Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dear nazi douchebags, (or: no-ban policy has been revoked)

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Shit we don't want on our forum is shit we don't want on our forum, irregardless of whether or not it shows on the front page.

'irregardless' is not a word.
Someone resurrect him so we can amend this!

Few words draw the ire of grammarians as swiftly as irregardless. The term has been in use in English for over a century, but whether or not it’s a “real word” or one you should use in daily conversation continues to be the subject of debate.Irregardless is a nonstandard synonym for regardless, which means “without concern as to advice, warning, or hardship,” or “heedless.” Its nonstandard status is due to the double negative construction of the prefix ir- with the suffix -less. The prefix ir- means “not,” while the suffix -less means “without,” literally translating to “not without regard.” This, of course, is the opposite of what English speakers generally intend to convey when using this term; for this reason, style guides unanimously urge against using irregardless.

Although editors purge irregardless from most published writing, the term is alive and well in spoken English and is recorded in most dictionaries. Those who use it may do so to add emphasis.

The bottom line is that irregardless is indeed a word, albeit a clunky one. That said, to avoid the wrath of your grammar-loving friends, it’s safest to avoid using irregardless altogether.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/is-irregardless-a-word/

It's a word that's been in use for over a century.

Its past usage doesn't make it correct. Regardless conveys the exact same meaning. Irregardless is pretentious nonsense that dweebs and academics use to sound smart- like factoid.
t. (grammar) nazi

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Shit we don't want on our forum is shit we don't want on our forum, irregardless of whether or not it shows on the front page.

Few words draw the ire of grammarians as swiftly as irregardless. The term has been in use in English for over a century, but whether or not it’s a “real word” or one you should use in daily conversation continues to be the subject of debate.Irregardless is a nonstandard synonym for regardless, which means “without concern as to advice, warning, or hardship,” or “heedless.” Its nonstandard status is due to the double negative construction of the prefix ir- with the suffix -less. The prefix ir- means “not,” while the suffix -less means “without,” literally translating to “not without regard.” This, of course, is the opposite of what English speakers generally intend to convey when using this term; for this reason, style guides unanimously urge against using irregardless.

Although editors purge irregardless from most published writing, the term is alive and well in spoken English and is recorded in most dictionaries. Those who use it may do so to add emphasis.

The bottom line is that irregardless is indeed a word, albeit a clunky one. That said, to avoid the wrath of your grammar-loving friends, it’s safest to avoid using irregardless altogether.

Its past usage doesn't make it correct. Regardless conveys the exact same meaning. Irregardless is pretentious nonsense that dweebs and academics use to sound smart- like factoid.
t. (grammar) nazi

You're wrong and just suck it up buttercup. I don't give a shit what you think especially when the word exists and in use irregardless of what you think.

Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless Irregardless

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Sugoi! You're cute and I would love to suck you up like a buttercup. I spend all day agonizing over what you think especially when the word definitely does not exist and was never in use. Thanks for the English lesson, Rean-sama.

I love Rean I love Rean I love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love Rean

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Sugoi! You're cute and I would love to suck you up like a buttercup. I spend all day agonizing over what you think especially when the word definitely does not exist and was never in use. Thanks for the English lesson, Rean-sama.

I love Rean I love Rean I love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love ReanI love Rean

I do love you though irregardless of what you think.

Codex Year of the Donut

t. (grammar) nazi
irregardless of your opinion, it's a word

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
not really. people who have been radicalized by the internet or whatever external factors have been around since forever

Imagine signing up to be a janny on the most offensive RPG discussion site on the internet and deciding "I have to stop the racisms".

I mean, you've gotta have brain worms to become a forum janny in the first place, but at least sign up for resetera or some other already garbage place that agrees with your retarded safe space needs.

I've never said the dreaded "N-word" either so save your "Oh pwecious whitey is just mad he can't say the n-word" bullshit.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Imagine signing up to be a janny on the most offensive RPG discussion site on the internet and deciding "I have to stop the racisms".

I mean, you've gotta have brain worms to become a forum janny in the first place, but at least sign up for resetera or some other already garbage place that agrees with your retarded safe space needs.

I've never said the dreaded "N-word" either so save your "Oh pwecious whitey is just mad he can't say the n-word" bullshit.

If you're talking about Calis, who created the thread, I don't think he signed for that; with an account number 2, he was there from the start, so he never "signed up to be a janny on the most offensive RPG discussion site on the internet". Instead he saw it grow and evolve and decided it wasn't what he wanted for the site

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
If you're talking about Calis, who created the thread, I don't think he signed for that; with an account number 2, he was there from the start, so he never "signed up to be a janny on the most offensive RPG discussion site on the internet". Instead he saw it grow and evolve and decided it wasn't what he wanted for the site

Thankfully here on the Dex we're nazis but NOT douchebags, so his point is invalid.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
This thread is really funny.

Calis status is "pensionado". I vaguely remember the thread and think I actually took it as confirmation that the management would eventually do something about the morons. And he sounds like he actually meant it serious too.

His message is completely clear, even of a lucid simplicity that anyone would agree with

This is OK:
"The mingling of cultures is weakening our society. I believe firmly that a return to conservative values in a monocultural nation is the only way to maintain our strength."

This is not:
"Jews are evil! They're plotting to weaken the white man and are keeping the black man dumb through hip-hop! Also, the holocaust never happened and Muslims eat babies."

And normally you would think anyone would understand this without further instruction but he didn't reckon with countries who are 100, maybe 200 years behind and currently further regressing.

But at least this place is now an opportunity to get to know the dumbest of the dumb of the planet and laugh about their impotent stupidity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom