Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Sunri

Liturgist
doRXcLN.png

hahahahahahah

volklore

Arcane
What you are talking about the mythic levels being better for casting than the stat is wrong because of the pace you get these levels and the spell levels you get for them. Your spell level is considered 2 for the ability you get at mythic level 3. So you are getting spells that are cast as level 2 spells with 3 bonus to it. They are equivalent to a level 10 character casting a level 2 ability with +3 stats. You have this bonus for nearly entirety of act 3, which is the longest act, and has enemies from anywhere from 10 to 18.

Case you are describing is impossible - Azata gets lvl 2 spells at rank 4, she could never cast them with "3 bonus to it". She gets at lvl 4 and that is analogue to 18 main spellcasting stat. So replacing casting stat with Mythic Rank we get "casting" stat in +3-10 range, analogue to 16-30 Int/Wis/Cha. It is more than 95% of builds, who are not spellcasting-focused could ever dream of.

And I agree that Mythic Spells are useless on Hard+. Fuck, half of my Bard's spellbook was useless on Unfair in P:K. Should we delete it too?
It's just stupid that Mythic spells you get from mythic level are all trash. Mythic levels even have baked in CL requirement, why not set the DC of mythic spells on the highest Spell level you can cast at this CL requirement (and put them in your base spellbook at that spell level - or in your base spellbook and allow heightening up to whatever SL you can cast). And then make them scale off your attribute modifier like any normal spell. All of these fancy spells and the only useable ones are buffs unless you play a spellbook merge mythic path. I was playing on my Azata caster the other day and while it is very strong and flavorful, I just thought to myself that I would be casting Weird and Wail about 3 CL ago if I picked lich. Now I am 2 CL away from them. And while Azata is probably really good late game, it was always about tempo. There is nothing approaching the power of spellbook merge in this game for full casters and gishes.

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
why not set the DC of mythic spells on the highest Spell level you can cast at this CL requirement.
I disagree tbh. That bonus should still require the usage of metamagic. It shouldn't be free. But yes, scaling from attribute bonuses is the bare minimum.
Yeah what I mean is not have them scale Solely on mythic and have an actual attribute modifier there. Mythic levels come real slow, you play the most chunky acts of the game with 3-5 (4-5 with optimized route)

volklore

Arcane
Retarded to see idiots talking about azata being weak at DCs, like wtf? Its literally the BEST path for a dc caster. Permanent persistent spell on everything you cast which is I believe equivalent to +5 dc, +2 dc to will saving throws (ode to miraculous magic spell 10 min/level), +2 to all dcs (believe in yourself +4 morale bonus to int 10 min/level), +2 dc to all spells (songs of steel 1 rnd/lvl). What other path can really compete with that in terms of dc casting? Demon with its +8 dc I believe still falls short. As far as I know lich doesnt have much of anything to increase dcs.
Yeah persistent spell on any spells except any hazard spell, and Ode to miraculous magic doesn't work and only gives Spell res bonus, the will saving throw DC bonus does not work. Try it, it does not.
Believe in yourself you get later. Now I am not saying Azata is weak, it is strong. In fact it is a well designed path that have good things for many archetypes. The point is Lich is just flat out, so much better for casters. Who cares about auto persistent when you get about 4-5 Spell progression levels by picking lich and get insane mythic spells at that because of spellbook merging. While azata gets auto persistent which is great Lich basically gets to cast spells that are 3 spell levels higher for most of the game.

Sharpedge

Prophet
The funniest part about this discussion regarding spell DCs is that if you play on unfair, unless you go the expanded arsenal bug abuse route you won't be able to land any DC based spells on enemies anyhow. With a DC of 74 on illusion spells there are still enemies which can make the will saves. The main reason angel and lich are so good, aside from massively boosting your CL, is because the angel and lich specific spells are good even if the enemy makes a save. I mean look at spells like this:
5nCwFnO.jpg

Good old, "save and do the same thing to the enemy." Or bolt of Justice which deals 1d12 damage/CL to the enemies which matter and a reflex save only prevents the enemy from being proned.

Last edited:

Riel

Arcane
The funniest part about this discussion regarding spell DCs is that if you play on unfair, unless you go the expanded arsenal bug abuse route you won't be able to land any DC based spells on enemies anyhow. With a DC of 74 on illusion spells there are still enemies which can make the will saves. The main reason angel and lich are so good, aside from massively boosting your CL, is because the angel and lich specific spells are good even if the enemy makes a save. I mean look at spells like this:
5nCwFnO.jpg

Good old, "save and do the same thing to the enemy." Or bolt of Justice which deals 1d12 damage/CL to the enemies which matter and a reflex save only prevents the enemy from being proned.

You guys do realize 1d12 is 6.5 damage in average, don't you? So at caster level 20 with save it will be around 130 fire dmg and without it 120 dire dmg + 120 holly damage.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So at caster level 20 with save it will be around 130 fire dmg and without it 120 dire dmg + 120 holly damage.

If you merge spellbook, the minimum caster level to cast a tier 10 spell is 28. So, is AT LEAST 28d12 in a AoE with no risk of team harming. Other tier 10 spell

vdjTzNz.png

kmrBXyY.png

volklore

Arcane
Unfair stats are absolutely retarded in the lategame from what I have seen and you have to have an absolutely optimized team. Although you can land DC spells with a good saving throw debuff team. But Unfair is so stupid in wrath, which I guess is the point - Beating unfair with a non spellbook merge mythic (Gish or full caster) is probably a challenge of the hair-pulling sort.

Sharpedge

Prophet
5nCwFnO.jpg

You guys do realize 1d12 is 6.5 damage in average, don't you? So at caster level 20 with save it will be around 130 fire dmg and without it 120 dire dmg + 120 holly damage.
It was the only screenshot of an angel spell I had on hand. Storm of Justice is the same thing, but a level 8 spell and you can empower+maximize it with rods. In addition, as Meredoth pointed out your CL on merged casters is >20.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ran into my first game stopping bug :(
I fought Deskari in Act 5 and after beating him and game loads into next screen my character dies and I am met with load game screen... I done the battle again, this time more efficient and same shit happened...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I hope that the in game mod support allows you to easily re write in game stuff like NWN2.

I will gonna make a cryomancer homebrew class similar to this homebrew > https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Cryomancer_(3.5e_Class)

there is ingame mode manager?

Not yet. IDK when it will come.

But I will only try to write mods for this game once the DLCs launches. Now I can just work for nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom