Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mauman

Learned
But I believe that their next AP will be Iron Gods. Lets see if I'm right.

The worst thing that can happen with a next Pathfinder game is going 2E.

Man, as much as I'd rather see Shackles come up as their next one, I'm looking REALLY forward to the massive meltdown that'll happen if Iron Gods gets picked. Gonna be fuckin' hilarious.

Either AP I'd finally get my gunslinger, so it's cool.

I have heard many people saying that gunslinger is too OP. I strongly disagree. I mean :

• Tier 10 spells for Lich/Angels = OK
  • Muskets? Too overpowered!!!!
Part of me just wishes that they'd at least port in the Crossbowman class, so crossbows could be actually USEFUL.

But yeah, the "GUNZ R OPZ" stuff is stupid. There's a 100 ways to break balance already, who cares if there's one more? :P

(It's not that imbalanced though)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Imagine Barbarians armed with both melee weapons and guns (both traditional projectile and sci-fi variants) vs Giant robots and you get a pretty good picture of what you'll be expecting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that barbarians hates technology and are in constant problems with the technique league(technomancers)

Mauman

Learned
Imagine Barbarians armed with both melee weapons and guns (both traditional projectile and sci-fi variants) vs Giant robots and you get a pretty good picture of what you'll be expecting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that barbarians hates technology and are in constant problems with the technique league(technomancers)

Some do, some don't. Barbarians, being the completely non-singular group that they are, have different values that vary from tribe to tribe. I was just trying to paint a picture that showcased the ridiculousness of it all.

Technically, (in 1st ed) the leader of the nation IS a barbarian (who's just a brainwashed figurehead of the technomancers).

Jackpot

Learned
In my mind Iron Gods is really the only way forward they have.
How do you one-up mythic paths? Robots and guns.
That's basically it.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
In my mind Iron Gods is really the only way forward they have.
How do you one-up mythic paths? Robots and guns.
That's basically it.

Orbital plasma cannon?

Anyway, I'm all for riding a dinosaur with a laser turret on its head into battle against giant robots. If you're going to stop doing vanilla fantasy, you may as well take it all the way.

If nothing else, you couldn't say it's been done to death. :P

EDIT: Plug it into my veins, I am ready!

1261601.jpg

Mauman

Learned
On a completely unrelated note to the current discussion:

Is anybody else extremely annoyed that the Lexicon of paradox checks require the MC to perform the checks? Seriously, I have a skald next to me with 35+ in all knowledges. Can't she do the reading? :(

Technomancer

Liturgist
I want to be a tank but with intelligence. Is there any class and build not too complicated for this? :) Thank you

Magus Weapon Master gets to cast arcane spells and gets bonus AC from INT. Add to that Mirror Image, Blur, Displacement, Invisibility, Stone Skin.... and the mandatory Crane Style and you will have a melee tank spell caster. In Kingmaker it worked very well for me, but I haven't tried it in Wrath, you could try Azata I guess.

EDIT: By Weapon Master I meant Sword Saint.
Can also go vivisectionist 18, student of war 2. Student of war gives Mind Over Metal on second level which swaps DEX for INT to AC.

If you plan to go legend stacking 20 kensai, 16 vivisectionist and 2 Student of war is the way to go. You get 8 extra alchemical INT from cognatogen, sneak attacks, 20 dodge from kensai INT scaling that stacks with Mind Over Metal. Can always add a level of monk since cognatogens boost WIS. Can get another 10 dodge from a second canny defence from 10 levels of duelist if you can work it in somehow.

If you go kensai pick Bardiche or Heavy Pick as favorite weapon. In these categories you can find weapons that scale both damage and attack from INT.

Last edited:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I'm beginning to notice somethings that've changed since the first build, not just bugfixing. The Arena Fight with Sosiel and his bro is a cutscene now and I swear Daeran's first line in the festival is new recording.

Mauman

Learned

Is anybody else extremely annoyed that the Lexicon of paradox checks require the MC to perform the checks? Seriously, I have a skald next to me with 35+ in all knowledges. Can't she do the reading? :(

Yes, it's dumb. There's a mod that fixes it. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/139

Ah, thank you. I'll look into that.

Unrelated, but I just found this and it gave me a chuckle.

mPxHgof.jpeg

Some "weapon".

Are they trying to subvert expectations or something? :?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So far I have completed A1 and A2, with a total of 7 rests in A1 and 11 rests in A2. I am also thinking of bumping the difficulty up to hard or unfair for this, because even with the rest limitations this is not as challenging as I was expecting it would be. Currently the most challenging part of the run has been micromanaging unit pathfinding, because they have the infuriating tendency to not go where you click.
Just a word of warning, there is a good chance that changing the Difficulty, even Core > Hard >Unfair, could auto-fail all difficulty-related achievements.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So far I have completed A1 and A2, with a total of 7 rests in A1 and 11 rests in A2. I am also thinking of bumping the difficulty up to hard or unfair for this, because even with the rest limitations this is not as challenging as I was expecting it would be. Currently the most challenging part of the run has been micromanaging unit pathfinding, because they have the infuriating tendency to not go where you click.
Just a word of warning, there is a good chance that changing the Difficulty, even Core > Hard >Unfair, could auto-fail all difficulty-related achievements.

Unless they've changed how this works, doing anything to your difficulty after you start immediately sets it to "Custom" and makes you ineligible for any achievements that require a difficulty setting.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Good to know, I will leave it alone then :(

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I want to be a tank but with intelligence. Is there any class and build not too complicated for this? :) Thank you
Sword Saint. Arguably the strongest class in the game. Gets INT based AC bonus similar to what a monk gets with WIZ along with mirror image. Empower spell + maximize spell for spell strike with shocking grasp using a crit weapon like an estoc kills everything quick. A bit too OP to be fun long term though. It's like having god mode on.

Also really strong with Vital Strike and large damage dice weapons. Can True Strike/Arcane Accuracy/Dimension Strike. Perfect Strike maximizes Vital Strike hits. Also Greater Cleaving Finish triggers more Vital Strikes. Just saying.

Yosharian

Arcane

Nexus mods

Yosharian

Arcane
So this happens when you cast Transformation on an ally using Legend Infusion or Brown Fur Transmuter MC:

unknown-2.png

Up to 40 BAB to any person in your party

Mauman

Learned
So this happens when you cast Transformation on an ally using Legend Infusion or Brown Fur Transmuter MC:

unknown-2.png

(licks lips).

One more level then my non-mc level 20 brown fur transmuter will be able to do this.

volklore

Arcane

unknown-2.png

I do not get how this works, does your alch or BfT need to be on the legend mythic path to give 40 bab ?

Mauman

Learned

unknown-2.png

I do not get how this works, does your alch or BfT need to be on the legend mythic path to give 40 bab ?

Long story short - Brown Fur Transmuter is bugged to hell and back (in a breaking game balance sort of way). See my posts about polymorphing dogs to cats for another example a few pages back.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I wasn't expecting much from the crusade mechanic to begin with but I cannot believe how atrocious it is. Why did they even a base cap of 3 units per army? At the very least, having a general in an army should at least double that to 6. Scorching ray & fireball are powerful to point that it trivializes everything else, there is no unit balance to speak of and units aren't even stated as they are described in the army council. The designers didn't seem to understand that the total recruitment numbers per week is what determines unit durability and seem to love the total extremes of units in terms of HP and damage.

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

Unless they've changed how this works, doing anything to your difficulty after you start immediately sets it to "Custom" and makes you ineligible for any achievements that require a difficulty setting.
Why does anyone on the codex care about achievements? The fact that core and above are supposed to disable respecing is ridiculous unless you turn it on and lose achievements, especially when you have to take mythic abilities into account which you wouldn’t know unless you looked them up beforehand. Also, people are always testing things with difficulty setting as well so making that disable them is even more retarded. Why even bother?

Thonius

Arcane
I wasn't expecting much from the crusade mechanic to begin with but I cannot believe how atrocious it is. Why did they even a base cap of 3 units per army? At the very least, having a general in an army should at least double that to 6. Scorching ray & fireball are powerful to point that it trivializes everything else, there is no unit balance to speak of and units aren't even stated as they are described in the army council. The designers didn't seem to understand that the total recruitment numbers per week is what determines unit durability and seem to love the total extremes of units in terms of HP and damage.
Gettin 100 armies laying around with units you cant recruit.. mmmmm. That's why next playthrough i'm going to play with instant win crusader mode but without auto for muh choices.

Riel

Arcane

Certainly Fireball is crazily OP in campaign mode. My general just one shot a level 7 army with it.

:timetoburn:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom