Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sunri

Liturgist
Steam requirements list that this game needs 150GB of hard drive space. Is that true?
It takes around 80
CORiEMh.png
Download != size on disk.
Tj7lwFu.png

Gradenmayer

Learned
Gay vampire is totally halal tho...

You know, I thought he was gay, but it seems there are romantic scene with him and female main characters, so I will guess the companions are "player sexual" so to speak
Never rolled fem char, so how the heck should I know? The dude just jumps MC at sleep and tries to suck off (blood allegedly)...also mannerism. Also "female" players.
You can just kill off the wretched bloodsucker and make the world a better place.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have avoided learning anything major about this game and I never play early access or beta test games because I dont want to know anything about the mechanics and gamepla

Now all you have to remember on release day is to wait at least 4 months for you not to become an unwilling & unpaid beta-tester and all your effort to insulate yourself not to be in vain.

I implicitly trust Larian to deliver on excitement and entertainment

yes, that bug on release of Divinity 2 where there was a memory leak and everyone's game crashed speaks volumes on the quality of their testing and gives us every reason to trust them to... deliver.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
My interest in BG 3 at this point is purely mathematical.
D:OS2 had a staggering success at the first Beta
x4b8UA8.png
But only ~1/3 of Beta players were back for a full release.

BG 3 performed twice worse, despite all its lustre, big name and full VA:
4EQ8yyH.png
So now I am very curious if Swen's rabid advertising and press coverage will turn its release into biggest RPG event of the last decade, or the audience will be fed up with it long before the game is complete and it will repeat D:OS 2 fate - important, but "not a Skyrim".

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
x4b8UA8.png

4EQ8yyH.png
So now I am very curious if Swen rabid advertising and press coverage will turn its release into biggest RPG event of the last decade, or the audience will be fed up with the it long before game is cimplete and it will repeat D:OS 2 fate - important, but "not a Skyrim".
DOS2 released September 2017. Definitive edition released in 2018, EA was 2016.

Daidre

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Actual data: https://steamcharts.com/app/435150
DOS2 saw about a 50x increase in players at release over EA

And yes, the EA really was 2016 before you pretend otherwise
https://www.pcgamer.com/divinity-original-sin-2-is-out-now-on-early-access/

There is numbers for 2016 but it looks like some kind of limited access for a select few (backers?)
jH85SgL.png
Not good for any statistics.
nope, it was full EA. I know because I bought it on Steam in EA.
more people might have been avoiding EA games at the time

Heinrich

Scholar
This is another one of these recurring discussion topics: Person A comes up with the idea that Larian will run out of money or won't sell any copies after early access. Person B corrects him by pointing at Larian's current and past financial success or points out how many more copies DOS1/2 sold after early access. Person A turns around and goes 'lololol who cares about sales, anybody who brings up sales is decline', nevermind that he brought it up in the first place and is in fact the biggest decline around. We really should make an index of this crap.

Daidre

Arcane
Honestly, I came into this topic due to curiosity about new location and content. But everyone here only discuss Bugfinder and gay vampire.
(Half of the people are still downloading 60GB monstrosity of the patch probably...)

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
So who told Swen to take out everything that is fun about the combat? didn't people learn already that unbalanced but fun game with cheese and op shit is better than balanced slog? good job D&D cucks you ruined more games than you will ever know.

x4b8UA8.png

4EQ8yyH.png
So now I am very curious if Swen's rabid advertising and press coverage will turn its release into biggest RPG event of the last decade, or the audience will be fed up with it long before the game is complete and it will repeat D:OS 2 fate - important, but "not a Skyrim".
Your numbers are completely off.
As far as Early Access builds go, BG3 is bigger than DOS 2 ever was by orders of magnitude.

jackofshadows

Magister
Oh, so Chromatic Orb deals less damage and creates a motherfucking surface. I see. Fuck you too, Swen.
Turns out, removing surface feature from cantrips was just a strategic move by sleazy bastards. I bet 90% of the "removed" barrels were just strategically relocated onto the next acts then, probably.

And then they wonder why nobody takes swentards seriously, he cants help himself but to put surface "gameplay" everywhere.
Surfaces aside every time I watch Swen Vincke playing his own titles I can't help but being annoyed about how gleefully he does whatever in his power to leverage exploits, cheese their own broken mechanics to the best of his capabilities, etc, etc.
It's not an exception in his playstyle, it's what he constantly focuses on, to the point that even a lot of users on their forums are starting to call him out.

For example the fact that the keeps leveraging the trick of keeping party members out of combat in stealth and then use them to break the initiative queue at convenience.
A serious developer would say "Well, this is silly, we need to do something to limit this" (and it wouldn't even take much work to address it, frankly). Conversely Swen Vincke boasts about it; he giggles while showing his own broken mess on an official streaming and puffing his chest.

Codex Year of the Donut
And then they wonder why nobody takes swentards seriously, he cants help himself but to put surface "gameplay" everywhere.
Surfaces aside every time I watch Swen Vincke playing his own titles I can't help but being annoyed about how gleefully he does whatever in his power to leverage exploits, cheese their own broken mechanics to the best of his capabilities, etc, etc.
It's not an exception in his playstyle, it's what he constantly focuses on, to the point that even a lot of users on their forums are starting to call him out.

For example the fact that the keeps leveraging the trick of keeping party members out of combat in stealth and then use them to break the initiative queue at convenience.
A serious developer would say "Well, this is silly, we need to do something to limit this" (and it wouldn't even take much work to address it, frankly). Conversely Swen Vincke boasts about it; he giggles while showing his own broken mess on an official streaming and puffing his chest.
go away josh

Thonius

Arcane

Hmm, clearly that's "samodur" problem, someone needs to oppose him sometimes, although that might be risky for a career. A tiny bit of Josh won't do any harm here. Also transition to DnD 3.5

Harthwain

Magister

Not sure why you think this is something negative. If anything this proves Swen is a true gamer at heart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom