Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Another Morrowind Mod List - RP and Content Mods

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
So anyway, I'm enjoying the current playthrough. I rolled a Dunmer with mostly magical skills, but also marksman, light armor and short blade. My basic LARP is that I'm the kind of guy who hunts animals for ingredients to make potions. A westernised Dunmer who at first decided to join the Temple in the old country, but was soon tempted by the power and knowledge of the Telvanni.

Because of this I also couldn't resist the temptation of picking the Atronach sign. So although I'm not a pure mage, I thought it would be interesting to pick magical solutions to most problems, like using Alteration magic instead of Security, Illusion magic instead of sneak/speechcraft, etc.

Unfortunately I forgot to pick Illusion at the beginning and I only discovered this a few hours in and didn't want to restart, so my ability to charm people is limited, and my personality attribute remains low. So I decided that if I really need someone's disposition to be high, I'll just buy some Telvanni bug musk, or maybe figure out how to make a fortify personality potion myself. Or if neither are at hand, I'll just pick the violent solution more often. Although I share some skills with them, I don't really intend to advance in the Thieves Guild anyway, so they'll just have to deal with it if I ended up having to murder the person I was only supposed to steal from.

I'm just avoiding the temptation of beelining for major artifacts or using the Creeper/Mudcrab merchants, so although I'm making decent money, I can't yet afford the 5k for my stronghold, for instance. However I'm also not above taking the opportunities that present themselves, like finding a near-complete set of glass armor with only the smith defending it while making the Ghostgate pilgrimage. Reach heaven by violence...

It's actually funny that I never really messed with alchemy before. I try not to abuse it by raising Intelligence to ridiculous levels, although I did once raise it to about 200 just to make some really good potions. I think this is something any Telvanni would try at least once anyway. So without gaming the system too much, I do let my character have a bit of a mean or opportunistic streak.

After I made Mouth in House Telvanni I was about level 9 and I decided to move on to the mainland for a while. First time I really spent a lot of time in the areas added by the 2019 release of TR, although I saw parts of Old Ebonheart before. Some very nice quests there, like having to decipher the language of the Storm Atronach that the Telvanni appointed as their ambassador to fuck with the Imperials. Although anyone who's ever played the stowaway quest in KOTOR1 will not have trouble with it. I like how there are multiple solutions available, like with the haunted tower. And then I haven't even touched any of the faction quests yet.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Another thing I was wondering about that zool or perhaps others might know: which mods are best for companion AI these days? Is it something that has been elaborated upon recently? I did install Diligent Defenders based on Sigourn's mod list, so I also wonder if any other AI mods would conflict with that. I was thinking about it when I finished the Tamriel Rebuilt quest for the "perfect sword" that gives you a servant for life if you decide to give him the sword. Which is nice as a reward, except I just can't fucking handle companions in this game, considering the way they keep getting stuck. I saw one mod that just teleports the companions closer to you if they get lost, which I guess is an inelegant but convenient solution. Would also be in the market for any mod that lets you equip them, see their health and stats, get them to drink your potions, etc.

In future I also want to get something to transport MY HECKIN' SCRIBBERINOS (and rats) from Tribunal back to Vvardenfell. Totally stupid but the Telvanni stronghold is coming along nicely, and to be honest the Mournhold pets are less retarded than some of the shit that the other Telvanni mods add.

zool

Arcane
I never play with companions, so I can't really help you there.

zool

Arcane
Updated the OP.

- added 4 Post Main Quest mods (Vivec's Fate: The Ashlander Heresy by Brother Juniper, The Rise of the Tribe Unmourned by Caeris and SammyB27, After the Blight by Purist Pariah team, Epilogue - Sail to Akavir by AliceL93)
- added 1 minor mod in Dialogue > Additional Dialogue (Dual Faction Membership for NPCs by AliceL93)
- added a note about the recent LGNPC releases (thanks wwsd!)

Last edited:

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I never play with companions, so I can't really help you there.

I did some searching for it myself and ended up with Supreme Follower System. Works fine for me. I just ignore the ability to control all NPCs and just use it to manipulate the ones that are actually followers. More of a "nice to have" since I usually don't like to play MW with followers. Any ones that I get, I'll probably just end up putting them in Tel Uvirith to tend to the pet rats and scribs, which the mod also moves to Vvardenfell.

zool

Arcane
- Are there any recent, recommendable mods that add some kind of NPC schedules or changes like closing shop during the night, so you can't just loot their attic/basement because they're in the same place all the time? I remember Living Cities of Vvardenfell way back in the day, although I eventually didn't include it in later builds, because it also made some NPCs difficult to find. I don't much need to have some "radiant" bullshit but it would make for an interesting change of pace, also because of the aforementioned ease of burglary.

Though it might be a little bit too late, I just stumbled upon this for you: NPC Schedule. It's actually a reupload of an old mod by modding legend Grumpy but the description is interesting:

This is a fairly simple mod that basically disables NPCs at various times of the day (mostly night).

Ambiance only. Don't confuse this with the "Living Cities of Vardenfall" mod. It is nowhere near as extensive in scope as that mod is. Difference is that LCoV was never completed (about half the towns were done and several of the Vivec cantons) while this mod encompasses all towns and a all Vivec cantons (plazas and waistworks only).

This mod affects 56 cells on the main island of Morrowind. No NPCs are directly affected (no scripting on the NPCs themselves). The scheduling is accomplised via activators placed in the appropriate cells, so this mod should be safe to remove from a save if you don't care for it.

I did add a few extra guards to watch over the tables of the exterior vendors while they are disabled. They are scheduled to appear when the vendors are disabled, and disable when the vendors are enabled.

Mod should schedule all exterior NPCs on the main island in towns and cities, and also interior NPCs in the Vivec cantons only.

Since this is an old mod from c. 2005, I have no idea how it holds up today, especially with regard to compatibility.

There are new LGNPC releases? Are they any good?

The long-awaited LGNPC Ebonheart module has been quietly released some time last year but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Other than that, People of Pelagiad could be considered an unofficial replacement for / alternative to the terribad LGNPC Pelagiad module.

I noticed Suran on their website as well. Urgh. Playthrough again?

Indeed I had missed that, good catch. Since the old bethsoft forums went down (and the official LGNPC thread with it), I haven't found a way to keep track of LGNPC updates other than by checking from time to time the downloads section of their website, which isn't very practical.

Quoting myself to add that I realized LGNPC team leader Cyrano now posts updates for official releases on the old Great House Fliggerty forum:

October 2020 update: LGNPC Ebonheart release
January 2021 update: LGNPC Suran release

The latest update includes the following info:

The team is taking an extended break. Another new release is not likely this year, although work will likely begin on our next project town - wherever that may be.

Now that some other towns have actually been covered for unique dialogue by non-LGNPC townsmods (such as Caldera and Tel Aruhn), I hope that they will focus on finishing some of the most neglected cantons in Vivec (Hlaalu, Telvanni, Saint-Delyn, Saint-Olms) or, even better, that they finally tackle Balmora first and Sadrith Mora second.

zool

Arcane
Updated the OP.

- added a new Dialogue > Location Overhauls (w/unique dialogue) subsection with 7 mods (HOTV Gnisis by Heart of the Velothi team, OAAB Grazelands by MelchiorDahrk, OOAB Tel Mora by MelchiorDahrk, Tel Aruhn Chronicles by Team Lazy Lame Corprus Stalkers, The Merchants of Sadrith Mora by Lucevar, Redoran Council Overhall by Vidi_Aquam, Leyawynn and Lucevar, and Caldera Mine Expanded by Greatness7, Melchior Dahrk and TheDrunkenMudcrab)

- added 1 minor mod in Immersion > Consistency Fixes (Inscribed Maar Gan Rock by Leyawynn)

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I noticed with Tamriel Rebuilt, they no longer have the "Mainland House Telvanni", etc. factions. Also, with the TR_Factions plugin, you have to get approval from the mainland Telvanni councilors if you want to be Hortator. I think I'll disable this next time to be honest. I understand the new design philosophy of TR that they can no longer maintain the "hard cut" between Vvardenfell and the mainland. That goes out of the window once you start adding Ebonheart and Almalexia to the game. I noticed in Old Ebonheart there is even an in-game book that retcons the whole "Vvardenfell quarantine" thing. All perfectly understandable. But there is nothing in the game that suggests to me that the Vvardenfell Telvanni can't act on their own in naming a Hortator. Although I am amused by Aryon's suggestion that Dral might be difficult to reach because "it's not clear if he's currently in the Mundus". :lol:

Last edited:

zool

Arcane
I noticed with Tamriel Rebuilt, they no longer have the "Mainland House Telvanni", etc. factions. Also, with the TR_Factions plugin, you have to get approval from the mainland Telvanni councilors if you want to be Hortator. I think I'll disable this next time to be honest. I understand the new design philosophy of TR that they can no longer maintain the "hard cut" between Vvardenfell and the mainland. That goes out of the window once you start adding Ebonheart and Almalexia to the game. I noticed in Old Ebonheart there is even an in-game book that retcons the whole "Vvardenfell quarantine" thing. All perfectly understandable. But there is nothing in the game that suggests to me that the Vvardenfell Telvanni can't act on their own in naming a Hortator. Although I am amused by Aryon's suggestion that Dral might be difficult to reach because "it's not clear if he's currently in the Mundus". :lol:

Yes, I'm a bit bummed out by this change in their design philosophy since I much prefer to treat Morrowind and Tamriel Rebuilt as separate games.

Actually, to me, here's how it should be:

TES III: Morrowind (should actually be called "TES III: Vvardenfell")
TES IV: Tamriel Rebuilt (should actually be called "TES IV: Morrowind")

Last edited:

Funposter

Arcane
I noticed in Old Ebonheart there is even an in-game book that retcons the whole "Vvardenfell quarantine" thing.

To be fair the quarantine was a retcon and plot device introduced by Tribunal. The original game has several instances of people leaving Vvardenfell. Off the top of my head, Vodunius Nuccius, who travels from Seyda Neen to Narsis in southern Morrowind after you purchase his ring, and in the Vivec Informants quest, you can lie to the Census and Excise Agent by saying that Addhiranirr has caught a gondola to the mainland, implying that travel between Vvardenfell and the rest of Morrowind is possible.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I noticed in Old Ebonheart there is even an in-game book that retcons the whole "Vvardenfell quarantine" thing.

To be fair the quarantine was a retcon and plot device introduced by Tribunal. The original game has several instances of people leaving Vvardenfell. Off the top of my head, Vodunius Nuccius, who travels from Seyda Neen to Narsis in southern Morrowind after you purchase his ring, and in the Vivec Informants quest, you can lie to the Census and Excise Agent by saying that Addhiranirr has caught a gondola to the mainland, implying that travel between Vvardenfell and the rest of Morrowind is possible.

Yeah, that's true. This is kind of the problem with trying to make anything "lore friendly", which is that Bethesda is pretty inconsistent at times. Especially with a product like Tribunal where suddenly you're moved from an open world to a closed city, can't even levitate. A large part of the rot in the Elder Scrolls series started there... So anyway, that's the reason why they had the "quarantine" plot device in the first place, since otherwise it's hard to explain why you can only teleport to Mournhold.

I don't mind TR retconning that (and preparing to connect Mournhold to the greater Almalexia), still miffed at the faction mergers though. The mainland Telvanni hortator thing is a joke. There don't even seem to be any quests involved, just disposition checks. Most councillors are simply mirrors of their Vvardenfell counterparts, including in their willingness to help you. For two of them, I don't think I had any choice except to kill them, but they don't give any other quests anyway. The archmagister is located in some other realm, but you can simply ask his Mouth to commune with him. I wonder if this archmagister will have any issues with it when I become archmagister in Vvardenfell, or if suddenly that's okay again. :lol:

Funposter

Arcane

Yeah, that's true. This is kind of the problem with trying to make anything "lore friendly", which is that Bethesda is pretty inconsistent at times. Especially with a product like Tribunal where suddenly you're moved from an open world to a closed city, can't even levitate. A large part of the rot in the Elder Scrolls series started there... So anyway, that's the reason why they had the "quarantine" plot device in the first place, since otherwise it's hard to explain why you can only teleport to Mournhold.

I don't mind TR retconning that (and preparing to connect Mournhold to the greater Almalexia), still miffed at the faction mergers though. The mainland Telvanni hortator thing is a joke. There don't even seem to be any quests involved, just disposition checks. Most councillors are simply mirrors of their Vvardenfell counterparts, including in their willingness to help you. For two of them, I don't think I had any choice except to kill them, but they don't give any other quests anyway. The archmagister is located in some other realm, but you can simply ask his Mouth to commune with him. I wonder if this archmagister will have any issues with it when I become archmagister in Vvardenfell, or if suddenly that's okay again. :lol:
All of the Telvannis stuff is, iirc, due for a rework once the rest of the content is done. You have to remember that a lot of that content was released in 2006 and its age really shows. I wouldn't put too much stock into its integration or use it as a sign of quality for what's to come.

zool

Arcane
- lore-friendly (obviously)
I have but one problem with lore friendly mods for Morrowind. Allow me to illustrate:

Carelessly Crazy Caldera Community by Team Suran Suran (incl. Gavrilo93): gives the equivalent of the LGNPC treatment to Caldera (which doesn't have its own LGNPC module): adds a new shop, 2 new NPCs, 17 new quests, and adds unique background, personality and dialogue to most of the NPCs of the town.
47275-1572567711-1740246778.png
Author said:
OHAI I MADE U A LORE FRIENDLY MOD FEATURING WESTERN MERCHANT INEXPLICABLY WEARING ASHLANDER STYLE (GENERIC) PANTS AND SHIRT BECAUSE I AM A CLUELESS MORON WHO IS ALSO BLIND AND A MORON Y U NO DOWNLOAD
You see, I have no trust in assurance of lore friendliness coming from people who wouldn't recognize the lore if it stuck its milk-finger in their mouths then pierced their second aperture.
:obviously:

Morrowind has a lot of subtlety and hidden layers to its worldbuilding that are easily disrupted by clueless modding.
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, then maybe stick to modding Oblivion, so that no one who cares actually needs to see your creations, or at least Skyrim which is a great deal less subtle.

Someone loves you over at the Nexus, DraQ

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47275/

Last updated
13 October 2021 7:04AM

Changelogs
  • Version 1.2
    • Changed the outfit of the candle merchant so that he wouldn't wear Ashlander clothes (he is a Breton)
  • Version 1.1
    • Cleaning and dialogue tweaks, thanks to Danae

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Don't know why but months later openmw won't boot. I've pointed the launcher to several installations of it, in different directories, but nothing happens.

rohand

Cipher
Another thing I was wondering about that zool or perhaps others might know: which mods are best for companion AI these days? Is it something that has been elaborated upon recently? I did install Diligent Defenders based on Sigourn's mod list, so I also wonder if any other AI mods would conflict with that. I was thinking about it when I finished the Tamriel Rebuilt quest for the "perfect sword" that gives you a servant for life if you decide to give him the sword. Which is nice as a reward, except I just can't fucking handle companions in this game, considering the way they keep getting stuck. I saw one mod that just teleports the companions closer to you if they get lost, which I guess is an inelegant but convenient solution. Would also be in the market for any mod that lets you equip them, see their health and stats, get them to drink your potions, etc.

In future I also want to get something to transport MY HECKIN' SCRIBBERINOS (and rats) from Tribunal back to Vvardenfell. Totally stupid but the Telvanni stronghold is coming along nicely, and to be honest the Mournhold pets are less retarded than some of the shit that the other Telvanni mods add.

The best you got is Julan, but may be cringy for some.

zool

Arcane

The best you got is Julan, but may be cringy for some.

In addition to Julan, there have actually been quite a few companion mods released in the past few years which seem decent, but I haven't tried any of them:

Publius Claudius Follower by AliceL93: an Imperial Legionnaire follower named Publius Claudius with his own backstory and quest. Meant to be played as part of the Legion questline. It is already included in the Imperial Legion Expansion mod by the same author.

Elisamsi Follower by AliceL93: an Ordinator follower named Elisamsi with her own backstory. Commentary on quests and some character development. Made by the same author than Publius Claudius.

Olyn Hleran A Redoran Companion by team The Mythical Beasts (LadyPhoenixFireRose, kiramarshiku, Pseunomix, and Danae): a Redoran warrior, meant to be played as you quest for House Redoran. Some of the art assets don't look very vanilla-friendly though.

Arvesa - An Armiger's Tale by Orion / masterofchim: from the mod's description: "An extensive companion and quest mod that hooks onto Morrowinds Main Quest and offers a serious perspective to the world presented. Team up with a complex character with her own faults, hopes, and dreams. Discover another side to the Sixth House and its seedy connections. Make choices and roleplay who you want to be.". It was released very recently and is still in beta.

I may add them to the OP in the future.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, I wasn't thinking so much about *a* companion, but rather of a mod that gives better AI to any companions that you do have, or anyone you take on an escort quest, and gives them some of the features like being able to equip/unequip them. But the SFS mod that I posted above seems to to this job nicely, as long as you don't abuse the feature that lets you recruit *any* NPC.

zool

Arcane
Updated the OP:

Roleplay > Gameplay Tweaks:
- added Save the Date by Necrolesian

Dialogue > Location Overhauls (w/unique dialogue):
- added ReadMe - Library of Vivec Overhaul by seelof

Dialogue > Additional Dialogue (minor mods):
- added Caius Gives You a Cover Story by RingComics
- added Legion Veterans by Endoran

Immersion > Consistency Fixes:
- replaced Redaynia Restored with Ald Redaynia Mod N 147 by AliceL93
- replaced Dwemer and Ebony Service Refusal with Lore-friendly Trade Restrictions by KetGolosov

Immersion > Less Static World (minor mods):
- added War Leader Nerevar by Billyfighter
- added Under Construction by Necrolesian

Faction Expansion > Thieves' Guild
- added Thieves Guild Overhaul by AliceL93 (and removed Thieves' Guild in Gnaar Mok and Bal Molagmer Add-on since they are included in Thieves Guild Overhaul)
- moved Thieves' Guild Regained Trust mod from Roleplay section to this subsection.

Faction Expansion > Dark Brotherhood
- added Join the Dark Brotherhood by DD4n

Faction Expansion > Camonna Tong
- added Camonna Tong by Caeris

Faction Expansion > Imperial Knights (new subsection)
- added Imperial Knights Faction by AliceL93

Faction Expansion > Royal Guards (new subsection)
- added Join the Royal Guards by AliceL93

Companions (new section)
- added Publius Claudius Follower by AliceL93
- added Elisamsi Follower by AliceL93
- added Olyn Hleran A Redoran Companion by team The Mythical Beasts (LadyPhoenixFireRose, kiramarshiku, Pseunomix, and Danae)
- added Arvesa - An Armiger's Tale by Orion / masterofchim

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
New laptop, who dis? Yes, we're reinstalling MW... again. Finally got MO2 working properly at least, and with Sigourn's guide to get started, it's a breeze (I keep promising myself to try OpenMW at some point, but I'll save that for the next installation). Although I noticed in Sigourn's guide, he recommends deleting the official plugins, but no longer offers alternatives to them in the second part. Not that you're missing much, but something players might want to be aware of.

A long time ago I already wanted to do this playthrough as an Imperial/Hlaalu swine that never really got off the ground. Now the latest and upcoming releases of Tamriel Rebuilt include more Hlaalu content, I think. So waiting for the next release, I figured I'd install some of the mods from this list to spice up both the Hlaalu and Main Quest a bit, considering that I've done these in vanilla a thousand times before. And add difficulty to the Imperial guilds. This time I did decide to embrace mods with more dialogue options and choices and consequences. We'll make this game Codexian yet!

From this list, I've added the following mods:

• What Thieves Guild
  • Great Service
  • Hospitality Papers Expanded
  • Vanilla Quest RP Tweaks Choices and Consequences
  • Quest Tweaks and Alternatives
  • Greetings for NoLore
  • Persuasion Response Expansion
  • Traveling Merchants
  • Gnisis Docks
  • Escort Caius
  • War Leader Nerevar
  • RP House Hlaalu
  • Hlaalu Rank Adjust
  • Religions Elaborated
  • Imperial Legion Expansion
  • Imperial Factions
  • Blades Informant
  • Morag Tong Polished
  • Imperial Knights Faction

So hopefully plenty of things to do while waiting for the new TR release. Thanks OP for maintaining this list.

More Exclusive Factions by AliceL93 and Lucevar: seriously restricts faction membership, taking into account lore and common sense, so that you can't join (and become leader of) nearly every faction of Vvardenfell. Making many of the factions mutually exclusive forces you to choose more carefully where your allegiances lie, and adds more roleplay flavour to a playthrough. Are you a common sellsword, a loyal citizen doing your duty to the Empire, or an honorable warrior seeking to prove yourself and gain glory for your House? Do you believe in the Three, or in the Nine? Will your partake in political life as a member of one of the native Dunmer factions, or help regulate it as an assassin for the Morag Tong? Also include flavorful dialogue for faction refusals.

Note: check the mod page and comments for a list of mutually exclusive factions and reasoning behind it. This mod will seriously restrict the number of quests that are available to the player but 1. there are still tons of quests in the game and 2. this mod does a wonderful job at forcing you to roleplay your character in a believable way rather than joining every faction for loot.

I was writing a post about how restrictive these options are and I wish there was a mod that only made the Cult/Temple exclusive, but then scrolled down in the OP and realised that 'Religions Elaborated' does the job. Still, the modder's ideas about faction exclusivity are interesting. Although apparently there is a bit of in-game lore that suggests some Dunmer are in fact members of both Temple and Cult. Still to me they always felt like competing factions. Hmm...

The other choices I can get, but seem a little restrictive. Like the Legion/Fighters Guild/Redoran restriction. I get the very distinct impression that the MW player character is more like a freelancer, so if you can fight well, there's no reason not to join with any faction that wants combat-capable men. If you join the Legion, you don't actually have to be in uniform all the time, you don't have to do guard duties, etc. Of course the way Todd wrote the Legion is a bit shambolic anyway, so maybe we shouldn't read too much into any of this. I also installed Imperial Legion Expansion, not sure if I will actually play a Legionnaire in this run, but it will be interesting to see if this makes the quest line a little better.

The Morag Tong restriction makes sense, but is of course also very restrictive. But I like the idea that she uses for Mages Guild/Temple: allowing you to join both, but becoming more restrictive in the mid/higher ranks. So you can join both and freelance with them, but not rise to the upper echelons of both. Maybe in future it would be good to have a mod that just makes Cult/Temple exclusive altogether, and only make the higher ranks mutually exclusive for some other factions. Or maybe even give this treatment to Cult/Temple as well.

Last edited:

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Quest Tweaks and Alternatives by Stuporstar: this mod adds more options to Morrowind's original quests, fleshes out some quest related dialogue, and makes minor tweaks to a few quest rewards. This mod does not add whole new quests, and does not remove original content. It focuses mostly on Mages' Guild quests but also touches some Tribunal Temple, Telvanni, Fighters' Guild and Imperial Cult quests as well as misc quests.

Note: QTA is a wide-ranging mod that is bound to have some incompatibilities with other mods tinkering with vanilla quests, such as l1lartur0's Go Away Move Along, zelazko's Fighters Guild Questline Overhaul or Caeris' Religions Elaborated (except if you use the No Quest Modifications version for the latter). When they modify the same quest, the latest mod installed will take precedence over the others and, while there is always a chance that this will result in bugs, QTA is still very much worth installing in my opinion.

I don't know if it's due to QTA itself or due to one of the conflicts mentioned here (I have Religions Elaborated installed), but when I do the first quest line of the Mages Guild, it becomes impossible to do the "Bet with Galbedir" quest. When you ask Ajira about "Bet with Galbedir", she simply says "It doesn't surprise me" like all the other NPCs, and it's impossible to progress the quest (and therefore all other Mages Guild quests in Balmora).

Deleting the QTA mod solved the problem for me. I don't know if I would recommend against ever installing it, but my philosophy is that if something fucks up the game within the first 15 minutes of filling out your character sheet, it doesn't bode well for the rest.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Double post, but I decided to install LGNPC. First time in 5 years or so, I think. Just because I've had so many half-baked replays in that time, I can already dream all the generic content on Vvardenfell. I haven't seen any reviews or experiences with the newish modules (Suran and Ebonheart) recently. I haven't played Suran yet, but my thoughts on Ebonheart so far:

The new Ebonheart plugin is OK. I haven't tried talking to every single NPC or exhausted every dialogue option, so I don't know if there are any new quests. But the writing of the dialogue is good overall. Some NPCs still suffer from this thing where you ask them about their background, and they give you 5 paragraphs. But at least the backstories are not too crazy, and this only applies to a minority of the characters. I also caught only one or two occasions where the mod puts dumb statements or opinions in your character's mouth. It's actually pretty funny how they filled in the blanks of all the Fighters Guild members guarding the docks, and they respond to you differently if you're a member. It's just nice to have more dialogue for Ebonheart, because it's one of the more generic cities in the game. You have this tavern full of people, you have the representatives of all the factions, you have loads of members of Imperial factions in general, but in the base game, there's just never a reason to talk to any of them. So :salute: to the LGNPC team for tackling this. Hopefully they will do some other generic towns like Tel Aruhn, Tel Branora or Dagon Fel next. Also looking forward to trying Suran.

By the way, I was getting frame rates of like 10-20 at first despite having a new laptop, and I was wondering WTF was going on. Turns out I'm just retarded and for some reason the game defaulted to use the Intel integrated video card instead of the NVidia one. Yeah. Now everything runs super smoothly with MGSE and all the shaders recommended by Sigourn. Sounds very obvious, but if you're running into FPS issues at all, take a look at your video card settings.

zool

Arcane
Updated the OP:

Roleplay > Quest Alternatives:
- added two alternate download links for Quest Tweaks and Alternatives
- added BDC-Seyda Neen by EnclaveKiller
- added five mods by Drockman64

Roleplay > Gameplay Tweaks
- added Service Requirements Revised by Vahnikes, Dungeom and Sigourn

- added Balmora Guilds Expanded by Lucevar

Dialogue > Additional Dialogue:
- removed Nastier Camonna Tong by VonDjango
- added Ultra Violent Camonna Tong by qwertyquit

Immersion > Consistency Fixes
- added Nerevarine Service Refusal by rumeely

Immersion > Less Static World:
- added Special Occasions by RedConversation

Faction Expansion > House Telvanni
- added Taskmaster of House Telvanni by Sage

Faction Expansion > Fighters' Guild
- removed Fighters Guild Questline Overhaul by zelazko
- added Fighters Guilds Improved by FlinSunset

Faction Expansion > Camonna Tong
- added Errands for Orvas by unknown
- expanded warning note about DD4n's Join the Camonna Tong mod

Faction Expansion > Twin Lamps
- updated Brother Juniper's Twin Lamps mod to Lucevar's fixed and updated 2022 version.

zool

Arcane
Updated the OP:

Dialogue > Less-Generic type mods
- added note to LGNPC about alvazir's patch
- added note to Djangos Dialogue about alvazir's patch

- added note to Caldera Mine Expanded with RandomPal's simplified but dialogue-free version
- added note to Readme - Library of Vivec Overhaul with a link to C89C's patch
- added Balmora Waterworks
- added Balmora Docks District

Dialogue > Additional Dialogue:
- added AliceL93's variant for Mournhold Courtiers
- added note to Raym's Vampire Rumors about alvazir's patch

Dialogue > Audio
- added Quest Voice Greetings by VonDjango/vonwolfe

Immersion > Consistency Fixes
- added two alternative mods to Leyawynn's Inscribed Maar Gan Rock: The Magic Rock of Maar Gan by Vegetto88 and RandomPal and Maar Gan Shrine by Nwahs and Mushrooms Team
- added an alternative mod to AliceL93' Ald Redaynia Mod N.147: Gray North - Ruined Redaynia by Anumaril21

Immersion > Less Static World:
- added Boats by abot
- added Gondoliers by abot
- Added Silt Striders by abot
- Added Traveling Guard Riders by GrumblingVomit
- added Ashlander Silt Skiff by Danae
- added note to Correspondances of Morrowind about alvazir's patch

Faction Expansion > Tribunal Temple
- added Temple Master by Melchior Dahrk

Faction Expansion > Mages' Guild
- added More Quests by Sophie Kirschner

Faction Expansion > Morag Tong
- added Morag Tong Writs by VitruvianGuar

Post Main Quest mods
- added note about the "Crown Editions" of After the Blight and the Rise of the Tribe Unmourned
- added note to Sail to Akavir with PFCacklefanny's alternative version allowing to play Sail to Akavir after having played through the Rise of the Tribe Unmourned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom