Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How does Sven driking a potion as a bonus action make you feal?
That he's using a well-known and popular house rule? It really depends on the difficulty of the run. If it's a meat grinder, not having potions as bonus actions makes them pretty useless because resorting to them means you are already in a death spiral and wasting a turn to drink is not ideal.
You know you're the cutest, right? :love:

Changing the action to use a potion from a bonus to a "standard" action doesn't change its usefulness, because in both cases it's still a crutch to keep the encounter going.

WITHOUT the houserule, you waste your action to drink the potion and the enemy wastes his action to down you once again.

WITH the houserule, you waste your action to down your enemy BECAUSE during his next turn he will just rise again with his bonus action (or, in our specific case, the bonus action of another enemy). You get the same outcome, just with a more complex expenditure of time (but if the objective is to convey the importance of the "sacred water", then it's spot on).

Mintharra has a new look every patch.
She cute

Ulfhednar

Savant
It's just typical codex echochamber behavior, same people still unaware that DOS2 is one of the best selling cRPGs ever released and think games like Kingmaker are even remotely in the same ballpark for sales.
Sure, D:OS 2 sold a couple million units, and McD's sold a few billion quality shit burgers.
But if I want a game that plays like BGT, I'm gonna play Kingmaker or WotR instead of BalD:OS Gate 3, and if I want a good burger I'm gonna cook it on the grill...

Codex Year of the Donut
It's just typical codex echochamber behavior, same people still unaware that DOS2 is one of the best selling cRPGs ever released and think games like Kingmaker are even remotely in the same ballpark for sales.
Sure, D:OS 2 sold a couple million units, and McD's sold a few billion quality shit burgers.
But if I want a game that plays like BGT, I'm gonna play Kingmaker or WotR instead of BalD:OS Gate 3, and if I want a good burger I'm gonna cook it on the grill...
WotR is a great tranny simulator, hope you enjoy it.

Larianshill

Arbiter
It is no longer possible to cheese Dror Ragzlin fight with mage hand. Upon being pushed into a bottomless pit, he'll stop time for a few seconds to inform the goblins that you're to blame, and only upon time resuming will he fall to his death.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
OwlTrannies are seething that BG3 does not have in your face tranny butch relationship shoved down your throat 5 mins into the game. What? What do you mean the game does not include Strong black wombyn who is unkillable and is your first mandatory companion? What do you mean there is not a single homosexual couple in the entire game (in early access so far) how can that be????? This will not stand!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When helicoptering tranny dicks in RPGs becomes mandatory by European Comission directive, Swen will have nowhere to run.

BG3 looks cool, and I'll definetly play it, though the dialogues and animations still remind me of Dragon Age Origins. By the time the game comes out in 2023 they will look even more dated. But animations and childish writing are things I'm willing to overlook in a BG3 by Larian.

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
nice default human you got there
bLu8ajD.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

volklore

Arcane
Pathfinder based cRPG players are also interested in DnD based cRPG, who would have thought?
I suspect they enjoy your reeee-ing to, I know I do!

BruceVC

Magister
Im super excited about the final release of BG3, I have avoided learning anything major about this game and I never play early access or beta test games because I dont want to know anything about the mechanics and gameplay of any anticipated game
And if someone asks " how do you know BG3 will be a worthy successor to the BG franchise without some prior knowledge " thats easy. I loved D:OS2 and I implicitly trust Larian to deliver on excitement and entertainment :salute:

volklore

Arcane
I personally am hoping it's more DoS1 than 2 but at least they have an established ruleset this time that they won't manage to ruin with a shitty armor system (hopefully).

Thonius

Arcane
I'm hoping it won't have anything in common with those games.
Tough titties tho, not sure how they went with that forge location but the first chapter is to theme parkey, I would prefer if there was a loading screen between locations(they as in location will be smol tho, because of it).
Also text, interface, animations, barrels(now less of those), humor (colors and crayons), containers everywhere.
Oh, and I like cnc and reactivity too bad they are glued to dnd5 and not 3rd. :(
At least we don't have colored rng loot (as far as I remember) :incline:

Edit: Oh and it will come out 22 or 23 and I don't see any RPG planned at that time on my radar, so....

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom