Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Give Fate Unlock Code | Fate/Grand Order Thread

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
So, I had thought there was already a thread on this, but I guess not.

Earlier this year, I became infected with this particular cellphone-borne brain virus.

I may be 4 years late on it, but it seems to have held up well enough. And since Aniplex are releasing more anime based on it, I think it's still something fans of the series can enjoy.

My thoughts on it after making it most of the way through the second lost belt:
The gacha is cruel for free to play, but doable if you don't mind investing the time to get free quartz and wait for the right banners instead of wasting quartz on a bait banner.
Extremely grindy, but events can supply you with most of your needs if you're patient.
The plot in the main quest is extremely campy with a lot of pointless grind until Singularity 6, wherein it becomes phenomenal and the gameplay suddenly becomes challenging and enjoyable.
Seasonal events liven things up, give you lots of resources for leveling and some give you really decent free servants, but some require completing late-game content, so grinding through the main story is a must.

10/10 best King Arthur RPG ever. :M

FufvCUb.png

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I like how the Lost Belts are all about declaring exterminatus on dead end alternate futures because they are too horrible to imagine life continuing as, and in the first one of them, people simply got turned into furries.

Also, DM me your friend codes. :M

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gacha games all equally suck to some extent. It's just a global addiction mixed with polish and psychological manipulation.

inb4 thread merge anyway

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Gacha games all equally suck to some extent. It's just a global addiction mixed with polish and psychological manipulation.
Normally, I would agree, but the events are entertaining and once I hit the sixth singularity the story really hooked me.

Plus, the IP itself is fairly compelling for a chinese cartoon.
inb4 thread merge anyway
Thread merge to where? I did multiple searches and came up with nothing. I guess the game isn't in Europe or hasn't been for a very long time, thus making it less popular with an audience as spread out across the globe as the Codex's.

I'm all for keeping things organized, but if no one can find a thread on it, they'll just start a new one again.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nasuverse/nasuwriting is pretty good (outside of the weird aniplex localizations), but you don't need to actually play the game to experience that. And there are probably better chuuni-style VNs that don't manipulate children into gambling.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Nasuverse/nasuwriting is pretty good (outside of the weird aniplex localizations), but you don't need to actually play the game to experience that. And there are probably better chuuni-style VNs that don't manipulate children into gambling.
This is fair, of course. Though it mystifies me why a parent would give a kid credit card access.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom