and aren't building anything (e.g. after finishing troll trouble when you're just spending a few months leveling advisors). In terms of trading gold for BP it's like getting 32,000 gold basically for free.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
It's +25% building cost for 500 BP, but that downside is avoidable by not building buildings while the modifier is in effect.
I would argue that this loan is well placed to spend on a massive shrine building spree at the beginning to get to the teleportation circles ASAP. This way the time and headache saved on artisan quests will be worth it.

I don't want to fail quests for time limit and some timed quests are already giving me anxiety [...] So how to play at relaxed pace without worrying about time limits and kingdom management?
Generally you should do timed quests swiftly after you get them, but you will have plenty of time to do so if you aren't skipping forward weeks or even months during kingdom management. It is also pretty clear what is a timed quest and what is not simply by reading the description and using common sense.

Also, If you aren't sleep spamming every two minutes, then you don't have to worry about the time limit of the first main quest in the game either.

i'm in the spider cave at the beginnin gof the game right now
Buy a bunch of alchemist fire and acid flasks from Bokken to take out the swarms. You can also just skip Bokken's side quest in the Spider Cave and do it later.

I wanted to know how to make kingdom management as much relaxed as possible
Kingdom management is a really tedious and repetitive chore and the only unenjoyable part of the game. It is up to you if you want to set it to automatic mode or not.

Neki

Scholar
Have been playing this, one one hand kingdom managing its a cool concept but kinda counter intuitive?
Its the kinda of thing adventures retire to do, i think i kinda explored too much and my kingdom got destroyed couple times, some of my stats are in the dirt and only have unlocked 1 advisor, 3 villages 1 town, in the middle of season of the bloom, how fucked am i?

Yosharian

Arcane
Have been playing this, one one hand kingdom managing its a cool concept but kinda counter intuitive?
Its the kinda of thing adventures retire to do, i think i kinda explored too much and my kingdom got destroyed couple times, some of my stats are in the dirt and only have unlocked 1 advisor, 3 villages 1 town, in the middle of season of the bloom, how fucked am i?
Some tips for Kingdom Management in my steam page

Yosharian

Arcane
My only agenda is I can't be arsed to write out the same tips a thousand times every time someone new asks the same damn question

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom