Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Semiurge

Cipher
GOG hasn't always been the greatest for including documents and other bonus materials from the original physical release. Sadly I cannot quite remember what game it was but there was one I purchased which was missing a poster and supplemental booklets that I know the physical version had, I think it was a space game.

Did their release of Thief 2 come with those desktop goodies the physical releases did? They would only serve as a curiosity now.

What desktop goodies....?

Wallpapers and a set of cursors. They were in the Sold Out release.
Do mean mean on the original disk from the trapezoid physical box?

Nope, this:

RcGbRSE.jpg

Narushima

Cipher
No problem. I'll copy/paste so I don't get the adblock screen.
I don't even mind the idea of the forum getting a fee from sales that way, but it's just less convenient.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I see admins have made the affiliated links sneakier.

Sorry, nothing I can do about it besides breaking the URL. You could always copy paste the text into your browser instead, if you prefer.
You could just use a url shortener. But then no one would want to click it. Or you could just past in the url without making it a link and people could just paste it into their url bar as you said.

www.gog.com/promo/20211011_weekly_sale

Given the headache of running a site like this, I don't begrudge Infinitron DarkUnderlord his due, but their tracker seems to block my VPN, ruining any chance of revenue from my purchases, ironically. :M

Last edited by a moderator:

Boleskine

Arcane
https://af.gog.com/news/introducing_new_ways_to_browse_and_filter_game_catalog?as=1649904300

Introducing new ways to browse and filter game catalog
10 hours ago

We’re happy to announce that we’re slowly starting to roll out a new game catalog on GOG. Today, first users will get the chance to check new and robust ways to browse the entire offer on the store.

With more than 5500 products in the catalog, searching for the next game to play or discovering the gems to add to your collection can be a hassle. We understand that – we’ve been listening to your feedback and researching ways to improve your experience with GOG’s offer.

Now, we've introduced the new catalog on GOG to the first group of users – some of you may have already noticed the change. It allows for a more customized search, adding more ways to sort and filter games via price range, genres, release date range, and newly introduced tags system. You can see a little sneak peek at the attached image.

In the coming weeks, we will be rolling out the new catalog to more users, while we test its performance. Let us know how you like it!

gogcatalog_editorial_3.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
It's great to see the GOG website entering the year 2010!
What's next, I wonder?
Ignoring games?! A page where you can see your forum posts?! A way to hide forum topics?!

A way to ignore extremely tiresome posters like dtgreene?

Anyway, new functions seem to work, except sorting games by "date added".

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Same, been since 2008 and that name ain't ringing any bell.
Didn't spend much time here though, just got 3rd star recently with lazy posting and not remembering any name.
Beside poor Judas...
:negative:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I see, another long time member went nuts. Not that rare sadly, even worse when formerly it was decent folk.
Also remember some tinEye or whatever and bunch of trolls who get Negative tag minutes after posting anything.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I see, another long time member went nuts.

No, the gender-bot was obnoxious from the day it's firmware was updated and it was able to post.

TinyE was just a sad individual. I don't think he had any life at all (and that's coming from me) who was always the first to reply to any new thraeds with some "funny" quip.

Last edited:

Narushima

Cipher
I contacted GOG support about the forum notification (purple dot) that never disappears as it should, and got a response 2 weeks later:

XmALtxW.png

"Currently being worked on"
The thread he's linking is from 2018. I guess they're still working on it...
(To be fair, the user-provided workaround does work)

The rep's avatar flipping me off is really just the icing on the cake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom