Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

typical user

Arbiter
100 mods in an overexaggaration by that dude. One of the mods is a texture swap for polish mayonese. Really? For memes cool, I rate it 420/69, but don't caption your video as "you need these 100 mods to fix it" when part of it is some stupid shit or texture packs.

Also that guy gave me Yongyea and Skillup vibes, so in other words, another aspiring sellout. There is another fanboy lurking on Reddit and other forums claiming Cyberdump is the best RGP eva because in one quest you can get different ending by reading some files on a computer or how LARP lifepath dialog choices haven't been done and how unique that is in gaming genre.

Game is broken. For example, the UI and camera controls are lower in priority stack than streaming map assets. Try riding your car at full speed through city center and open up your inventory or switch camera from TPP to FPP. And then tell me how can you fix that. This is an engine level issue.

Same thing with balancing loot and perks. No one really knows how resistances work or if they work at all. Guns are either completely instagib or it takes more time to reload them than to release Duke Nukem Forever.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I managed to pass the rescue mission by grabbing one of the bad guys and using him as a human shield, dragging him back into a corridor and killing him there, and looting 5 grandes from his body. With the grenades, Jackie's help (if he does damage at all), and my own shooting, I killed everyone.

However in the drive and shoot section on the way back from the rescue I think it's entirely impossible to pass without using god mode temporarily, because there are parts where you are shoved in front of a bad guy shooting at you and you can't dodge or maneuver out of the way.

Edit: I somehow passed that and remained at 4 health.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I managed to pass the rescue mission by grabbing one of the bad guys and using him as a human shield, dragging him back into a corridor and killing him there, and looting 5 grandes from his body. With the grenades, Jackie's help (if he does damage at all), and my own shooting, I killed everyone.

However in the drive and shoot section on the way back from the rescue I think it's entirely impossible to pass without using god mode temporarily, because there are parts where you are shoved in front of a bad guy shooting at you and you can't dodge or maneuver out of the way.

Edit: I somehow passed that and remained at 4 health.

You need to loot all the stimpaks in the scopmunchers' lair before leaving :)

Interestingly, the rebalance mod author apologizes for having that first mission's difficulty be substantially lower than usual - for the reason that that scripted sequence is absolutely deadly out of the gate with the rebalance mod.

I remember someone saying in this thread that the first mission is one of the best in the game because the difficulty is pretty well-tuned, it's quite challenging on hard - and it all goes downhill from there. The rebalance mod sorts that out, at the cost of making the first mission too easy. You win some and you lose some.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After a couple of deaths I did loot the few stimpacks lying around the place before the area with the 4-5 bad guys.

I also dropped the difficulty to Normal from the recommended Hard. If it starts feeling too easy I'll push it back to hard. The general rebalance is an interesting proposition. If I have a simple minigame of choosing the right resistance and the right damage type for various enemy types, it will be a cool little addition to make combat a bit better. Then if I stick to the main quest and the secondary "quests", I theorize that the game will be sufferable.

deem

Savant
Is there at least one to make all the same weapons deal the same damage and not a random one? And only realistic looking clothes giving realistic protection?
This is the type of mod I would be interested in. I do not like this Diablo-esque item randomization. It is especially egregious if you have the misfortune of finding a legendary item on a low level.

I have seen a mod that scales all the items in your possession to your level. Has anyone tried that one? How does it mesh with the crafting system?

AwesomeButton

Patron

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
why need a complete rebalance megamod when you can sit outside the objective building and oneshot everyone without even line of sight?

IIRC the rebalance mod gets rid of that functionality for tech weapons unless you have the deep perk (fuck all walls) or that signature Nekomata sniper rifle, which has the perk built in. Hacking also loses the functionality to "see through walls" until you get a particular later perk. Not sure about that one, since hacking isn't like seeing, but "being aware of position" via GPS or something.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
IIRC the rebalance mod gets rid of that functionality for tech weapons unless you have the deep perk (fuck all walls) or that signature Nekomata sniper rifle, which has the perk built in. Hacking also loses the functionality to "see through walls" until you get a particular later perk. Not sure about that one, since hacking isn't like seeing, but "being aware of position" via GPS or something.
You cant hack through walls anymore they changed that in vannila you have to use the cameras now to get line of sight.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected

don't know hos trustworthy this guy is but he talks about cyberpunk 2077 gettting massive changes to core systems over the next couple years including a rework of the police system, transmog, barbershops etc

it took them 10 months for just a bunch of hotfixes, and as far as i know the game is still a gorram mess. trusting him? i'd rather let my daughter have a date with ted bundy.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
he talks about cyberpunk 2077 gettting massive changes to core systems over the next couple years including a rework of the police system, transmog, barbershops etc

Only two games that i ever saw getting this type of treatment were No Man Sky and Final Fantasy XIV and those games were a niche live service game and a MMO that had Director that had the balls to admit that shit was wrong and actually fixed everything including a In-Lore reboot.

I highly doubt it that CDPR going to pull off one those in a single player game.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
he talks about cyberpunk 2077 gettting massive changes to core systems over the next couple years including a rework of the police system, transmog, barbershops etc

Only two games that i ever saw getting this type of treatment were No Man Sky and Final Fantasy XIV and those games were a niche live service game and a MMO that had Director that had the balls to admit that shit was wrong and actually fixed everything including a In-Lore reboot.

I highly doubt it that CDPR going to pull off one those in a single player game.
There is no point of doing anything like that for singleplayer game they will maybe make 2 expansions do more fixes and move on. If Glitcher 4 is good anyone will forget about Cyberbug failure anyway. Most of the profit from singleplayer games is made in the first 3 months after release so they have 0 inventive to invest more money into revamping whole game.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

don't know hos trustworthy this guy is but he talks about cyberpunk 2077 gettting massive changes to core systems over the next couple years including a rework of the police system, transmog, barbershops etc

Is feels like the game has been in development hell post-release. They have literally wasted a year.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Oh my, this is the same shill with the modlist :lol:

I have played very little so far, just got out of the maelstrom base with the bot, but crazy as it may sound, after 40-odd mods combat and shooting feel the same :lol:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Spawn NPCs, customize their clothing :bounce:, trigger cutscenes with them (
sweatonmybrow.png
): https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/790

tritosine2k

Erudite
^ that "back-alley" stuff is the reason why they need to pick up the pace with existential horror stuff mostly befitting the corpo background and fix driving that'd befit the nomad mostly.

AwesomeButton

Patron
It's amazing how this game continues to be a huge letdown even on the most basic level, almost a year after launch.

See this video: https://youtu.be/P1RqnE45cRI From 28:40 onwards you can clearly see a hologram of a stripper dancing on the table while you're there talking with Evelyn. Well, now that I'm revisiting the same quest and the same location, the stripper is not there. :lol:

I don't get why would they censor this of all things, but it's another move that's hypocritical, stupid and futile at the same time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom